Sign in to follow this  
deagletime

How would u rate "Doctors Orders"?

How would u rate "Doctors Orders"?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How would u rate "Doctors Orders"?

Ok so i just finished watching doctors orders tonight and i give it a 6...

Click for Spoiler:

not that great ...it didnt give any new insights in the xindi plot and more importantly it was a recycle of the voyager episode "night" where seven is on her own on a ship and becomes delusional.. the only amusing turn was that this weeks "money shot" or nakedness shot was of phlox...not the most pleasant visual

the ending though was as clear as glass...i mean i saw the fact that the doctor was delusional and that t'pol was a figment of his imagination a mile away

one question though... if it takes one hour to travel the expanse at warp four and 4 days at full impulse ..it sounds to me like the numbers might be off...i mean warp one is the speed of light and warp four is some exponential function of it...while full impulse is sublight..fast, but not the speed of light..just didnt make sense to me is all

well i suppose its the calm before the storm.. hopefully the xindi plot will pick up next week as its getting close the season finale

-dt-

and Captain Bolivar usually does it....

but i will vote when i see it on Saturday...

I'll give it a 7, it won't be an all time favorite of mine but I enjoyed it never the less.

Click for Spoiler:

I did have to laugh at Phlox walking around the ship naked though!

I too thought this episode was very reminiscent of the Voyager episode "One". So this wasn't the most original of episodes, and the ending was clear to me about 15 or 20 minutes into the show but I still enjoyed it.

I Haven't Even Seen It, But I've Seen The Ads. Good Lord...They're Ripping Off Themselves, lol

And Yes, The Voyager Episode Was Called "One".

"Night" Was The Season 5 Premire About The Void.

I would have to agree with Sam..Its another plot rip-off(Episode entitled "one"from Voyager).Take the least favorite character and put him/her in a situation that makes you like him..I liked it better when 7of 9 was in control of the helm..THough I would have liked to see Porthos in charge for once

I would have to agree with Sam..Its another plot rip-off(Episode entitled "one"from Voyager).Take the least favorite character and put him/her in a situation that makes you like him..I liked it better when 7of 9 was in control of the helm..THough I would have liked to see Porthos in charge for once

I don't think the Doctor is the least favorite, unless Hoshi has grown in popularity. My feeling is that Phlox is pretty popular, at least when not discussing the main 3 or 4 (Archer, T'Pol, Trip and Reed).

So do you guys download it early or what?

I'll try to watch tonight, but ever since I saw the promo last Wed., I knew it would be a total ripoff of VOY's "One". However, I like the doc, so I'll see how well he can pull off this copy. :)

I haven't seen it yet but ripoff or not I'm still looking forward to it. I really don't understand the hoopla surrounding rehashes, what ever happened to 'history repeats it's self'? Besides, all Trek rehashes have been different enough for me to enjoy each of them for their own merits.

In life, yes, history repeats itself. In tv, however, it makes you question the writers' ability to come up with original storylines. Either way, though, I'm still looking forward to it. :)

and Captain Bolivar usually does it....

Ok, are people living in the future? Why oh why have you people seen Enterprise already? It's not on for another hour by my watch! lol, oh well.

And yes, I do usually do it, but I guess people who live in the future have an extra day to beat me to the punch. My pride and joy has been taken away from me. :lol:

Seriously tho, I'll over look it this week; it was only fair because for some reason or another Enterprise came out early and you all deserve to say what you think about it. Anywho, because this poll is usually the only topic or post I make here anymore, I'd be super grateful if you could bestow the honor upon once again next week :) Oh, and if for some reason it is necessary for someone else to make the poll again, I suggest adding in 5.5, 6.5, 7.5, 8.5, and 9.5 because some people (such as me) need the .5 to fine turn their vote.

I don't know what tonight's episode is about, but I'm glad to see by inference that the doctor is playing a bigger role. It's been awhile since he's had something to do.

Oh, and I heard this episode is a "rip off" from Voyager. I don't like that kind of talk because everything would be a rip off of something if we thought that way all the time. Nobody ever said TNG was just a "rip off" of Star Trek did they! Nobody ever said the Dominion war was a "rip off" of the Klingon war did they! NOOO! Let Enteprise be what IT IS and don't worry about what Voyager WAS. Just my thoughts on that issue.

You can attain new episodes early through P2P networks and file-sharing databases. That is how they've seen it. It hasn't been broadcast nationally yet...not for another 44 minutes on the eastern seaboard of the States.

I expect this episode to not be in the TOP great episodes. I'll go into it with an open perspective and report my findings after viewing. Doctor episodes usually act as fillers. I like Phlox however... lets see if he puts on a good show.

Perhaps I'm easily entertained...but the episode is over and I do believe that I enjoyed it. I'll give it a 8.0 out of 10 -- Probably higher than it deserves.

Click for Spoiler:

"I'm a physician, not an engineer!" - Of course, the entire thing was rather unbelievable. I don't think Archer would have put the entire crew in a coma -- especially in the Expanse. After encountering the Suliban and how they use transportation -- it just wouldn't be safe to leave the ship without watch. But I guess we needed a plot (er some kind of plot) this week. Phlox was great and Porthos was almost toast.

7..Not one of the top episodes of the season but I did like it..

Click for Spoiler:

I like the Doctor and am always happy when he gets a lot of screen time. I thought it was pretty comical having Phlox and Porthos walking the ship making their rounds..Yeah, the ending with T'Pol wasn't a surprise...But I still liked the episode..Hoshi looked good in Phlox's hallucination !!

