Sign in to follow this  
StarfleetMarine

William Shatner's Star Trek Books

Yes, I've read them all. But it's been awhile, I want to go back and re-read all of them one of these days.

Yes, and the other one is "Captain's Peril." I'm not sure if those are continuations of the series or a new story though. I haven't read either of them yet.

Yes, and the other one is "Captain's Peril."  I'm not sure if those are continuations of the series or a new story though.  I haven't read either of them yet.

Oh, yes. It does follow the story of his books.

Yes, I have read the first three, I have Spectre as well, but will have to go back and re-read the others cause it's been so long since I read them. I found them quite good, Kirk kind of becomes the energizer Kirk, keeps going and going and going. But the stories are very interesting involving many branches of the Trek Universe, including the Borg. They also seemed like quick reads because so much goes on in them. Try'em, you may like'em.

Cheers.

I've read 3 or 4 of them, and they weren't all that bad (except for...

Click for Spoiler:

Kirk being brought back to life by the Borg :idea: .

). It's been a VERY long time since I read them, so I don't remember much about them now, including their titles. Does someone want to post a little plot snippet from each one so I can sort it out? If not, that's fine. :laugh:

Umm.

1) Ashes of Eden-Days or weeks before Star Trek: Generations. Kirk and his crew stop a plot of a person named Drake from doing something. I don't really remember. Kirk meets Teilani on Chal and stuff like that.

2)The Return-Borg find Kirk. Kirk is resurrected. He's a pawn for the Borg/Romulans. Teilani returns, Kirk goes back to Chal there's a big catastrophe on Chal.

3)The Avengers-Vulcan symmetrists danger the galaxy. Kirk and Spock save the day

4)Spectre-Tiberius from the Mirror Universe and other characters like that infiltrate the galaxy and Kirk is kidnapped by a mirror janeway and a mirror spock

5)Dark Victory-More of Tiberius and the evil Mirror Universe

6)Preserver-More talk about the mysterious and mystical Preservers. Tiberius makes an temporary alliance with Kirk to find a secret base of the First Federation. Teilani gives birth to Joseph, a 1/2 human, 1/4 Klingon, 1/4 Romulan. (Teilani dies in Dark Victory i think) Kirk saves the day.

That's the shortest synopsis i've ever given for books. :) :bag:

Stardate:214161.1

I have read all of those books.Very good.I like the whole premise of Kirk not being able to die because his destiny is too as he says in Star Trek 5 "to die alone" and each time he gets "killed"he is never alone.Although the incident when he is on the borg homeworld with Picard and he gets shocked by that machine and is brought back to life by the borg(if im not mistaken its hugh that does it) is a little far fetched but it makes for good reading.I especially liked the mirror universe books.Tiberius is cool.Cant wait for the next one to come out this year.

I grew up being a fan more of Kirk, but I don't like the idea of having been killed twice. Then being resurrected by the Borg. Shatner's certainly being a little selfish. But I love what he comes up with.

I really don't like William Shatner's books, for some reason I don't like his style of writting I'm not sure why, maybe it's because he killed off Spock in one of his books...

:garak::wow:

I have read all of those,and I thought they were all great books. I am currently reading Captain's Blood. It seems to be a good book so far. :)

Guest Ktrek

Anybody that reads and collects Star Trek books knows that the Shatner books are his own universe. In fact we call them the "Shatnerverse" novels. He can pretty much do whatever he wants in his books because it does not affect the other Star Trek book series out there.

Also, he provides much of the "creative" input in his books but they are actually written, in the strictest sense, by the Reeves-Stevens's. They do the fleshing out of the novels.

As for opinion on his books I happen to like them and have found them well paced and fun. I just take them for what they are.

Ktrek

Wow. COOL opinion. I actually like them because I'm a bigger fan of Kirk than Picard (have I said that already?) I still need to read Captain's Peril and Captain's Blood.

I can't help to remember there was a certain actor who said to some Star Trek fans to "get a life". :picard-sith: