Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "Hatchery"?

What rating would you give "Hatchery" out of 10?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Hatchery" out of 10?

OK, everyone; only 10 minutes until it starts (eastern). For some reason I have the feeling that this will a GREAT ep! Enjoy the show! P.S> I feel so good to be doing this again! :bag:

Click for Spoiler:

Pretty good. 8/10. Archer is a weiner. Sure, it's not his fault, but I still don't like him. I'm glad the crew took action.

This episode was an ok Episode. I gave it a 7. Initially I was going to give it 6.5 but changed my mind.

One thing I noticed though:

Click for Spoiler:

Porthos seems bigger this week then he was last week. I wonder if they are using the same dog each week.

I'll give it an 8.0 outta 10. It was ok, but...

Click for Spoiler:

It was just to obvious that the attack by the egg caused the mutiny -- I spent the rest of the episode -- roughly 30 minutes -- not surprised at all. It was like "ok...I know whats causing Archer's strange behaviour..." And it seemed like the crew was TOO hesitant to resist his orders. That annoyed me. I like the still existing tension between Reed/Hayes. Also liked the renewance of Trip/Archer friendship a little more. With that said...it was mildly entertaining.

Shheewww...are we there yet??? (Azati Prime)

:bag: The story was o.k., but it lacked a real good fight scene. I give it a 7.5 because for inter-squad competion ( crew 5 marines 1) GO CREW!!!!!

Click for Spoiler:

The camera adds 15 pounds to EVERYTHING even dogs

This is a great episode to pick up ethics themes and morality again.

Click for Spoiler:

I found Archer's comments about primates to be throughly interesting.

Guest Ktrek

I gave it an 8. It was predictable yet entertaining. The direction was good and so was the music which added to the tension. The moral message is much needed, i.e. that the children should not be victims of our conflicts. T'Pol seemed slightly out of character. I'm not convinced that the message of mutiny being acceptable behaviour under those circumstances. The only thing that allows for it is that the captain was under an influence he was unaware of but the motive of his concern for the Xindi children was good.

Ktrek

I gave it a 7.5. I enjoyed it, but could tell all along that

Click for Spoiler:

Archer was under alien influence, and usually I miss stuff like that. So it was predictable. I agree with the above, that good moral comments were made, that children should be left out of the conflicts of adults; and questioning if the indifference toward the plight of the eggs was in part motivated by their not being primates.

Good ol' Star Trek. Even when its merely okay, it will still raise a good question, or a challenging thought.

I gave tonight's episode "Hatchery" an 8 out of 10. An episode about ethics and morality is always a good one when the crew of the NX-01 is dealing with other species and their cultures and beliefs. Especially, when that race of aliens are trying to destroy you. :bag:

I gave it a 5.

Click for Spoiler:

from the first few moments I knew why Archer was going to go crazy I did think that the acting was very good thats why I gave it such a high number for me the one thing that I had a problem with is why did they take their helmets off in the first place yes I know that they had air in their but it is the first time they were in a ship like that they could have had some kind of sickness that would kill a human but would not affect them and at the end did you notice that tpols log said that they had already left but when trip came to see archer trip said that they have not left yet and all the outside shots of that time show that they are going at warp

I gave it a 8.5...

Click for Spoiler:

I figured the egg spewing on Archer caused his behavior right away, but I didn't think that we weren't supposed think that. It was supposed to be obvious, the focus was on the crews response not why the captain was acting the way he was, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

I like ENT, if it gets cancelled because of all the bashers...it could be the end

of new ST. I guess I just don't understand how "fans" can wish it off the air :bag:

This episode was extremely disappointing. Mutiny is a HUGE topic and not to be taken lightly. Every time Star Trek has done a mutiny episode, it was one of the best. This one was not.

The writers wasted a potentially awesome topic on this piece of... well it's a piece of something.

I could tell the basic plot of the episode from the trailer. I knew from the beginning that a) Archer was not himself, b)the Major would side with the captain and c)T'Pol would get overly emotional. AGAIN.

This episode was extremely disappointing.  Mutiny is a HUGE topic and not to be taken lightly.  Every time Star Trek has done a mutiny episode, it was one of the best.  This one was not.

