Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danny

Some pics of the planets I took.

Crappy by Hubble standards but descent by backyard standards. I'll do better in the summer I think when I don't freeze to death.

Jupiter: You can almost see the clouds.

jupiter1.jpg

Saturn:

saturn01.jpg

Venus: It's so bright in the sky at sunset it's unbelievable. Couldn't get a good focus though.

venus.jpg

Wow, those are really cool. I especially like the one of Saturn. :assimilated:

:assimilated: Great pics for just being the backyard variety Danny with the exception of Venus, the planets in your pics remind me of the same views I get through my scope. Thank you for sharing them.

I don't even know the magnification of the scope but it's a fairly good sized one with no motor. I have an adaptor that hold my digital cam to the eyepiece but it's not the greatest setup. If I had a motor and a lens that actually screwed on the camera I could get some really sick shots. I was going to do Andromeda tonight but it was too low near the horizon. I'll go out earlier tomorow. I hav Mars pics too:

mars004.jpg

mars005.jpg

mars006.jpg

mars009.jpg

Those are awesome pictures, man. I wonder what the Venusians sunsets look like if one could survive more than a few seconds on the surface. I applaud you in your efforts and your expertise in photography using the equipment that you have.

Wow those pictures are just so cool, thanks for sharing them Danny. :assimilated: I am useless with my telescope i can only ever see tiny coloured spots :assimilated:

Great pics, thank you for sharing them, I can't really look to the stars where I live due to the city lights so I am always greatful when someone posts some pics to look at.

Actually those pics were taken from inside Montreal city limits! Even from the brightest cities, planets are visible. They are many times brighter than most stars.

cool. i have a telescope, but its not very good i got it for my b-day it was a bit of a dissapointment.. but im saving up for a better one.