Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Journey to Azati-Prime - New Plot?

Actually Captain Jean-Luc Picard.....i think it is a cliffhanger......i only suggested it was a new plot because "it cant be anything else."

Actually Captain Jean-Luc Picard.....i think it is a cliffhanger......i only suggested it was a new plot because "it cant be anything else."

How is it a cliffhanger, they...

Click for Spoiler:

found the location of the Xindi weapon, which was the plot of the episode.

So, if the episode concluded, how is it a cliffhanger? :assimilated:

because Archer made a log,

Click for Spoiler:

Hopefully, the journey to Azati Prime will be the final leg in our search for the weapon

thats the reason it is a cliffhanger....because of the words used.

Yes, but a scene does not make an episode a cliffhanger. In order for the episode to be a cliffhanger, the episode has to be unresolved. The episode was resolved, though, so I see it as a complete story.

Ultimately, if it were a cliffhanger, that means that "Stratagem" was the first half of a story with "Harbinger" being the second half. However, the episodes are unrelated, so how can "Stratagem" be a cliffhanger if the next episode does not contiue Archer's log? As I said before, the episode has to be left unresolved in order to be a cliffhanger.

However, I'll remain open minded to more discussion. :assimilated:

it is open ended, becausepauses, to stop shouting.

a scene does make a cliff hanger, all 2 parters do it:

The holographic Americans look at the gaping hole in the holodeck wall, they advance on it.

that is a massive cliffhanger, because you dont know what is going to happen next.

The Borg cubes are destroyed by the planets debris, Voyager is pulled away by the cube

well! is Voyager going to be assimilated?

ok, so those examples are from - PART ONE, PART TWO....but here:

Click for Spoiler:

The Enterprise warps towards Azati Prime

this one is concluded in the episode:

Click for Spoiler:

Azati Prime

it is open ended, becausepauses, to stop shouting.

a scene does make a cliff hanger, all 2 parters do it:

The holographic Americans look at the gaping hole in the holodeck wall, they advance on it.

that is a massive cliffhanger, because you dont know what is going to happen next.

In "The Killing Game, Part I", the episode was not resolved. We were left in the middle of a conflict with no resolution. That makes this a cliffhanger and a two-part episode.

The Borg cubes are destroyed by the planets debris, Voyager is pulled away by the cube

well! is Voyager going to be assimilated?

What I said for "The Killing Game, Part I" applies here as well.

ok, so those examples are from - PART ONE, PART TWO....but here:

True, but there are also individual episodes that are cliffhangers and/or resolve previous episodes.

Click for Spoiler:

The Enterprise warps towards Azati Prime

this one is concluded in the episode:

Click for Spoiler:

Azati Prime

OK, I think I finally get what you're saying. Enterprise warps off to (you know where), leaving us with a "what happens next" feeling. Hmm... I guess you could look at it as a cliffhanger, but I just didn't get that vide. When "Stratagem" ended, I had more of a "I wonder what happens next week" feeling instead of a "OMG! I can't wait to see them get to Azati Prime!" feeling, mainly becuase I knew it would be several episodes before they get there.

Hmm... I guess depends on what you define a cliffhanger as. If you think of a cliffhanger as a "suspenceful ending to be resolved in a future episode", then sure, it is. However, I think of a cliffhanger as being an "incomplete" story to be resolved in the next episode. What do you think?