Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Evans

How come Vulcans don't have beards?

Like the title says: How come Vulcans don't have beards? Except for alternate reality Spock... but that's alternate reality... so the question stands.

Edited by Lt. Evans

Sybok had a beard, but I guess taht doesn't count since he was loopy (by Vulcan standards at least.) But isn't it like, all hot on Vulcan? If that's the case then a beard would probably get all hot and itchy. Or maybe they don't have beards because it's too neo-hippie-ish, and hippies aren't logical. Or maybe it's just not in style. :huh:

In the book "Probe" Sarek's protege Riley (the singing one from Engineering) has a beard and Riley remembers how Sarek had first reacted to it when they first met. They mention how it is unusual for Vulcan's to have beards because they aren't dignified. Edited by Captain Bolivar

Perhaps the Vulcan High Command has already encountered the Mirror Universe and proclaimed beards un- dignified as a result of that meeting? Sybok was anti-establishment so it stands to reason he would fly in the face of whatever rule the VHC or societal value was held. Maybe they have really good razors.

I thought it was because the only Vulcans who have beards are the unVulcan Vulcans, so most Vulcans who are Vulcan don't have beards because that's the Vulcan thing to do, if you're Vulcan.

I thought it was because the only Vulcans who have beards are the unVulcan Vulcans, so most Vulcans who are Vulcan don't have beards because that's the Vulcan thing to do, if you're Vulcan.

I swear that makes sense... :)

Vulcans are logical, not sexy and beards are VERY sexy. I'm not much into Vulcans but the alternate reality Spock was hot!

Can you tell I have a thing for facial hair? :picard-sith:

Rikerchick is right... if not how do you explain practically every male actor in hollywood having one?

mindpre2.jpg

Russel Crowe

09.jpg

Brad Pitt

paypre7.jpg

Ben Affleck

inspect_her_depp.jpg

Jonny Depp

pirates2.jpg

Orlando Bloom

eric2.jpg

Eric Bana

Tuvok didn't have a beard, but we did see him shaving in The Year of Hell episode when he was blind. He cut himself with his razor.

There is not enough evidence to make an assumption. It would be illogical to jump to conclusions since we have only seen about 50 Vulcans in star trek's run.