Sign in to follow this  
stoned_vulcan

Question About The Ent-e

Hi everyone i have a question how many decks are there in the Ent-E? picard says 24 and a crewman says that the borg have taken up to 26... which one should i believe?was it just a script goof?

According to StarTrek.com Soverign-class vessels have 24 decks. I beleive you should beleive Picard, but you should always do that anyway!

Why obey Picard, this says it all:

:)

Yeh, they screwed up the number in First Contact AND Nemesis, but I'm almost positive the correct number is 24.

not neccisarilly, oric. and also, The Enterprise E did undergo some changes between Insurrection and Nemesis, so it is possible they decided to add a vew decks for more cargo capacity or something.

not neccisarilly, oric. and also, The Enterprise E did undergo some changes between Insurrection and Nemesis, so it is possible they decided to add a vew decks for more cargo capacity or something.

To do that, they would have to completely rebuild the underside of the ship. I wont say it's not possible, but here's the thing:

Riker is sent to fight the intruding Remans on the bottommost deck.

He jumps DOWN a shaft to go after the viceroy.

The viceroy eventually falls down a big shaft reminiscent of the one Palpatine was thrown down in SWRotJ.

They must've added on 30 some-odd decks! :)

(EJP, just so you know, I'm being sarcastic towards the writers, not you. One would think that they would've caught it this time after the griping over the same mistake in FC.)

Hi everyone i have a question how many decks are there in the Ent-E? picard says 24 and a crewman says that the borg have taken up to 26... which one should i believe?was it just a script goof?

There are 24 decks as shown in the bridge's MSD, which features a cross section of the ship. Pause one of movies 8-10 and you can count 24 decks. Deck 26 in First Contact and deck 29 in Nemesis are goofs. :)

The Enterprise E did undergo some changes between Insurrection and Nemesis, so it is possible they decided to add a vew decks for more cargo capacity or something.

The Enterprise as seen in NEMESIS is the same size and height as in the previous two movies. When the CGI model was rebuilt for the movie, all "changes" were cosmetic along with the warp nacelle pylons.

yea i heard they changed the model but didnt catch deck 29 in nemey.. y did they add to the model? just because or was there a specific reason.. i know it wouldnt b the same reason as y they changed the ent a in the wrath of khan because it was all computer animated

They had to rebuild the CGI model due to having a new special effects company for the movie, so John Eaves saw this as an opportunity to "upgrade" the model, which could be explained as a refit between movies. The "upgrades" include:

Click for Spoiler:

enterprise-e-modifications.jpg

The changes also include new positions for the ships warp nacelle pylons as well as different color schemes for parts of the ship.

The "height" of the ship was not alterred, thus there can be no deck 29. :biggrin:

It's all B&B's fault. Thy never catch the stuff. Too many inconsistancies..... It has 24 decks..... period.

I can't believe people keep making an issue about this! Have you seen Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. They fly up a turbo lift shaft that is EIGHTY decks in a STRAIGHT LINE! The Enterprise A didn't have NEARLY that many and even the ones they had didn't travel in a straight line. That is significantly worse than that of what happened in Nemesis. Don't blame B&B because Gene Roddenberry made a BIGGER mistake regarding the number of decks aboard an Enterprise. Besides it isn't Gene's fault or B and B's... not everything can be correct! There are just to many things to be mindfull of when it comes to making Trek. They are, afterall, just minor bloopers and do not detract from the WRITING of the film. Like a wise kid once said: Don't have a cow man!

I wondered the same thing. Pause a scene which shows the "deck chart" at the back of the bridge and you can count 24 decks. Lt. Hawk's, "They've got decks 26 up to 11." is a goof.

I can't believe people keep making an issue about this!  Have you seen Star Trek V: The Final Frontier.  They fly up a turbo lift shaft that is EIGHTY decks in a STRAIGHT LINE!  The Enterprise A didn't have NEARLY that many and even the ones they had didn't travel in a straight line.  That is significantly worse than that of what happened in Nemesis.  Don't blame B&B because Gene Roddenberry made a BIGGER mistake regarding the number of decks aboard an Enterprise.  Besides it isn't Gene's fault or B and B's... not everything can be correct!  There are just to many things to be mindfull of when it comes to making Trek.  They are, afterall, just minor bloopers and do not detract from the WRITING of the film.  Like a wise kid once said: Don't have a cow man!

Calm down, man. I love discussing bloopers in Trek. They don't bother me nor detract from the quality, but they do make me laugh, especially that whole "Deck 29" thing in NEM. :)

It's all B&B's fault.

No, it's not.

Thy never catch the stuff.

Then explain all the continuity in the movie.

Too many inconsistancies.....

There's only what, maybe 4 inconsistancies?

It has 24 decks..... period.

It's entirely possible that the line was "Deck 19" and a typo, never caught, resulted in deck 29.

There's also the thing that in TOS first contact is stated to have happened in 2061 not 2063

Its not a mistake or a simple CG makeover.

Its a refited Ent-E.

They refited the ship after Insurrection & maybe after the Dominion war too, to makesure they are ready for future onslaughts.

& its a good thing they did, if they hadn't refitted the ship, I will bet 99% the whole Enterprise-E will be destroyed by the Scimitar more easily.

:oops:

Lt. Hawk's, "They've got decks 26 up to 11." is a goof.

it wasnt hawk who said it just some no name guy..

Oh, I remember now, that was Lieutennat Daniels who is later the Enterprise chief of security and tactical officer in INSURRECTION.

yea i heard they changed the model but didnt catch deck 29 in nemey.. y did they add to the model? just because or was there a specific reason.. i know it wouldnt b the same reason as y they changed the ent a in the wrath of khan because it was all computer animated

It does make me wonder where the extra decks come from. NTL it's better than the 78 decks seen in TTF onboard the Enterpirse-A labelled upside down but not by much, no?

Lt. Hawk's, "They've got decks 26 up to 11." is a goof.

it wasnt hawk who said it just some no name guy..

Oh, I remember now, that was Lieutennat Daniels who is later the Enterprise chief of security and tactical officer in INSURRECTION.

That guy was cool

Finally someone from the same country :rofl:

what state are u from, Raja62 ?

Anyway, about the size

Ent-E is longer but

Ent-D is wider & taller :laugh:

Galaxy Class

Length : 641 m

Beam : 470 m

Height : 145 m

Sovereign Class

Length : 680 m

Beam : 240 m

Height : 87 m

But my favourite is the Sovereign :laugh:

The Enterprise E did undergo some changes between Insurrection and Nemesis, so it is possible they decided to add a vew decks for more cargo capacity or something.

The Enterprise as seen in NEMESIS is the same size and height as in the previous two movies. When the CGI model was rebuilt for the movie, all "changes" were cosmetic along with the warp nacelle pylons.

I thought it looked alittle taller in Nemesis. maybe it was a camera angle.