Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

"save Enterprise Letter Campaign"

I don't watch much TV. ENT & SG-1 are my current shows. ENT is in danger of cancellation and SG-1 will be ending next year. I'd hope to have both ENT & the new Stargate: Atlantis after SG-1 ends.

With that said, I think a letter-writing campaign will be far more effective than a single petition that can be ignorred or e-mails that can be deleted. So, who's with me? Would you like to hand write a brief or long letter to Paramount, UPN, and Mr. Rick Berman that we watch ENT and what we think of the show? I do not have adresses or anything as I just had the idea tonight. I could, however, have this organised by this weekend. Anyone interrested?

I'm not sure if this has already been explained to you, but we are planning to print the STARTREKFANS.NET petition and post it to the relevant networks. What makes the petition more reliable and difficult to be ignored by executives is the extensive steps we have gone to ensure credibility such as: including real first names and the first letter of your surname, monitoring IPs and the inclusion of e-mail addresses.

I would highly recommend that everyone who feels strongly about Enterprise to sign the petition but if you also want to write letters as well then that is completely fine as it can all help in the long run.

I have signed the online petition and have confidence that it will get to the proper people, but I also see the value of a letter-writing campaign. It's hard to ignore something that generates huge amounts of snail mail. Maybe it's just because I was around when TOS was cancelled and I remember pictures of tons of letters received by the network. It worked then, it could work now. But we have evolved technologically and we have this new medium at our disposal, so we should probably utilize that as well. So, I"m thinking, for those of us that are so inclined, it wouldn't hurt to do both. Kind of a 'multi-vector assault mode.'

For reasons I have explained privately to one of the moderators, I will not be signing the petition. But I will write a letter, CJLP!

I'm not sure if this has already been explained to you, but we are planning to print the STARTREKFANS.NET petition and post it to the relevant networks. What makes the petition more reliable and difficult to be ignored by executives is the extensive steps we have gone to ensure credibility such as: including real first names and the first letter of your surname, monitoring IPs and the inclusion of e-mail addresses.

It's still one petition though, and one petition can be ignorred where as millions of letters cannot.

I would highly recommend that everyone who feels strongly about Enterprise to sign the petition but if you also want to write letters as well then that is completely fine as it can all help in the long run.

By all means, I'm not against the petition, I just think it will be far more effective if it's backed up by millions of letters. :flowers:

This is intended to go alone with the petition. :eek:

It's still one petition though, and one petition can be ignorred where as millions of letters cannot.

From your original post it appeared that you were unsure about certain aspects of the petition, so I just wanted to add a few words so that you would not be ignorant of the process we are following with the petition. :clap:

By all means, I'm not against the petition, I just think it will be far more effective if it's backed up by millions of letters. :eek:

Exactly my point when I said that I would highly recommend everyone who feels strongly about Enterprise to sign the petition but if you also want to write letters as well then that is completely fine as it can all help in the long run. :flowers:

Generally speaking, one signature or one letter is generally acknowledged by the networks to equal the opinions of 50-100 people. your signature does indeed count.

The Official STARTREKFANS.NET Petition has a combined letter/petition function. This serves both purposes of a signature on a petition and a letter to give the viewers.

If you wish to write extra letters that's good, every little bit helps but I don't know that it would make that much of a difference if 50 people wrote letters as opposed to signing a petition/letter.

I would like to be able to send this petition to TPTB with a thousand or more signatures.

Ensign Jim Phaserman is correct, but I had heard that one signature on a petition (or one letter) represents 1000 people that didn't sign or write. I don't know how accurate that is though.

I hate to be the downbeat one here, but there was an interview with Jane Seymore a few weeks back where she talked about those fans of Doctor Quinn: Medicine Woman, who are campaigning to have that show brought back.

Seymore said they were writing to Les Moonvies, (Quinn was on CBS). She said, and I quote, 'Every time I see Les Moonvies he tells me to get these idiots off his back,' unquote.

He probably regards Star Trek Enterprise fans in the same light. :blink: Clearly the plebs who watch his channels are beneath his contempt.

But maybe it is just harder to restart a series than it is to decide to run a series a couple more years.

For Dr. Quinn, they would have to try to find some of the acotrs, who by now have gone on to other projects. Enterprise is still in production.

I think a huge letter-writing campaign ( or petition for those signing the petition), before the series is actually canned, could help.

I hate to be the downbeat one here, but there was an interview with Jane Seymore a few weeks back where she talked about those fans of Doctor Quinn: Medicine Woman, who are campaigning to have that show brought back.

Seymore said they were writing to Les Moonvies, (Quinn was on CBS).  She said, and I quote, 'Every time I see Les Moonvies he tells me to get these idiots off his back,' unquote.

He probably regards Star Trek Enterprise fans in the same light. :blink: Clearly the plebs who watch his channels are beneath his contempt.

That's the same guy who cancelled ROSWELL right after CBS merged with UPN. :blink: