Sign in to follow this  
borgdrone222

Best Part I Part II episode (TNG)

What is the best Part I Part II (TNG)  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best Part I Part II (TNG)

• Encounter at Farpoint
    • Best of Both Worlds
    • Redemption
    • Times Arrow
    • Descent
    • All Good Things
    • Gambit
    • Unification
    • Birthright

I agree. The Best Of Both Worlds is the best two-part episode. It's probably the best TNG episode, too. ;)

Mrs. Captain Picard

There are some other good ones, but just out of the season finales/premieres, I'll rate 'em:

1) Best of Both Worlds -best Trek 2-parter, ever.

2) Redemption -one of the most interesting eps. Probably in my top 5 Trek episodes of all time.

3) All Good Things -fun to watch, and well written. Just watched it the other night.

4) Times Arrow -not great, but not awful.

5) Encounter at Farpoint -good for the nostalgia of early TNG.

6) Descent -badly written with subpar acting, imho. TPTB could've done alot better with a Borg ep. ;)

I enjoy them all but in the end I voted for BOBW. I love Time's Arrow and Descent (any episode with Lore is great LOL).

Borgdrone, I hope you don't mind but I added three more choices to the poll.

Now that Takara has added the other three, Unification rates for me just behind BoBW and Redemption. It was a great episode, and Spock was in it. How good is that! ;)

I find Best of Both Worlds overrated somewhat so my favorite was "Redemption." It was great to get a political story and an end to the Worf arc with a cliffhanger. Also, it was great to see Sela for the first time and think it was Tasha Yar turned romulan.

I almost clicked "Time's Arrow" because it is so great but I chose "Best of Both Worlds". Decent is very good too.

I don't know about you guys, but most of the Klingon centered Episodes bore me :huh:

I went with Birthright. It is a combined DS9/TNG episode and features Worf nicely. It also guest stars James Cromwell.

It was a close call with Redemption and Gambit though.

Best Part I-II

--------------

UNIFICATION in that with the Character of Spock it bridged the II series together ("in a very sentimental way trying to unify the Romulans with the Vulcans")and to see what happened to him since the ST:VI TUC!

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

and "ENCOUNTER AT FARPOINT"and "BOBW"

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

Unification. Being a TOS fan before I was anything else, having Spock back was terrific...the wink to ''cowboy diplomacy'' alongside a certain captain...Gene may have ben reluctant to connect the two by bringing in TOS characters, at least at some point he was, other than Bones in EAF...but I loved the concept, as I did connecting TOS into Enterprise in S. 3. Re the pilot, I would have to toss that one in, for that wondeful scene with McCoy and Data, among other things....seeing 1701-D as Jean-luc dictates his personal log, the camera panning up and over that huge saucer section....I remember being so glad, back in '87, that a new st was here. And, though my faves changed, and grew, I watched, with the very few of exceptions, every ep of TNG-as I look forward to again, if , as I heard, it's coming back to syndication. The finale' had its elements, like, among others, having Denise Crosby back playing Tasha, which was wonderful. I amnot shocked that BOBW would be the standout. I remember thinking how it stunk, that I had to wait THREE LOUSY MONTHS to find out how Will was going to beat the Borg, and rescue his beloved captain from them. I was right there, when we found out what happened, after he said, in passionate determination, ''FIRE''...I'd follow him into a whole nest of Borg-well, with a few hundred starships behind us.....