Sign in to follow this  
Lubak10

Patrick Stewart In Dune

I couldn't believe it when it saw it! :eek: I did a search for the novel Dune by Frank Herbert and I found pictures of Patrick Stewart as Gurney Halleck! I had no idea he had done that movie. Now I need to find it so I can see what he did with Gurney's character.

Here's a link to the site I found. Stewart as Gurney

:eek: i didnt know that as well,but i havent seen Dune for a long time i might watch it later and see if i can spot him.

He plays Gurney Halleck, Paul's teacher and friend. :eek:

Here's a picture.

Click for Spoiler:

Distille.jpg

I love him in that movie. :eek:

(spoiler box added for large pic control)

Edited by Alterego

He did a good job in that movie but in Lynch's version of Dune Gurney was a much more minor character than he was in the novel. Still Patrick Stewart did a good job in what was a limited role. :eek:

and I do believe if you can find it there is a six hour version of the movie. The si fi channel has played the six hour verson a few times.

We are talking about two sets of Dune.

The first, with Stewart, came out in theaters in 1984 and there was a longer TV version that sucked.

There is also a more recent Dune miniseries that was a SyFy original. That is the one with Hurt as Leto. Dune Messiah and Children of Dune were also made into a single follow-up miniseries.

I saw the 1984 version in a theater in the town I was born, with only 12 people in the whole audience. I knew the movie was in trouble then as far as box office went. If you had not read the book (I had), the movie was rather confusing.

I thought Patrick was good in the role.

Siskel and Ebert said it was the worst movie ever, but I liked it.

The worst movie ever was Spanglish. There were 6 people in the theater including me and 3 relatives. The other two ended up leaving. I was saving up my gas and during a quiet part I let out a massive fart.