Maybe I just wasn't using my brain enough,

Click for Spoiler:

but I never would have guessed that he halucenated T'pol the whole time. I was going to let my son watch it with me, but after Phlox started getting alittle wierd, he decided he'd wait for a better episode to watch.

THANKS ALOT! :lol:

Edited by Alterego

Click for Spoiler:

The old haunted starship plot is pulled out again- and pulled off very well by John billingsley. The only reason to watch this episode was to see the good doctors performance.

Despite the utterly ridiculous plot- Billingsley proves he is Enterprise's most valuable player. I just about pissed my pants when I saw Phlox walking around the ship in the buff- is there anyone who hasn't done this when the roomate's out of town.

This is definitely an episode destined for the blooper reel- but I loved seeing Dr. Phlox at the helm!

Edited by Alterego

I thought it was pretty good - better than I expected.

Click for Spoiler:

I also caught the throwback to Doc McCoy :lol: , and it was pretty well-placed - not too forced.

They got me at the end. At the beginning, I didn't think T'Pol should've been awake and that she was a hallucination, but through the course of the ep, I forgot. When she was on her bed at the end, I put it all together ... again. :)

It wasn't groundbreaking, but it was entertaining enough. I'll round it up to an 8.

Click for Spoiler:

it was funny seeing him walk around naked. My son had gone into the next room to play by this point, but he came in asking if I could help with something, and he noticed Phlox naked with his back turned. he said "Daddy, why is his back all wrinkly?" Kids make even the simplest questions seem that much cuter. I said "Because, he's a Denubulan", to which William responded "What's a debubulan?" anyways, it was funny. and this story could go on, but I'm not going to carry it on. Edited by Alterego

Sorry, AE.

Click for Spoiler:

did Anyone else notice the one time we got a profile shot of Phlox in the buff, there was that water can right there? Symbology here, perhaps?

Well, I gave it a 6 and that is only because the fact it was ENT it was semi entertaining. They really need to get this story moving all ready, I enjoy ENT alot and if they hope to keep this interest for Gods sake lets get to the freakin' Xindi!!!

Click for Spoiler:

I think it's great you all remember this idea was used in "one," but bear in mind thats NOT where this type of story came from. I swear I've seen this idea recycled and trashed and recycled all over again more times in my life than our drinking water. Eww!!! :lol: :) :wow:

I gave it an 8 out of 10. I thought it was worth a B minus.

Poor Doctor Phlox; he really lost it there for a minute but he got through it.

Probably my least favorite episode this season. I only gave it a three. Billingsley did the best he could with the material he'd been given.

Click for Spoiler:

was pretty sure T'Pol was a hallucination from the get go... Porthos did a great job. Not much too it - although it was a little scary in a couple of spots...before it got boring. I would never want to visit Denoblia. I could probably go four days without seeing anyone else without a problem. So I've found one quality to like in Vulcans - they give you some space.

Click for Spoiler:

I thought it was.... strange (a good strange)...a big rip of VoY's "one".... but the T'pol thing made it better... the Warp attempt made T'pol acting more like a dumb blonde (no offensense to Jolene Balock who really is a blonde...myabe not a dumb one..but a blonde)..... its a good Hallowen episode... w3ell compared to the other episodes so far in ENT... but i was amused... a good Ha-ha amuse laugh here and there.....[/spoiler]

Click For Spoiler
Docter P naked..o0o0o0o classic...... and Jim p. the water can HILARIOUS!...

Click for Spoiler:

I wasn't too impressed when I saw the previews for it. I thought "Oh great, copying a Voyager epsiode." In many ways, it was similar to the Voyager Episode (Was it called "One"? *checks Star Trek database* I guess it was!:lol:) Anyway, it wasn't that bad. I was a little suspicous of T'Pol being awake. After all, it was never stated that she would remain awake, and why would Phlox need to know how to take care of the ship if T'Pol was going to be there? They kept dropping clues that she was just a hallucination. I mean, why would Phlox be walking around naked if T'Pol was there? And would T'Pol really be that stupid in an emergency situation? (like that whole Engineering scene and Phlox trying to take the ship to warp) Not a bad episode, but they REALLY do need to get the story moving back to the Xindi. Next week's mutiny episode reminds me of another Voyager episode, "Worst Case Scenario"......guess we'll see what happens with this one....

:)

Jaina

Click for Spoiler:

the Warp attempt made T'pol acting more like a dumb blonde (no offense to Jolene Balock who really is a blonde...maybe not a dumb one..but a blonde)

Click for Spoiler:

Making T'Pol look like a dumb blonde during the warp attempt only proved even more that she was just a hallucination. The REAL T'Pol would not have been so ditsy.

:lol:

Jaina

Stardate:214134.9

I think it was an ok episode.Yeh it was similar to Voy's "One" but I thought phlox put it together well.

Click for Spoiler:

"I'm a doctor not an engineer!!!"

I thought that was cool :lol:

overall 6/10

I Haven't Even Seen It, But I've Seen The Ads.  Good Lord...They're Ripping Off Themselves, lol

And Yes, The Voyager Episode Was Called "One".

"Night" Was The Season 5 Premire About The Void.

I agree, however I like a spooky kind of Trek even though the story is a recycle one I always enjoy a simi ghost story :lol: