Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Personalized Banners

I wouldn't mind having one, but how do I go around to getting a banner?

292597[/snapback]

There are two ways to have a personalized banner:

1. You can make it yourself. Here are the requirements for the banners. VBG has supplied a blank form (starfield background and STF name). The site name is mandatory and must be in the font provided. You can resize the STF layer if necessary (not too much though). Trek pics don't necessarily have to be included. You may have noticed quite a few banners that have a mix of Trek and other favourites of that particular member; or

2. You can have it made by someone else. There are a number of mods and members who are willing to help out, all you have to do is ask.

I wouldn't mind having one, but how do I go around to getting a banner?

292597[/snapback]

1. You can make it yourself. Here are the requirements for the banners. VBG has supplied a blank form (starfield background and STF name). The site name is mandatory and must be in the font provided. You can resize the STF layer if necessary (not too much though). Trek pics don't necessarily have to be included. You may have noticed quite a few banners that have a mix of Trek and other favourites of that particular member; or

2. You can have it made by someone else. There are a number of mods and members who are willing to help out, all you have to do is ask.

292605[/snapback]

Just a comment on "site name is mandatory and must be in the font provided." I've noticed that several banners here and there have had other fonts, usually TOS-style font. Do you mean that the font has to be a Trek font? Or does special permission have to be obtained for that?

Just a comment on "site name is mandatory and must be in the font provided." I've noticed that several banners here and there have had other fonts, usually TOS-style font. Do you mean that the font has to be a Trek font? Or does special permission have to be obtained for that?

292774[/snapback]

The words STARTREKFANS.NET must me in the font VBG has provided. Other fonts can be used in the banners as well. VBG had said before that he wishes to keep the site name looking uniform in the banners. There is more leeway for holiday banners though.

In the case of the variation of the font I used for mine and my sister's, it was the best I could do. Both times I tried getting the blank PSD, when I loaded it the logo was not there...the slate was literally blank and the image was flat. I have a Trek font that I hoped was similar enough to work. And that was what was used in the two banners...I hope that ends up being ok.

Yillara, do you have that font in a .TTF file? I would like a copy of it. I may do some playing around with it.

Yillara, do you have that font in a .TTF file? I would like a copy of it. I may do some playing around with it.

292944[/snapback]

I should have it.. I will try to send it to you, Data.

In the case of the variation of the font I used for mine and my sister's, it was the best I could do. Both times I tried getting the blank PSD, when I loaded it the logo was not there...the slate was literally blank and the image was flat. I have a Trek font that I hoped was similar enough to work. And that was what was used in the two banners...I hope that ends up being ok.

292942[/snapback]

Here is the link to VBG's post that has the PSD file I just downloaded it and it worked for me.

292942[/snapback]

Here is the link to VBG's post that has the PSD file I just downloaded it and it worked for me.

293021[/snapback]

I downloaded that PSD file the other day. It seemed to work fine for me too. Yillara could be encounting some incompatible version problems.

292942[/snapback]

293021[/snapback]

I downloaded that PSD file the other day. It seemed to work fine for me too. Yillara could be encounting some incompatible version problems.

293022[/snapback]

That might be it.. I just downloaded it again, and still a completely blank and flattened file. Though this time it is not even the correct dimensions. Thank you for the link though, Takara.

Looking great CP! Something I learned making my winter banner is that (in paint) use the magnifying glass tool to zero in on and change the color of those white parts around your portrait to match the background.

I did that... I have no idea why that white area is there and the final one will not be done until I get back to school... there is a font type I need to get for it that looks very cool.

Ok, here we go again with the changed site logo.. hopefully this works better. I ended up still not getting the PSD to load, however I was able to work some stuff out.

I deleted the attachments...so my previous posts(plus sadly another poster's post) will look a bit odd. But here they are again.

Hey Takara - dont yet get bored posting how to make a banner every time we get to a new page? wouldnt it be easier to have a special page link with instructions on it?

Just the random babblings of a nutter, but thought I'd suggest it anyway.

Cramase

There is a post in this thread somewhere that has the instructions. That is what the link I put in my post is to. As long as people keep asking, I just copy my response from a previous post with the link. We could pin another thread with just the instructions but there are so many things pinned in this forum already and we like to keep that to a minimum.

Hey People. I've Made A New One. I Included Some Shots FromMy Trip The Star Trek Experiance In Vegas. Should I Upload It To The Thread Or E-Mail It To VBG Or Someone Else?

Hey People.  I've Made A New One.  I Included Some Shots FromMy Trip The Star Trek Experiance In Vegas.  Should I Upload It To The Thread Or E-Mail It To VBG Or Someone Else?

295207[/snapback]

You can upload it to this thread and we'll make sure VBG knows it's here.

Can some one make a banner for me? thisis one i made but it is not as cool as the others

Just wondering when the last banner update was? My banner was posted back at message #263 but I havent seen it up on the rotation yet.

Thanks

Cramase

WildStar, I am a banner for you. I hope you like it.

post-1116-1107589490_thumb.jpg

Edited by Odie

Just wondering when the last banner update was? My banner was posted back at message #263 but I havent seen it up on the rotation yet.

Thanks

Cramase

300284[/snapback]

VBG is the only one who can add the banners and he'll try to get to them as soon as he can. Depending on the outcome of the Super Bowl on Sunday, he may be a little busy offsite for a touch.

Well I don't know about this one but I'm still working on it... tell me what you think.

Edited by Capt_Picard

Some questions about this:

Can I blend the startrekfans.net logo?

Can I use my own font/color for the startrekfans.net logo, or does it need to be the gold one?

Some questions about this:

Can I blend the startrekfans.net logo?

Can I use my own font/color for the startrekfans.net logo, or does it need to be the gold one?

302245[/snapback]

The answers to your questions should be found here:

1. You can make it yourself.  Here are the requirements for the banners.  VBG has supplied a blank form (starfield background and STF name). The site name is mandatory and must be in the font provided. You can resize the STF layer if necessary (not too much though). Trek pics don't necessarily have to be included. You may have noticed quite a few banners that have a mix of Trek and other favourites of that particular member; or

292605[/snapback]