Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Who wants the next film to star TNG?

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who wants the next film to star TNG?

• I do! Yes please.
    • No more next generation for me.

I would like to stress that this is not a poll as to whether you think it is likely that the next film will star the TNG cast, but if you would like the next film to be a TNG one.

My answer would be "I do! Yes please" as I consider TNG to contain a great set of actors and to be the best crew since Kirk and co.

Guest Ktrek

I would like to see something "completely" different. So no TNG for me. BUT if it has to be I will still go see it! :flowers:

Ktrek

As much as i like TNG I think it has most likely run its course.

Would really like to see a DS9 movie though.

I hope to see more of a mixed cast type of deal. I love TNG, but it's time to bring in some DS9 and Voyager characters!!! I also think Q should be in this next movie.....he could help bring the three casts together somehow....

:flowers:

Jaina

Sure. :blink: Nemesis aside, the TNG cast still has the ability to pump out another good film. I just don't feel that any of the other casts could bring in half the crowd TNG can (if the story itself is good).

TNG-film is okey but it must be the final movie than were picard realy has to die

and that a new captain should appear

..............................................................................................................

enermagwelwatmeergebeftwordenindiefilm[/color]

No, no, no... I don't want the next Star Trek movie to be 'Next Generation'... please something new and original. "DS9: The return of Sisko"

Huge f*** off space battles, anyone?

Seriously... I remember watching Wayne's World as a kid and Wayne claiming that Star Trek: The Next Generation won't be what people immediately think of when you say Star Trek, and that it will always be about Kirk. I used to agree, but now I think that as the years have moved on more and more people associate the word 'Star Trek' with:

The bridge of Enterprise-D

Captain Picard saying he's French but speaking with an English accent

Worf's ponytail

Riker's beard

Data's wishes to be human

Geordi's visor

Troi's appauling costumes

Q popping up to annoy the hell out of them

And when I had a conversation with my friend Tim, he said he'd never heard of Captain Sisko. He'd heard of Kirk and Picard and he'd seen Voyager a couple of times because it was such a popular series (Even my sister enjoyed that one) but I was in a state of shock when my friend Tim didn't know who Sisko was. I was trying to explain that Sisko was the coolest captain (In My Opinion) and Tim didn't even know who he was.

"He's the black captain..." I explained

"Oh, that'll explain why he's the coolest."

I want a DS9 movie. The Return of Sisko, Reemergence of Odo, Prophets Revenge, I really don't care what they call it. And I don't care if they make it into a miniseries for television. In fact, that might be better since it will be LONGER, more detailed, and lets face it the difference between movie special effect and t.v. special effects is not that much.

TNG was great, but the gang just seems pretty tired and not to up to date on happenings in their universe. Where were these guys during the Dominion War? They're the flagship???? Because something so monumental happened in the ST universe that Picard & Co. weren't even involved in, they've felt totally out of the loop to me anyway. Another movie with them that doesn't even include anyone from DS9 (Worf doesn't count Capt. Jean-Luc Picard), would just seem pointless to me.

I voted No more next generation for me..I wish there were more options on this poll..However, I think TNG has had it's chance and blew it with Nemesis..Time to move on to another version of Trek..Anything would be better than TNG in my opinion..DS9, VOY, mixed or new cast..

TNG was great, but the gang just seems pretty tired and not to up to date on happenings in their universe.  Where were these guys during the Dominion War?  They're the flagship?

Exactly... they're the Flag Ship of the Federation and Star Fleet. So, Star Fleet probably had the Enterprise patrolling the neutral zone for most of the Dominion war. Let's face facts: nobody ever sends their actual flagship to war, in case in might get destroyed. In all the recent wars, which America has been involved in, their flagship also called 'Enterprise' has never been anywhere near any fighting. Hitler's flagship was sent to fight the British and they bloody sank it... which just goes to show, you should never send your flagship to battle, it will only attract a shed load of gunfire.

A DS9 movie would be good because it would tie up a lot of loose ends, as you mentioned. Voyager didn't really have many loose ends to tie up except what became of the crew after they returned home - so I reckon a Voyager movie would just involve a lot of talking. Boring. I want to see a big f*** off space battle, like the ones they had at the last few series of DS9.

But, there's probably not much point complaining... they'll probably just stick out another 'Next Generation' movie regardless of what we say or think. And it will probably suck and the critics world wide will probably rip it limb from limb.

When I saw the opening to Tarantino's new movie it started with an old Klingon proverb! This got me thinking about Klingon culture and the huge history it has, written by fans and the original writers. About a week after seeing Tarantino's new movie 'Kill Bill', I sat and thought about the idea of a movie about the Klingon Empire. It would either be really good... or really awful.

:blink:

Anyway... a DS9 movie! That's what I want! When do I want it? Now! When am I gonna get it? Probably never!

---

And on another note... how come the crew of the TNG still haven't been promoted to ridiculous high ranks? They've saved the universe god knows how many times! Kirk's crew are all Commanders, Captains and Admirals now. But Riker is still a commander, same as he was the day he stepped on the Enterprise-D. They should've made Picard an Admiral and given Riker the rank of Captain but allowed them to stay on Enterprise.

:blink:

Edited by Lt. Evans

a ice final TNG film and were picard dies a hero,s death

A Voyager would be nice! But I coubt that that would ever happen with the original crew. My next pick would have to be DS9, Than maybe TNG.

The USS ENTERPEISE is at the core of star trek, you can not have a movie with out the enterprise in it if you do you will lose the core fans :quark:

The USS ENTERPEISE is at the core of star trek, you can not have a movie with out the enterprise  in it if you do you will lose the core fans :)

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home is the most successful of the movies, and the Enterprise is only seen in the last 5 mins of the movie. So, a Trek movie without the Enterprise could easilly be successful, provided the script is good.