Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

If You Found A Money Packed Wallet?

I have foud one had 700 dollars in it. i returned it intack so glad i did. was a mans paycheck. had a family. Offered me a reward turned him down. was not my money was not raised that way. (do onto others)

Return it of course,Money and all

BTW

HAS ANYONE SEEN MY WALLET.I KINDA MISPLACED IT :grin:

Return it of course,Money and all

BTW

HAS ANYONE SEEN MY WALLET.I KINDA MISPLACED IT  :grin:

::buys a a few new CDs and then hears Tina:: ummmm ahhhhh ::runs away::

I would look for picture i.d. or some info as to whom it belongs as for the money....well i would deduct the cost of returning it, and the replacement cost of any i.d. within......return it with no return address...

I would 1st see if I saw who dropped it if not 2. I would look for identification and return it if there was some. 3. If there was no hint to whose it was, I would take it. That is the logical choce of action

Return it with everything intact. Why take something that does not belong to me?

If I were to lose my purse, I would freak out .. so I know that someone else who has this happen must go through the same thing.

I work as a cashier, and I am sorry but I freak out in my mind seeing people open their wallets and it is crammed with money. All I can think of is, these people are leaving themselves open to lose so much. To carry more than MAYBE 75 to 100 dollars in cash on you seems so dangerous, even in your own home town. ESPECIALLY when you are on a trip, I know other forms of money can be stolen too... but they are more difficult for the thieves to spend immediately.

I almost '*poopie*' myself when I thought I left my purse at college I had to ring my lecturer and they were looking all over for it. Little did I know, it was in my pocket all that time! :blush: :angry:

I would return it to my local police station.

I would keep all the money and the wallet, if it was a nice wallet. If it wasn't I'd keep the money and sell the wallet. I would have no qualms whatsoever at doing this.

:devil:

Ugh, was I really so full of it back then? *kicks younger self hard*

I'd return it.

[beat me to it Jack :blush:]

Edited by NordicBearskin

I would be sorely tempted to keep it, but I think ultimately I would check for ID, and if there was none, then I would post an in the facility where I found it- description to claim. If no one claimed it, then after a long enough period of time, I would keep it.

If there was alot of money in it I would drop the wallet outside a police department and keep the cash. If there wasn't too much in it I would return it because the owner might need it.

Look for ID to return it myself. Barring that, police station.

Yeah or drop in a mailbox. I only wish whoever has found my lost wallets over the years would have done the same. :) Buttholes. :drool:

I would return the wallet. I lost my wallet enough to know that its pain it is to call to cancel the credit cards, atm cards, and replacing any missing ID cards. I did one time lose a wallet and it was returned. At that time I was not aware that I lost, but when got home I had message on the answer machine. The person found it in lived in the projects. I had to go to the Housing Authorty Office. Going to the projects wasn't a big problem. Almost all my stuff was still there. The only items that where missing bus tokins. At that time they where worth $1.25. I believe 5 token where gone, but I wasn't going to complain at all. I wish I could have meet the person who fouind my wallet and thank them.

I am unsure as to what reality someone would properly return found items such as money, but it is not this one. While returning a person's wallet or purse with all of the cards and ID would be appropriate, the money is one thing that one should never expect to have returned "real world people."

At the race track the announcer comes over the pa and says: To whomever lost a large wad of cash wrapped in a rubber band. We have found your rubber band.

I would return everything no matter how much money in the wallet.

i was once with my grandma and we found a wallet at the shopping centre, filled with $175. We turned it in but nobody claimed it after 6 months, so they let us keep it. It's a real shame because it looked like a child's wallet.