Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

Enterprise Bashing:

How do "Enterprise Bashers" make you feel?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. How do "Enterprise Bashers" make you feel?

• I DON'T MIND their opinion, but it ANNOYS me.
    • I DO MIND their opinion, and it ANNOYS me.
    • I DON'T MIND their opinion, and it DOESN'T ANNOY me.
    • They should NOT be allowed to bash Enterprise at STF.N!
    • I AM an "Enterprise Basher" and proud of it!
    • I'm sitting on the fence for this one.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS MAY BECOME A HEATED AND CONTROVERSIAL CONVERSATION!

Hello everyone. I've been noticing the troubles sometimes caused by "Enterprise bashing". STF.N is for all opinions of course, but maybe you feel that Enterprise bashing is one thing that should not be allowed here. after all, Star Trek is obviously very important to many people here and to say that "Enterprise should die" might be a little offensive to the people here. So I was just wondering what your thoughts on "Enterprise bashing" are.

Personally, I think hateful words about Enterprise, a show many of us would call our favorite show, should be kept in the Risa room. The way I see it is that very few things could be more offensive than bashing the very thing that this site is based upon: Star Trek. I think people should be able to complain about the show to a reasonable degree, but some things I think go across the line of respect for avid watchers here; such as avatars with the Enterprise logo crossed out with a red circle and line.

Keep in mind, people who have a few problems with the show are not bashers. It's those who absolutely hate it and have to tell us about it who are. (imo)

Please, try to be respectful with this topic; I don't want this to get out of hand.

I voted I don't mind but it annoys me, people have the right to there opinions no matter how wrong they are. What gets me is why do they watch a show they openly annouce they don't like? If I don't like a show i don't watch it or get into conversations about it. They claim they are Star Trek fans when in reality they may only like TNG or DS9 and they put down the others.Thats not a Star Trek fan, they may be fans of TNG or DS9 but not true Star Trek fans. I consider myself a Star Trek fan because I enjoy every series and film that comes out. To me they are all equal in entertainment value, and remember, it is made to entertain people, its fiction not real life.

I guess we'll have to put up with the bashers for the next 4 seasons, it may be annoying but this is the land of free speech.

Edited by Klingonmike

I do not get annoyed with individuals who do not like the show and can have a constructive conversation as to why they do not. Everyone is entitled to thier opinion, but I feel that if someone is going to bash the show they should be able to debate the issue in an intelligent conversation without having to use profanity or defending themselves with "It just sucks." without giving anything to back up their thoughts in order to allow others to better understand thier Point of view.

I DON'T MIND their opinion, but it ANNOYS me.

Everybody has a right to their own opinion about Enterprise like anything else..I don't mind intelligent critism of the show. After all no Star Trek series has been perfect..But honestly, I do get slightly annoyed when general hateful comments are made..It might be helpful if those people would use the phrase 'In My Opinion' once in a while..

Another thought that is in my head is why bash? I kinda agree with KM..If they don't like the show why watch it? They must like criticising it...I just don't see the point..But like I said before we all do have their own opinion and I will put up with the bashing because I like Enterprise so much..And it does have 4 more seasons to go..And it keeps on getting better and better..(In My Opinion)

Edited by spacetigger

Well Some of us are not ENT bashers but disagree with the principle of the show: ratings.... We want somethingless contreversial. soething that cannot be disputed over... ENT is too contreversial! A lot of fans have grown old and have found ENT to be very care free with Canon. Interpretation of canon varies so a lot of people have avoided that show. Because of that a lot of the fan base ha gone away.... Like Startrek.com its lay out used to be sort of lcars. Unfortunately they turned to flash to make something flashy, new , and tacky.... Berman and Braga were alright until DS9 came around. They rewrote the scripts a little to much that irritated me. It really got annoying when ENT rolled around. At first I thought it was going to be a serious series with a mix of continuity and debate. But then I saw the ship. Then I thought uh-oh big screw up: Akira class in the 22nd century. that really turned me off. Soon after I found Starfleet involved. I got really turned off when I saw the photon torpedoes introduced and the "phase pistols and phase cannons" really ticked me off. I didn't like the introduction of the Klingons and the Vulcans as a pessimistic species. Furthurmore the intro of the Ferengi, a species shrouded with mystery even in Picard's era. What realy turned me off is the contact with the Romulans. The Romulan war is supposed to start in about 5 years from the current episode of ENT right. Well we've really only seen the Romulans once. How could you meet and have first contact and have war in 5 years? I mean you only acheived warp five and the romulans don't have warp!!!!! What really got me is how many times you can actually fire a weapon around the warp Core!!!!!! That's just wrong. You hear in FC Picard saying not to hit the Warp core because it will explode right. You see in multiple episodes that the security officers fire weapons everywhere near the warp core.

