Sign in to follow this  

The Passion of Christ

Ya once the credits played, I didn't know what to say. I couldn't do anything but say "wow" and wipe my eyes. Lol.

Quo T,mir @Feb 28 2004, 06:30 PM

Maybe you should see it before passing judgment on it, at least that's the intelligent thing to do, imo. But then, what do I know?

I just saw the Movie,

But i liked the Book better

:dude:

This was the last movie that I took my father to before he passed away (though the last movie I watched with him was a WWII movie named Battle Cry). I was a little surprised when he said he wanted to go see it, it's been several years now but from what I remember of it it was pretty good.

I may have to get it on DVD and watch it again sometime soon.

I own the dvd now and have watched it.

But the first time I saw a portion of this movie was at church during communion. We have a very large church, and two large view screens in the front, facing different angles, behind the altar and the musicians. Someone allowed the playing of the scenes that alternated between the last supper, and his beating and dying on the cross during communion. Because the church is large, it took a while to distribute the wafer and grape juice for communion. The lights were lowered and the choir was a singing some appropriate song. I and many others sitting near me were crying and upset as we watched those scenes. It was not the usual meditation on Christ's death that one does during communion. Our pastors never did that again.

Also I think that those images from that film only focus on the severe PHYSICAL suffering of Christ. We knew and could now visualize the horrible suffering that Christ endured in His physical body. But when the sins of all humanity for all time were placed on the Lamb of God, when He became 'sin' to remove our sins from us......no movie can make us feel or know what our Lord actually endured in those moments. At best that we can hope to understand at last when we see him face to face.