Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Cochran returns

I see a couple of ways it Could happen.

1. Time travel, that would be an obvious way to do it though and I don't think they should do that.

For the second one I'd have to look to see where Kirk discovered him to know if this could work or not.

2. The Enterprise could discover him living on the planet that Kirk finds him on. After discussions Cochran could ask Archer and the crew of the Enterprise to forget about his existence on that planet because he wants to be left there alone with the life form that saved his life. Archer and crew would of course honor this request and remove any reference to the discovery from their database preserving Cochran's secret.

I don't know...

I think it's got to be timetravel.....

temporal cold war of course....

I don't know...

I think it's got to be timetravel.....

temporal cold war of course....

Time travel wouldn't really be needed though, it's something that's used as a crutch at times I think. They could easily make a story in the current time line and have them still "run into" him on some far away planet in the Expanse.

The president's idea is right, and possible. Cochrane departed Alpha Centauri in 2117 at age 87 only 37 years earlier that present day "Enterprise". Crash lands on planetoid in Gamma Canaris system meets the "Companion" which begins to re-juvenate him-(so James Cromwell could reprise his role in a guest appearance) What a Blast of a Show that Would Be!!!!!) And Archer could end up doing the same thing Kirk did-Leave him be and not report it.

The president's idea is right, and possible.  Cochrane departed Alpha Centauri in 2117 at age 87 only 37 years earlier that present day "Enterprise".  Crash lands on planetoid in Gamma Canaris system meets the "Companion" which begins to re-juvenate him-(so James Cromwell could reprise his role in a guest appearance)  What a Blast of a Show that Would Be!!!!!)  And Archer could end up doing the same thing Kirk did-Leave him be and not report it.

That was my thought exactly. It would be a show they would have to be careful not to do as a "remake" of the TOS episode but they could come up with something I'm sure.

Cochran did die, and he is dead. Many years before, Archer's father and he worked on perfecting the Warp 5 engine. They were also secretly working together on covert projects involving cryogenics and cloning. They had cloned each other, or themselves, however you want to say it. Then had been deep frozen until a pre-designated time, when they would be revived. Unfortunatley, Archer's Dad's clone was destroyed by a system's failure at the storage facility. So only Cochran was revived. Being Johnathan's GodFather, naturally he wanted to see him and tell him this. He was revived with all his memories intact.

Cochran did die, and he is dead.  Many years before, Archer's father and he worked on perfecting the Warp 5 engine.  They were also secretly working together on covert projects involving cryogenics and cloning.  They had cloned each other, or themselves, however you want to say it.  Then had been deep frozen until a pre-designated time, when they would be revived.  Unfortunatley, Archer's Dad's clone was destroyed by a system's failure at the storage facility.  So only Cochran was revived.  Being Johnathan's GodFather, naturally he wanted to see him and tell him this.  He was revived with all his memories intact.

Zephram Cochrane doesn't die until sometime in the 23rd century after James Kirk encounters him on planet Gamma Canaris N, in TOS Episode "Metamorphosis". In fact we can't be sure that he actually did die after Kirk's encounter with him. He could somehow have still hade an extended life into the 24th century.

The cloning business you mention isn't detailed in any of the Star Trek history books or mentioned on any Star Trek episodes that I've seen.

Cochran did die, and he is dead.  Many years before, Archer's father and he worked on perfecting the Warp 5 engine.  They were also secretly working together on covert projects involving cryogenics and cloning.  They had cloned each other, or themselves, however you want to say it.  Then had been deep frozen until a pre-designated time, when they would be revived.  Unfortunatley, Archer's Dad's clone was destroyed by a system's failure at the storage facility.  So only Cochran was revived.  Being Johnathan's GodFather, naturally he wanted to see him and tell him this.  He was revived with all his memories intact.

This was meant as an idea only wasn't it! I think it could work with

careful writing..Good going! :naughty:

This is where the space-time continuum comes into play, well sort of. Yes, there was another entity of Cochrane, but this clone is a younger version of him with all his memories intact. Your missing the point if you continue thinking of this Cochrane as the old one living the remainder of HIS life away from Earth. Meeting Archer at about the same age, get it?

Cloning wasn't mentioned before? How about when Phloxx cloned Trip?? Also I did metion that it was COVERT. Writers are supposed to come up with new twists, aren't they?