ENT was some what good when it started but than they had to introduce the weird speices and they made the ENT look to new. And than the introuduction of the xindi and the attack on earth made think what is going on.

im an ent basher
Live long and Prosper,

Harry Kim.

Star Trek Voyager and Harry Kim rule!!!

:lol: Hmmm, One of these things is not like the other. ;)

I agree with ddillard. You can have an opinion but you'd better sure as heck have some evidence to back it up AND be able to discuss it intelligently.

I don't mind the Enterprise bashers, and they do not annoy me.

As long as they follow the rules of this board they have a right to speak.

If they do not follow the rules, however, we have moderators who will do their jobs!

Edited by mjham

It's such a heartening thing to see that so many people here are so tolerant and friendly despite having differences of opinion. :lol:

It's such a heartening thing to see that so many people here are so tolerant and friendly despite having differences of opinion. :lol:

That has always been one of the biggest advantages of this board. Everyones opinion is welcomed whether others disagree or not, as long as the opinion is expressed in a civilized manner that does not violate the boards rules.

That has always been one of the biggest advantages of this board. Everyones opinion is welcomed whether others disagree or not, as long as the opinion is expressed in a civilized manner that does not violate the boards rules.

I'll drink to that ;)

I personally am an ENT critic, but I hope it can improve in the future.

It's nice to be a member of a site where I can offer my opinions and not be punished for posting them.....

........(unlike one other site I could mention)

;):hug: :lol:

Stardate:214128.7

I put it I dont mind but in annoys me.Generally when people start going off on Enterprise I just ignore it.Like KM said my opinion is that if they dont like it DONT WATCH IT! But oh well i am used to listening to them and i can put up with it for at least 4 more years. :lol:

I've no problem with ENT bashing as long as it's on-topic and not insulting. :lol:

I voted - I DON'T MIND their opinion, and it DOESN'T ANNOY me.

The only thing that annoys me about some ENT bashers is when they try to convince new and current fans how bad the show is. ;)

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I personally am an ENT critic, but I hope it can improve in the future.

It's nice to be a member of a site where I can offer my opinions and not be punished for posting them.....

........(unlike one other site I could mention)

:lol:  ;)  :hug:

TrekBBS? ;)

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Opinion isn't bashing...of course people have the right to not like like ENT, its

the childish insults that annoy me. It's like they are insulting me because I enjoy ENT, and ST fans get enough of that in the real world, why do it to each other.

A lot of what WEAREBORG4102 said, i agree with. Now, ENT is the only show i watch all week and i told my new manger i don't work Wednesdays but i did not tell her it was because i like to watch ENT with Ed.

I think that the show needs to stick with Canon more, but the new races don't bother me and the new looks for some of the older ones excite me.

I roll my eyes as some things but i am still trying to download an episode i missed, so i am still a critical fan. :lol:

ENTERPRISE BASHING!?!? Up until a couple of days ago...I had never seen the word "BASHING" on this board. Nor do I care to see it!!! Everyone has an opinion and they should be allowed to state it, but in respectable terms only.

Whats up with all this negativitiy??? And all of this "cancelation" business and the end of ST? If you people have ever learned one thing from watching Star Trek.... you should know better.

Edited by SuraksSoul

I don't mind it as long as they don't insult me for watching the show. I am one of those people that does not like the idea of a prequil but just like star wars its here and I am going to watch it. I have watched all most all of Enterprise and I don't mind it put I don't think that it is the best trek and you can see that with the ratings that I have given. IMHO if people have problems with the show they have every right to say so but if they start to call me names because what I think is different now that is not cool.

I dont care what they say,i like the show so i watch it :laugh:

P.S WHY BASH SOMETHING IF YOU DONT LIKE IT??????? :assimilated:

I dont care what they say,i like the show so i watch it :laugh:

P.S WHY BASH SOMETHING IF YOU DONT LIKE IT??????? :assimilated:

I agree with you..and they must be watching it ..(if they can bash the show ).....they will help bring the ratings up....some of them even bash us and that's just immature and low.

If an Enterprise basher is someone that hates the show and wants everyone to know about it then they don't belong here. It's a difficult line to draw - Star Trek attracts an audience that is pretty intelligent and inquisitive and therefore opinions are bound to differ. There is no way any show is going to perfect for everybody but that sort of discussion is great and I have certainly had my thoughts altered and stimulated by boards like this one. I can't understand the mentality of anyone who would want to come to a place like this just to find people to pick on. It's a sad reflection of why Gene Roddenberry's vision for the future of humanity will probably prove to be a misguided one.