Sign in to follow this  
Capt.Vash

Mirror, mirror

I would have loved to see any, and I mean any voyager correspondence to the mirror universe first introduced by captain kirk a la "mirror mirror"

my episode idea is as follows:

the voyager crew is scanning an anomaoulus (cannot spell) region of space when they notice an ion trail that shouldn't be there because it belongs to voyager or so they think... (end teaser)

during the episode they discover that the ion trail is actually in the mirror universe but do to the strange space they are it appears in both universes seven could explain this with random interjectons from janeway you know...

seven: i believe the ion trail is emanating from an alternate universe mentioned

janeway: of course the mirror universe discovered by kirk!

then voyager come under attack from the mirror voyager that wants thier dilithium...

battle and choas ensue

ps: the mirror voyager would be named decimator.... and a vicious chakotay would be captain having killed janeway!

whatta ya think people? i really look forward to commentary

Edited by Capt.Vash

i refuse to accept that as an excuse from the writers at very least there should be a book on it... EVERY SERIES CEPT VOYAGER AND ENT GOT To SEE THE MIRROR UNIVERSE

TOS visited one mirror universe, TNG had a multi-universe episode, and DS9 visited a different mirror universe. Instead of doing a "mirror universe" episode, VOY had multiple "alternate timeline" episodes which I enjoy more. I don't think the writers need an excuse as really the mirror-universe originated on TOS, but was mostly a DS9-theme.

i have so far read 2 books:

Dark mirror and The Preservers

both involve the mirror universe as described in mirror mirror (TOS) and that is the only mirror universe i liked and i wish that there could have been at least one episode!!!

but any way tlhis isnt't about whether there should be one or not I am asking what you think of my episode idea?

TOS visited one mirror universe, TNG had a multi-universe episode, and DS9 visited a different mirror universe.

TOS and DS9 used the same mirror universe. :bow:

In the mirror universe Voyager almost certainly doesn't exist and certainly wouldn't be in the Delta Quadrant. (No Stafleet, no Marquis) Do you mean you would have liked to see mirror variants of the VOY characters appear or you would have liked a constant alternate timeline that the writers visited once a year, a bit like DS9?

I would have loved mirror variants of voy crew

and there is a "starfleet" its just called "the terran empire"

and there would still be a maqui-style group that voyager (decimator) got stranded with...

TOS visited one mirror universe, TNG had a multi-universe episode, and DS9 visited a different mirror universe.

TOS and DS9 used the same mirror universe. :bow:

Hmm... In TOS we see that the mirror universe is very different from ours and entirely different by the time of DS9, so how would Sisko and friends come to be if history unfolds entirely differently in the mirror universe? That's why I think DS9 visited a "similar" mirror universe, but not the exact same one. ;)

It IS the same universe... Rewatch Crossover, there is no doubt that its the same mirror universe. To answer your question, the mirror Sisko, if my memory is correct, is a kind of pirate working for the Intendant. Jenifer is still alive, in Crossover anyway, Miles works in the ore porcessing plants, Garak is second in command of the station and Odo is basicaly like he was when the Cardassians were in charge, except meaner. And Quark runs a bar, obviously.

In Crossover they mention a dozen times their encounter with 'our' Spock because of a transporter accident etc. wha toccured in Mirror Mirror actualy caused all the differences by the time of DS9. Spock tells everyone to be less martial and more loving, everyone agree's, next thing the Cardassians and the Klingons make an alliance and overthrow the Federation and enslave the humans.

And StarFleet is not like the Terran Empire! Now, I've only seen up to Season 5 but even if there is a mirror StarFleet by season 7, that is still way after Voyager got stranded. Plus the fact why and how would the Mirror universe construct a replica Voyager, the only got the Defiant because they stole all the computer data.

There is no Marquis because all the humans are either slaves or in the resistance. Even if this changes the Marquis will not exist in the Mirror universe because the Marquis only came about because of a treaty the Feds signed with the Cardies in our universe. That doesn't happen in the mirror one.

I hope this makes a lick of sense...

i said maqai-style not them in true form and they wouldn't build "voyager" the intrepid class ship the would build "destructor" a hunt and destroy ship built to hunt down the maqui-STYLE rebels

and I LUV thingers

So they would build a completely different ship with a completely different crew, in the alpha quadrant... *scratches head* How would this show be special in any way then, it would just be like another alternate time line story... And how would this 'Mirror' realisticly arrive in the delta quadrant. For that matter, how would Voyager arrive in the Mirror universe or vice versa. The only ways, up to season 5, are to create an exact accident in the Wormhole or the Mirror side modify transporters. The story wouldn't make sense...

And why would their be a Marqui-STYLE rebels? The terrans are either slaves or united in one cause, they ARE the rebels.

I suppose you could use one of the Klingon-Cardassian ships, except they don't have access to the transporter technology, they would still be in the alpha quadrant etc. Again, this idea of story would never have worked.

so mabe the ship is in the delta quadrant for another reason mabe they were testing a slipstream drive and it left them there! I don't care... and the ship would be the same just a new name *doesn't scratch head* besides it doesn't matter how its possible it just would make an awsome episode I luv the mirror universe!

I liked the Mirror Universe but I don't see how it really could have been "assimilated" into the Voyager epsiodes. The closest the producers came to introducing the mirror universe theme was in a season 2 episode titled "Deadlock" one of my favorites, actually. If you'd like to know more about this episode, check out the spoiler. :)

Click for Spoiler:

Synopsis:

As Voyager enters a plasma cloud to evade approaching Vidiian ships, Ensign Wildman goes into labor and delivers a baby girl. But as the crew emerges from the cloud, a series of astounding events occur: the warp engines stall, the antimatter supplies drain, and proton bursts cause a hull breach. What's more, Kim is sucked out into space, Kes vanishes in a mysterious void, and Wildman's baby dies.

As the hull breach widens, the ship is forced to run on emergency power. Another proton burst hits and Chakotay orders everyone off the bridge. To her surprise, Janeway sees herself walk across the bridge, which she assumes is a spatial fluctuation caused by their passage through the plasma cloud. Janeway visits Wildman in Sickbay and admires her newborn baby, who appears to be fine. The crew also beams aboard an unconscious patient who's identical to Kes.

This Kes "double" reports the same series of astounding occurrences, which leads Janeway to speculate that there's another Voyager nearby. Apparently, a divergence field has caused all sensor readings to double and every particle on the ship to duplicate. Unfortunately, there isn't enough antimatter to sustain both vessels. Janeway alerts the other Voyager crew, led by a duplicate Janeway. After a merger of the ships fails, Janeway decides to go over to the other ship through the void Kes disappeared into.

The two Janeways meet and strategize their options. The captain of the more heavily damaged Voyager proposes to self-destruct her ship and crew to save the other Voyager. With the Vidiians closing in, the two captains know they must act quickly or both ships and crews will be destroyed. Meanwhile, the Vidiians board one of the Voyagers.

Desperate to steal healthy organs to help battle a plague known as the Phage, the Vidiians begin attacking crewmembers. One of the Janeway captains decides to act. She sets her ship on self-destruct and orders the duplicate Kim to take Wildman's baby through the void. The Vidiians are destroyed when the duplicate Voyager explodes, while Kim, the baby and the other Voyager crew are saved.

:bag:

Jaina

naw the other voyager wasn't evil and thnx but i have seen almost every episode... I am voyager fan it's the reason I started liking trek and the only reason I still do! :flowers:

Once DS9 started having a Mirror Universe episode every season the concept became crap. It ended up becoming an "opposite universe" with nice, altruistic Ferengi, etc. What made the Mirror Universe work in TOS was that the characters more or less had the same personalities as in our universe, just in a different situation and acting on different incentives.

It was hard enough to explain how all the key players from DS9 ended up in the same area of space as their "normal" universe counterparts. All the key Voyager characters in the same area a whole quadrant away wouldn't be believeable at all.

The closest we ever get to seeing an evil version of Voyager is the episode Living Witness http://stvoy.epguides.info/?ID=526

I watched this episode last Saturday night/Sunday morning, it was on a re-run and thought about a possible Mirror Universe episode of Voyager.

Chronologically in the Star Trek time line, we first see the Mirror Universe in Enterprise. Instead of having Star Fleet they have the Terran Empire and similar technology. It seems timelines converge from the point of First Contact. The good Trek universe we know and love flowing from a peaceful first encounter with la Vulcananians and the alternate nasty Mirror Universe stemming from a riotous first encounter with the Vulcan resulting in bloodshed at Zefram Chochrane's hands.

During TOS the Mirror Universe Terran Empire continued to develop technology at the same rate as the Federation/Star Fleet resulting in two similar Enterprises in "Mirror Mirror". It seems that Mirror Spock then led some revolt in the time period thereafter which led to the Terran Enterprise losing its power and technological development whilst the Federation in the normal universe continued to flourish. By the time we get to DS9, Star Fleet has still got developed Star Ships but the Terran Empire has all but gone leaving a few Humans eeking out a living and subserviant to other races like the Bajorans, Cardassians and Klingons. An alternate Miles O'Brien (Smiley) crosses over into the normal universe that we know and steals plans for Star Fleet's Defiant which is then built in the Mirror Universe. Therefore, since the development of Star Ships petered out in the Mirror Universe shortly after TOS's Mirror Mirror, it is unlikely there ever would have been a Mirror Voyager. Remember, Mirror Tuvok turns up in one of the DS9 Mirror episodes.

They way i see it, for there to have been a Mirror Voyager, i would have proposed this scenario:

Mirror Janeway is friends with Mirror Tuvok who tells her about the Prime Universe, of which he has knowledge from Smiley etc, of which we know and the technology therein. Somehow they steal plans for other Federation Star Fleet vessels in a bid to rebuild the Terran Empire and one of the ships they build is a copy of Voyager. They test it out in the bad lands along with Mirror versions of Voyager's crew 9who all happen to be linked to Janeway in some way as part of the cosmic grand plan or whatever you want to call it) and the Caretaker pulls the ship towards to Delta Quadrant. I think that Mirror Voyager would have followed the same path and style as the Equinox and it is only fair to assume would have met a similar fate. Nothing good ever comes of a bad egg...

Oh yes, and Mirror Janeway, Mirror B'lanna and Mirror Seven would have all been ... well, like the Mirror Intendant and Mirror Ezri Dax and Mirror Leta the Dabbo girl ... you know what i am hinting at. I'm sure Kate Mulgrew would have pulled that off well. In a Patty from the Simpsons sort of way ... lol

Edited by prometheus

Oh yes, and Mirror Janeway, Mirror B'lanna and Mirror Seven would have all been ... well, like the Mirror Intendant and Mirror Ezri Dax and Mirror Leta the Dabbo girl ... you know what i am hinting at. I'm sure Kate Mulgrew would have pulled that off well. In a Patty from the Simpsons sort of way ... lol

Promiscuous bisexuals? I guess it isn't an evil universe after all.

There was in fact a MU story involving Chakotay, Tuvok, Kes, and Neelix, all good people here, as the Tuvok of MU was in DS9's mirror eps, as well as Mirror Torres, who works with the Alliance, and is part of plan to somehow replicate or etc Kes' abilities for their own nefarious intent, having captured her. Chakotay and co go and rescue her. Beyond this, I don't know much else, but that was part of a series of MU shorts, or etc that came out about a year or so ago. As a big Kes/Voyager fan, I was intriuged, but, I've never bought it, or the others.