The writers wasted a potentially awesome topic on this piece of... well it's a piece of something.

I could tell the basic plot of the episode from the trailer.  I knew from the beginning that a) Archer was not himself, b)the Major would side with the captain and c)T'Pol would get overly emotional.  AGAIN.

You think T'Pol was overly emotional this time? Did you see the prom for the next episode? If that turns out the way I'm thinking it will you all will hear me carping about it! :laugh:

I liked it! 9

Click for Spoiler:

Even though I too figured out Archer behaviors were going to be a result of being squirted the moment I saw it, I still have to give this one a fairly high mark for originality, I just find the idea of an alien species with the ability to turn a potential predator of it's young into a mother figure as simply amazing.

^ @ Ktrek! :laugh:

Edited by Alterego

I gave this epi an 8 because I did enjoy it. It really was one of there most pridictable epi's to date but then again aren't they all? Good point about the dog VBG. Now I'm gonna go nuts and watch for the dog more than the show itself.

I liked this episode, I gave it a 9.5, I meant to post this before I read any others but I saw a couple of comments after looking at the ratings.

Anyway my thoughts.

Click for Spoiler:

I loved how Archer got all yucky and his uniform dirty. I knew the minute that egg exploded on him that it was going to be a significant element of the plot.

I think it is good that all the senior officers had a chance to decide which side they were one rather than just a few of them.

I liked the fact that in an earlier scene Trip was defending the captain against the other officer's complaints - like a good sr. officer would. And I thought it a good choice that he was the one to shoot the captain since he was the last to admit something was wrong. I also think that showed he does have the decision making ability needed for command decisions.

TPTB actually surprised me, when Archer's door sounded in the last scene I was sure it was going to be T'Pol although I thought it should be Trip. Archer and Trip don't talk enough - although the scene wasn't spectacular in depth the part I noticed at the end was that Trip was insistent to the Captain that he should rest before returning to duty. This was the healthy, no more alien chemical, Captain and Trip was telling him what to do. He has suggested before but always deferred to the Captain. And Archer listened to him - so I thought that was a good scene.

And Travis, even though he was sitting at his console I have to say that look on his face looked pretty realistic as to how an ensign would look while more senior officers were battling over control. I liked his maneuver toppling Hayes as well.

And I think the scene with Hayes and Reed was good too, when Hayes admitted he probably would have sided with the Captain, but I think in this scene the men seemed to respect one another.

Okay now I'll read what everyone else thought. :flowers:

I gave it a 8.5...

Click for Spoiler:

I figured the egg spewing on Archer caused his behavior right away, but I didn't think that we weren't supposed think that. It was supposed to be obvious, the focus was on the crews response not why the captain was acting the way he was,  that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

Click for Spoiler:

I should have known if I got it from the beginning that it really was obvious, and meant to be obvious.....but I missed the fact that T'pol in the red was just a hallucination in the previous episode, so I thought I was doing good this time. Sigh.....

Not as much interesting, but still good. What's next week's?

Next week is the big show! Azati Prime....been waiting on this one for a while.

Then...no new episodes until April :flowers:

As someone stated earlier, it was somewhat predictable, but definitely entertaining. I liked it better than Doctor's Orders, myself.

8.5/10

Click for Spoiler:

Archer was under alien influence, and usually I miss stuff like that. So it was predictable.  I agree with the above, that good moral comments were made, that children should be left out of the conflicts of adults; and  questioning if the indifference toward the plight of the eggs was in part motivated by their not being primates.

I gave it a 6.5. I have come to expect quite a bit lately from Enterprise, and this one just didn't deliver for me.

Click for Spoiler:

I also caught on that Archer was under the influence of the Xindi eggs. But I also don't like that there was no real theme to it at all. On one hand I can see an honest point to Archer's actions, and it was all caused by Xindi-egg-juice. And I didn't get why the MACO's were so blind to Archer's irrationality, even if they're newbies to space are were just taking orders.

Sorry.

;) oh what the heck, every one else has put it on one of their posts.

The episode that re-establishes the Eugenics Wars as canon and a public event? 10 all the way :biggrin:

Edited by MichaelJCO

Sign in to follow this