Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

probe, anybody readit?

Oddly, I have it on loan from the library right now. What a coincidence! So far I'm only a quarter of the way through. Honestly, I am not impressed thus far.

1. There are too many side characters. I prefer the main ones.

2. The Romulans, up to this point, don't not seem like Romulans

3. There is too much talk about music. Just not interested in that. I don't even truly know what the musicians have to do with intitial peace talks. Just seems a little out of place considering the adversty between the two cultures.

4. Kirk is NOT a diplomat. Neither is the rest of his crew. The fact that they are in charge of the mission doesn't seem believable.

5. The Probe seems to be taking a back seat in the story. That's why I picked it up.

But hey, for all my complaints, it could evolve into something better as a move through the book. But I don't think I will ever consider it a favorite. Most of the time I can't help but read a Trek book, but I have a hard time picking this one up. Oh well. Glad you all enjoyed it though; it gives me some hope as to how it will turn out.

Top book, it's one I can pick up again and again if I want a quick read. It does quite well at explaining the origins of the probe itself.