Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Deep Space Nine on Spike TV

From here:

'Deep Space Nine' Gets Spiked In April   

Cable television subscribers will be able to get a daily dose of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine from April this year.

Beginning Monday, April 5, Spike TV will be showing Deep Space Nine every weekday night at 7:00 p.m., according to Morty's TV. The series will also air at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday afternoons. To kick-off the new schedule, Spike TV will air a DS9 marathon from 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. on Friday, April 8.

Spike TV (formerly known as TNN) acquired the rerun rights to Star Trek: The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager in 2000. Under the terms of the license agreement, the cable network has been broadcasting reruns of Star Trek: The Next Generation since October 2001, but was not permitted to air Deep Space Nine until this year.

The Next Generation will still remain on the Spike TV schedule, but will be moved to an earlier timeslot. Instead of being screened in prime time, the series is scheduled to be shown at 1:00 p.m. on weekday afternoons, following on from the former UPN series, Seven Days, which will air at 12 midday.

Spike TV is licensed to air reruns of Star Trek: Voyager from 2006.

YAY!!! It's about time. But two more years 'til Voyager, that's not good news for those of us not getting the season sets.

Nice to see the show is still kicking about on television. I myself bought all seven seasons over the past year, so I'm chuffed with that :laugh:

That good news....DS9 was just dropped from the Canadian Space Channel last week, but we still get VOY thou....Spike has TNG, but I own them all...I don't own any DS9 and I really like the episodes with O'Brien and Worf.

Thanks for the update. :laugh:

Even though I have all 7 seasons, this is still great news. I can't wait till they announce what the marathon episodes are going to be. Its been ages since DS9 had a marathon.

I have all but the 7th Season on DVD but I'll watch whenever I can remember it.

Amy, now you don't have an excuse. You get to watch from the beginning...

I have all but the 7th Season on DVD but I'll watch whenever I can remember it.

Amy, now you don't have an excuse. You get to watch from the beginning...

This does kind of take away her excuse doesn't it. LOL

Great i have Spike watch tng all the time. But ds9 is my fathanks for the news

Beginning Monday, April 5, Spike TV will be showing Deep Space Nine every weekday night at 7:00 p.m., according to Morty's TV.

The Next Generation will still remain on the Spike TV schedule, but will be moved to an earlier timeslot. Instead of being screened in prime time, the series is scheduled to be shown at 1:00 p.m. on weekday afternoons

So what is getting the 8pm time slot then? I'd rather it went 7pm-DS9 and then 8pm-TNG. But I'm glad I'll finally get to start seeing some DS9!!

Even though I have seen every episode so many times I still look forward to seeing them on TV again. I hope they run them in order, episode 1 through episode 176.

I also have Seasons 1-6 on DVD, and I also will watch them on TV whenever I get the chance. It's been too long...maybe we'll pick up some more fans!

I want them to start running Voyager. I've only seen about a season and a half, and don't think I'll buy the sets - but I would watch them when they were on!

I am so excited! :clap: I love DS9 but only have 4 episodes on VHS. You can only watch 4 episodes so many times before you want to smash them on the pavement and I can't afford season sets.

$63+ a month...I'm not sure it's worth it WEAREBORG4102.

:P $63 a month?!? Whoever your cable company is is royally ripping you off. Cox Cable charges $9.95 for basic cable here.

$63+ a month...I'm not sure it's worth it WEAREBORG4102.

:o $63 a month?!? Whoever your cable company is is royally ripping you off. Cox Cable charges $9.95 for basic cable here.

Well, that does include a 2-for-1 deal for HBO/SHO. If I didn't have that it would be another $12.95/month! :P

I'd love to get a satellite but can't in my apt. building :o

Beginning Monday, April 5, Spike TV will be showing Deep Space Nine every weekday night at 7:00 p.m., according to Morty's TV.

I got this from Spiketv.com

Catch the Star Trek: DS9 marathon coming to Spike TV on April 5 from Noon to 9 p.m. (ET/PT) all week long! Then beginning on April 12, watch Star Trek: DS9 every weeknight at 7 p.m. (ET/PT).

Mirax Terrik

USS Gambit - groups.yahoo.com/group/ussgambit/

I thought they were running the whole series straight through the week...guess i'll have to check again...lol, and no wonder the walmart dude looked art me funny when i bought 45 dollars worth of VHS tapes... :laugh: