Sign in to follow this  
gdog243

What kind of Trek fan Are You?

What kind of Trek fan are you  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of Trek fan are you

• Closet Trekker
    • Open Trekker

Are you one of those folks who feels comfortable shareing the fact you like trek among your friends despite the stareotype, or are you one of those who likes to keep it to yourself because you feel kind of embarrassed if others find out you like trek?

Yesterday, I was told at school that I was a very independent person, and then when I came home, I read a great article about the authors confessions of being a closet trekkie. I started to wonder if my indepency was due to my liking of Star Trek because I was afraid people would make fun of me if I even mentioned it. The worst thing about it is I feel more comfortable being independent than being dependent and that isn't good. I do love to socialize and have a ton of friends, but I do feel more independent. I probably will never fathom why we are so stareotyped as fans of a TV show, when we are normal people who like to ski/snowboard, play sports, or read, or whatever.

Everybody knows and I don't care if they do...my DVD's are displayed on a shelf in full view and always will be. ;)

Edited by v_seven

I'm an open Trekkie. I had the Nemesis screensaver on my computer at work. The guys in our tech department are problably getting a laugh out of my Trek passwords (example: makeitso). My favourite shirts are Trek shirts and I wear them often.

Years ago I didn't mention that I'm a Trek fan - due to obvious reasons. But age has it's privileges. For the last 2 year I tell everyone when it comes to hobbies that I'm a Trek fan. And I do not care what they think about me. I claim the same right for me as every sports or whatever fan to enjoy my hobby.

I am definately an Open Trekker..I tell everybody that I am a Trek fan..It is something to be proud of..I see being a Trek fan no different than any kind of Sports or other hobby fan..

I'm Open About It.

Bye Now, The People At FYE Are Probably Used To Me Coming In And Checking To See If The Season Sets Are Still There, lol....Then Eventually Buying 1 When I Can.

Anyways, I Don't Hide It. That Would Be Wrong. It Could Mean You Aren't A Big A Fan As You'd Like To Think.

Definitely an "Open Trekker". I mean, I'm wearing a jacket with a "Starfleet Command" - patch. That says all. :)

And my friends know I like Star Trek because they like it, too (at least most of them do ;) ).

Mrs. Captain Picard

I've had people tell me to "Get a life" when they find out I'm a ST fan,

I just tell them I have a great life and ST is part of it. :wow:

I've actually never gotten a negative reaction to the fact that I'm a trekkie!! And it is open, and always has been... why hide something?

I am the kind of fan that will aregue and fight for when she thinks Trek has gone downhill.I will watch old episodes .Sim when i feel like it and talk trek when i feel like it.

But i am not the type of fan to stalk a star or even dress up as my favorite character.(ok ok onlt at convensions)

I've got no problems letting people know I'm a Trek fan as most of my friends and family either love it as well or have the decency to respect my interests.

My coworkers respect the fact that I like Star Trek. I even joke with some of them about how one of the doctors looks and acts like Voyager's EMH.

Not so open about it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not embarrased by Trek in the least. I just don't volunteer the information. If someone asks me if I like Trek, I happily say yes and tell them they don't know what they're missing. I am open about it with those I feel most comfortable with (I've even converted a few :idea: ), but as I'm one of those exasperating college students, I don't think I'd wear a Trek shirt around campus - just not my style. Make sense?

I love trek and a lot of people know it. I work at a raido station call myself scotty on the air and whenever I talk I have sfx of the enterprise bridge as background. :idea:

I don't know, what do you all think? Think I'm open or closet? LOL

Now I know Amy will vote Closet Trekkie. She doesn't like to admit her Trekness, in fact the more she denies it the more sure you are she is addicted.

Hard to say, I guess closet. My friends kind of know and so do my family and a girlfriend bought me a TNG style uniform, but not to wear outside. It also didn't have pants - just the top. Hmmm, maybe this post should end here. But, I'll continue anyway. My uniform top is well in the back of my closet along with DVDs I wish I hadn't bought and a phone that's not plugged in. I'm not embarrassed about Trek or anything, there are just other more interesting things to talk about when I meet people. I don't go out of my way to hide it, but it doesn't define who I am.

I'm afraid I am a bit of a closet tekker... I say a bit... because I'm in the university library at the moment, and anyone can see me typing away on this site. But, I don't tell people I'm in to Star Trek, I don't have any Star Trek pictures in my dorm room and I only have one Star Trek video game and that's the highly successful: "Star trek: Elite Force."

I like writing, and I'm in the middle of writing a trek novel... if that got published I'd come out of the trek closet. I became a fan because my dad was a fan and it was something to do when we hung out... what we never did and I'd really like to do with him... is go to a Star Trek convention, down in London.

I dont go in the closet i am not that type of guy..lol

So i guess i am a open trekker :roflmao:

Guest Ktrek

I learned years ago to not be ashamed of who I am. I'm not ashamed that I'm a Christian by choice nor am I afraid to admit to anyone my interest in Star Trek and it's fandom. Sometimes the two major interests are juxtaposed to each other because Star Trek is blatantly humanistic in "principle" and "philosophy". Humansim has also been defined as a "religion". Christianity of course does not promote man in the flesh and his accomplishments but death to the old man so that life can come forth from the new creation. The old creation with all of it's wisdom, intelligence, knowledge et. al. is passing and will come to an abrubt end in judgement. So, consequently I do not take Star Trek very seriously and leave it in the realm of fantasy but do think it is a fun "hobby". These of course are my opinions and mine alone! :roflmao:

Ktrek

I am an out and out OPEN fan of Star Trek be it my collection of Trading cards which is 1000+ or the DVD collections of TOS/TNG/DS9 - everyone that visits my house knows a trek fan lives there - pictures of Trek etc.

I am well known at work for discussing the last episode of Enterprise I watched as well as wondering in general whats happening to Trek

:unsure: I am an open trekker, and proud of it. As far as this house goes I control the remote. This Cat rules over TV channels and what is waatched in this spaceship. :wow:

i'm an open trekkie and my friends know it and respect me. my nickname and dj name for the school radio station is trekkie. it's how people recognize me. i wear my star trek shirt to school at least once a week. i don't care what people think. i don't care if they hate star trek, i respect their opinions and they respect mine. i enjoy talking and sharing my love of star trek. some people are amazed by what i tell them.

i am so open about being a trekkie i am proud of the fact that i made the front page of a local newspaper for standing two hours in the rain to see william shatner do a charity boat ride.

i actually had to get cable in my room just so no one else in my family had to watch trek even though they do enjoy it once in a while but not as much as me. people should not call a person names because of their love of star trek.

tm :andorian: