Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

Nausicans

If you mean what happened to Nausicans having screen time I agree.

I like it when other races are dealt with. I don't like it when they are just there once and then that's all. I like the developement of a culture.

I always thought the Nausicans were quite interesting, like Klingons without the honour. I'd like to see more of them.

I know what you mean but what i am beginning to noice the key of a good star trek speices is the ability to draw in the audinece. If you don't have those elements then you are going to have a hard time. B) B)

If we do get a new series -

I'd like to see an episode dedicated to the Nausicans. I think what I'd like best is maybe a Nausican bounty hunter episode. The episode could just follow him through his mission in the episode with him as the principal character of the episode. We wouldn't need to learn much about him so we could still maintain the mystery of the species itself while still getting them back involved in the Star Trek world.

It's interesting how some races just seem to catch on with the audience with very little screen time. Take the Pakleds. We saw them in only one episode, and it wasn't a very significant one as episodes go, but it seems to have caught on with the audience a lot more than the other one-hit-wonder races.

I wonder if they were in fact limited in their use of the Nausicaans. Remember, they were based on the Predator from the 1987 movie of the same name. Predator's a little scarier, and can go invisible (like the Jem'hadar's Shrouding), but the resemblance is uncanny. In fact, first time I saw them, I used profanity and said to myself, "The Predator just made a cameo on Star Trek". In fact, though I haven't seen Predator 2 (heard it was a waste of time), could it not be said that Predator was, in fact, a Nausicaan?

I wonder if they were in fact limited in their use of the Nausicaans. Remember, they were based on the Predator from the 1987 movie of the same name. Predator's a little scarier, and can go invisible (like the Jem'hadar's Shrouding), but the resemblance is uncanny. In fact, first time I saw them, I used profanity and said to myself, "The Predator just made a cameo on Star Trek". In fact, though I haven't seen Predator 2 (heard it was a waste of time), could it not be said that Predator was, in fact, a Nausicaan?

The Predator species is actually known as the Yajuta. The Aliens are known as xenomorphs. So the movie is actually XVY.

You mean in the Predator films, the species is named Yajuta? I mean that the Nausicaans are based on the Predator... or Yajutas (Yajutae?) if that's what they technically are.

I don't know if Trek based anything on the Aliens (xenomorphs), but Nintendo did. When they couldn't get the rights to make an Aliens video game, they made Metroid. The Metroids are nothing like the Aliens, but it's a very similar idea: Female bounty hunter/warrior type goes to planet to fight aliens.

You mean in the Predator films, the species is named Yajuta? I mean that the Nausicaans are based on the Predator... or Yajutas (Yajutae?) if that's what they technically are.

Yes the Predators' species is known as Yatuja and the Nausicaans' physical appearance is based on them, but they are not the same.

They are fun people. True, they would be fun to make them more common in star trek. But, some reason have them trow darts at each other and find that as fun. People that love pain are well not my type.

They are fun people. True, they would be fun to make them more common in star trek. But, some reason have them trow darts at each other and find that as fun. People that love pain are well not my type.

I totally forgot about them doing that. You really have an outstanding memory!