Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

Why is he/she your favorite character?

Everyone has said who their favorite character is, but I'm curious why you love them. And you can't just say cause he's cute. :laugh: What about them do you find so appealing?

For Riker I think people tend to just look at how many women he's had and not much else. I like him cause he reminds me a lot of myself. A big thing is we both love jazz and poker (the difference is I stink at it :) ). He's always a good friend to everyone. You know that he would never stab you in the back. I loved the episode where he fell in love with Soren! It showed that he's not the shallow womanizer some make him out to be. He fell in love with her for her, not cause she was drop dead gorgeous or anything. And he was willing to risk his career to help her. I think he has so much more character then people give him credit for.

So what is it about your favorite that makes him or her rock?

217021.jpg

Hmm lets see, I've liked Bev since I could talk.. When I was little and my dad would ask me "Who's your favorite person?" I would say "The red haired lady.." I could never remember her name.. :laugh: I really like her strong will and determination to her job of helping people.. And the one time she was actually left in charge of the Enterprise she out smarted the Borg..... :) Ok I could go on for a while but I will spare you the pain.. :bow:

all hail Bev!! :)

My favorite is Picard. I am a big TOS fan, and really enjoyed watching Kirk and then when TNG came along, Picard was so different, it was hard to accept him for awhile. But his command style really grew on me. I think what I like most about him is his wisdom and self-confidence. He is wise enough to know that he must rely on others for opinions and facts and I like to watch the process he goes through of gathering information and then making a decision. That decision is sometimes based on the opinions of his officers, but sometimes he follows his own instincts. Once he makes that decision, he follows through without looking back, without questioning his own decision.

My favourite is Data - surprise surprise. Now the hard part, to explain why and not make this post so long that it puts people to sleep. :)

Data's innocence, wonder, curiousity and unbiasness are so appealing. He's intelligent and attentive. Physically, Data is so sexy - the walk, the voice, etc., etc. Brent Spiner's portrayal of Data was so powerful that we would feel Data's emotions for him and in some way project parts of ourselves on to Data. The fact that Data is fully functional - BONUS!!! :laugh:

I guess this is the place to explain why I am a shinzonfan. O.K. here it goes. First I want to say that although he is easy on the eyes, :laugh: it is not because of his looks. It is because I can relate to him more than any of the other characters. I had a terrible life growing up and still to this day I am suffering because of it. I can’t help but think if I didn’t have such s*#theads for parents, things could be so different for me now. Not that I do not have control over my own life now, but so much has been lost and I have been forever altered by it.

Shinzon is the same way. He had all the potential Picard had but it was what happened to him in his life that made him the way he is. Although he liberated the Remans he was still a slave to his emotions. I, like him, still hold on to a lot of anger and resentment. Star Trek was an escape from reality for me. That is why it means so much to me still. I would have liked to have seen Shinzon overcome his animosity and realize he had a chance to make a new life for himself.

Sorry to be so depressing, but that is why I like Shinzon.

shinzonfan :)

Awesome answers! :)

I love Bev too! You could feel how much she really cared for everyone. It wasn't just a job for her. Crusherxsmilie.gif

I have never said Data was my favourite just bevcause he was cute (then i would have said he was the cutest, but my favourite might be...Geordi? Barclay? Ro? I dunno, cont deside!)

Aside from the added bonus that has been stated already (:)) and from what takara said, I'm sure I posted this on another board, and I hate re-typing (I'm sooo lazy), if I find it, I'll edit this opst and copy and paste :laugh:

I hate re-typing (I'm sooo lazy), if I find it, I'll edit this opst and copy and paste :bow:

:) :) :laugh:

Data, could you guess?

The big reason i like him...if you get right down to it, i think he would be the perfect man. Now add the chip and that would mix it up a bit. I would love to see his temper...that would be interesting.

I write fan fiction as i'm sure everyone is tired of hearing about and the attraction there is finding a way to have Data fall in love. Seeing anyone head over heels in love would be great, but can you imagine Data?

tall, IQ of millions...Sexy, funny, loyal and not adverse to showing his "feminine side". The perfect man. ANd you could take him shopping and not need a shopping list!

I would love to see data fall in love!

So, would I...In love with me, that is!!

OK, so now that made it obvious who I like! And no, him being gorgeous isn't the only reason. He is essentially the perfect man, the perfect best friend, the perfect one to fall in love with. He is gentle, strong, kind, loving(even if he doesn't quite understand that), compassionate, highly intellegent, patient, artistic, incredibly sexy, soft-spoken, a great listener, protective...who could ask for anything more??? He is the one person on TNG that I really could relate to...he is the eternal outsider, not quite belonging to a particular group.

ok, ok, thanks to the unicornhunter i see this is a TNG page, but i feel i still must answer this question. lol. anyway i like most of the characters on DS9 alot, but i think im gonna have to say CISCO, hes a strong leader, but not so refined like picard, hes more rough around the edges, and bold. he hated being somekind of religious figure, and consequences be danged, he did what he thought was right, and along with all of this he was one heck of a dad. plus i liked him as HAWK, on SPENCER FOR HIRE. anyone remember that? well sorry if i upset anyone by putting a DS9 character and not a TNG. but i honestly cant think of a TNG character that stands out in my mind that i liked so much more than any other one.