Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Evans

Which carrier should I use for my fan-fiction?

Which carrier should I use for my fan-fiction?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which carrier should I use for my fan-fiction?

• U.S.S Legion
    • U.S.S Warrior
    • U.S.S Hornet
    • U.S.S Atlantis
    • U.S.S Shelley
    • U.S.S Necromancer
    • U.S.S Wellington

Out of these schematics which should I use for my Star Fleet carrier in a story I want to write about a Star Fleet fighter pilot who flies a Valkyrie class fighter. Take your time... your opinion is important to me! :lol:

U.S.S Legion

Click For Spoiler
aircarrier_legion.jpg

U.S.S Warrior

Click For Spoiler
attackcarrier_warrior.jpg

U.S.S Hornet

Click For Spoiler
carrier_hornet.jpg

U.S.S Atlantis

Click For Spoiler
supercarrier_atlantis.jpg

U.S.S Shelley

Click For Spoiler
thrudeckcarrier_shelley.jpg

U.S.S Necromancer

Click For Spoiler
thrudeckcarrier_necromancer.jpg

U.S.S Wellington

Click For Spoiler
thrudeckcarrier_wellington.jpg

(spoiler boxes add to keep board from warping)

I gotta tell you I'm not all that big on this kind of thing (others here are though and would be better suited to offer advice) but I'll take a stab at it.

Is the Valkyrie class fighter intended to be a support vessel of the chosen ship? What does the fighter look like or does that not matter?

I'm withholding my vote for now but I can tell you I'm leaning towards one of the latter two.

I voted simply on a name. I say USS Hornet. it's a good name for a Carrier. Carriers named Hornet have proven themselves time and again in battle.

I've always been a fan of the Curry class (Shelley), but I've never seen that Necromancer til now. I love Nebbies, and that's a nice looking imitation (though I'd change the name :lol: ). I've got a great image of the Curry somewhere; lemme go find it.

Found one, but I don't think it's the one I was looking for.

Click for Spoiler:

CurryType05.jpg

I'm a big fan of the Curry Class ships. Maybe you could have a refitted Curry ship as the info I got from a website says that those ships only have 10 IX phaser strips and 2 photon launchers. However I don't know how canon these stats are.

Here be Curries...

My main fanfic ship is kinda the like the next step in the curry evolution. (The Lydia) Think the Ambassador and the Galaxy... Now all I need is some good design software to make it 3D...

Necromancer, nice name. :blink: I'm guessing that it's a Diablo tribute?

Since I haven't been able to get online all weekend I've started my fan-fic withotu consulting you guys - sorry!

Don't worry though, I went with the 'Curry class' - U.S.S Shelley but I've made mention of the U.S.S Necromancer in the story, simply because it's my second favourite. Also, I've got a converted Miranda class vessel serving as a carrier, with a type XIII warp engine upgrade, type thirteen warp engine mean that although it's an old ship it can still out run some Galaxy class federation vessels.

Alterego, here is a picture of a Valkyrie class Star fleet fighter, as requested:

fighter_valkyrie.jpg

So now you can make your vote, it won't change my decision but I would be interested to hear what you think. In closing special thanks to the creator of http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/ for all the wonderful pictures official and unofficial!

Alterego, here is a picture of a Valkyrie class Star fleet fighter, as requested:

fighter_valkyrie.jpg

So now you can make your vote, it won't change my decision but I would be interested to hear what you think. In closing special thanks to the creator of http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/ for all the wonderful pictures official and unofficial!

That looks like that Raptor design from the new Battlestar Galactica.

U.S.S Shelley

That starship looks like you could add futuristic stuff of your own ideas to it. I don't know it is just a suggestion, if you where writing about the ship...

:tomcat:

The story is in the fan-fiction forum. It's partially about the ship and partially about the fighter pilot's missions but mostly about the characters and the future of the Star Trek universe.

:dude:

Edited by Lt. Evans