Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Going To A Convention!

Next weekend I will be attending the Slanted Fedora convention in Chicago, and I have reserved seats. anyone here ever been to a convention before?

Have a blast at the convention! I've been to a convention in San Diego once but I was very young. I remember them having a vote about whether Captain Picard had more hair in season 1 or 2 (season 2 had just ended at this time) and I remember there were a lot of people dressed like Klingons. The shopping was amazing and I was begging mom for so much stuff.

Guest Ktrek

I've been to several Trek conventions but not in several years. I used to go when Trek was at it's peak in the early 90's. Conventions have gotten much smaller and less frequent these days. In the Dallas area we used to have them 3 to 4 times a year. Now we're lucky if we get one. I am planning on attending the Tulsa Expo in June and I would really like to attend the STFans one but I'm not sure about the timing and finances for us at this time.

Hope you have as great a time as I always have. It's always fun to be with other fans and meet new people.

Ktrek

Have a blast at the convention! I've been to a convention in San Diego once but I was very young. I remember them having a vote about whether Captain Picard had more hair in season 1 or 2 (season 2 had just ended at this time) and I remember there were a lot of people dressed like Klingons. The shopping was amazing and I was begging mom for so much stuff.

Who was the guest star (if you remember?) We may have been at the same one.

At the Con center we have seen William S., Leonard N., Michael D. & Patrick S.

We saw Marina S. at the Hilton by the Bay. Rene O. at Ramada Inn @ Mission Valley and Nicole N. somewhere in Mission Beach.

We also went to the biggie in LA during the break between season 3 & 4 of TNG. That was the Summer of the Borg!

Have fun Jim!

Who was the guest star (if you remember?) We may have been at the same one.

I can't remember off hand. I'll ask my sister, I'm sure she'd remember.

Star Trek conventions are a blast!!!!!!! Sorry you've never been to one.... The Slanted Fedora was cancelled in houston so I don't know about the one in Chicago....

i have been to the camp dover peace conference in dover ohio its more like one giant party for a weekend put togeather buy local startrek clubs wanted to go this year put something happened and im unable to attened

i've been to two conventions and that was last year. i attended a Slanted Fedora event and had better time there than the other one i attended put on by one of the bigger companies that does star trek conventions. one recommendation i have is bring more money than you think you'll need so you don't have to run to an atm, and bring at least two things of film or disposable cameras because you will go through them real fast if your like me.

tm :laugh:

whose planning to go to another slanted fedora event in september.

I'm planning on going to the Chicago Convention in April....made it to the Las Vagas Hilton couple weeks ago...saw my borg brothers! Other than that, went to

a convention n Little Rock, Ar about 10 years ago....they had this great Music Video Montage of Data-set to Styx's "Mr. Roboto" it was so kool..wish I could get ahold of a copy!

Well, there has never been a convention in Sweden, none that I know of at least. There is plans of having one in Stockholm and if it happens, I will be there!

I've been to several conventions here in Germany.

One was in Mannheim a few years ago. That was a rather "intimate" convention. They had Scotty (I'll never forget me and my friends on a couch joking with Scotty), Uhura, Sarek and their German "voices".

And each year there is a big convention in Bonn. For 4 years I've been going there for only Saturday. But this year I'll stay the whole week-end jjjiiipppeee!!! (Thanks Stormy for giving me a home during the week-end)

The latest announcement says that Grace Lee Whitney (Janice Rand) will be there. And Connor Trineer, Anthony Montgomery, Robert Picardo,Tim Russ + + + +

Hopefully they all will come - I hardly can't wait til May 21st.