Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Delta Flyer

I watched "Extreme Risk" last night for the first time in a while and noticed that Tom added some Cpt. Proton type controls to the Delta Flyer. I don't recall seeing those controls other then in this episode though. Do they keep them or was it just a gag for one episode?

When i first saw the episode i liked the idea i especially thought the DF was a great looking ship, and yea they did keep that in sorry though someone already answered but i felt like adding my two cents

the Delta Flyer is awesome.. the Joystick and buttons are cool..  :lol: its very uh... unfuturelitic  :)

Well, I think it's more a matter of preferrence. In the 22nd & 23rd centuries, Starfleet goes for buttons, knobs, and touch screens. Then in the 24th century, Starfleet switches over to the LCARS computer menus. As for why they don't use joysticks, who knows.

Tom said when when the shuttle was being built that he preferred the manual controls from his Captain Proton story be cause it was easier to feel wat the ship was doing.