Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

To go where no man has gone before?

This season is not about going where no man has gone before. I can't stand it! I mean starfleet was based on the principle of exploration not battle. But why the change??????? Why differ from the common thread of Trek?

I think that the reason that exploration is not part of this season of ENT is because earth was freeken attacked and numerous people died so they probally think its better to live and explore latter than to explore than get blown up by a speicies that was not heard of in anyother series

This season is not about going where no man has gone before. I can't stand it! I mean starfleet was based on the principle of exploration not battle. But why the change??????? Why differ from the common thread of Trek?

For the first two full seasons exploration was the primary mission but the ratings were too low so...

For the third season change was enacted with the creation of the Xindi story arc but the ratings remain low because imo, the bashers are having too much fun bashing instead of giving the new arc a fair chance at proving it's self to them.

As much as I'D like it too go back to exploration, I don't see how it can do so without dropping even lower in the ratings. *

The crybabies said they would win and everyday it looks more and more like they were correct.

I like exploration stories but after a while they tend to start causing a viewer to lose interest so it is IMO necessary to switch it up a little now and then so that no one gets bored.

Correct if I'm wrong....but in the ENT timeline...there is no Prime Directive or Federation.....so exploration may be the goal of humans...but no for long if they don't stop the Xindi :assimilated:

ENTERPRISE RULES!!!!! IF YOU CAN'T STAND IT...STOP WATCHING. :assimilated:

I only really love 3 of the ST series, but I respect others opinions and would't even dream of bashing anything to do with ST. :assimilated:

They're doing a new direction to give us something different. The arc was only planned to last season three anyway. Besides, there's two major wars we know of: the Romulan war which leads to the founding of the UFP, then two centuries later, we have the Dominion war which nearly leads to the defeat of the UFP, Klingons, and Romulans.

I agree, I'd like to have mostly explorration, but war is inevvitable.

A series based on only exploration will fail.

Also, they are going boldly where no man has gone before. The Expanse. Besides, how do you know they are going into a war? I believe what has been implied, if not stated is that we will try to avert the attack by showing the Xindi that humanity is not a threat. War will be a last resort.

Oh? TNG & VOY didn't. :assimilated:

Besides, the whole concept of Star Trek is a ship "explorring the galaxy". TOS, TNG, VOY, and the first two seasons of ENT have all been about explorration with a different twist per series. Only TOS failed, and that was becuase of NBC, not becuase it wasn't appealing. In fact, only DS9 and ENT's 3rd season haven't been about explorration, so what do you mean that "a seies based on explorration will fail"?

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

:assimilated: I am going to express an opinion that may not be popular, but it is real for me. Star Trek always has and probably always will follow real-world social problems. After the horrific attacks by cowards upon the United States of America on 9/11, this became a real issue to address. The Xendi represent the terrorists, and the Enterprise crew represent the American Armed Forces who are hunting them down. To think Star Trek is simply a line of fiction that has no social purpose is preposterous. There are college classes of sociology that analyze Star Trek for the express purpose of looking at society at the time it was filmed. America is at war, so is the Enterprise. Until the terrorists are found, Enterprise ought to keep fighting. I wish that I could show my sorrow for the loss of lives on 9/11 in a way that would help my country, America, heal.

I think they probably read the acclaim that DS9 received over it's tendancy for arc related stories and decided it might be a way to hook them into the show. It failed miserably as evidenced by their lack of skill for writing a plot arc without even bothering with the character arcs. Another contributing factor in the ineffectivness of this arc is that putting Earth in danger is undramaticgiven that every Trek fan knows that Earth will be aroud for Kirk, Spock and Picard.

Oh? TNG & VOY didn't. :assimilated:

Besides, the whole concept of Star Trek is a ship "explorring the galaxy". TOS, TNG, VOY, and the first two seasons of ENT have all been about explorration with a different twist per series. Only TOS failed, and that was becuase of NBC, not becuase it wasn't appealing. In fact, only DS9 and ENT's 3rd season haven't been about explorration, so what do you mean that "a seies based on explorration will fail"?

I guess there was no Klingon Civil war in TNG? No other conflicts that caused battles?

How about the Kazon, was Voyager studying their genealogy? The Year of Hell was a study of religion as well I would suppose.

Go back to what I said, I said that a series based only on exploration will fail. TNG and Voyager were not based only on exploration. There was a great deal of conflict and battle in both.

The idea for the Xindi attack came from 9/11. the writers wanted to have the show have something in common with curerent events. next season we may see Earth launch an attack on someone, and it might not be a popular idea. like alot of shows, the Enterprise writers will use current events as a baseline for a story. how many people remember the pizza guy who was forced to rob a bank with a bomb around his neck? if you watched Law and Order: Criminal Intent last night, you probably got reminded of it. the writers WILL draw from these events for inspiration. and I personnally can relate to the crew of the Enterprise fighting the Xindi. Maybe the rest of you who watch the current events on the news don't neccissarily get the same connection that I do.

In this point in history Star fleet does not exsist yet.

You're confusing the Federation with Starfleet. No date for Starfleet's creation has ever been given.

Starfleet exists, and like VBG said, you're confusing things. at this point, Starfleet IS, as Azetbur put it, a Homo sapiens only club.

Edited by Ensign Jim Phaserman

You're confusing the Federation with Starfleet. No date for Starfleet's creation has ever been given.

Oopps! My mistake. :assimilated:

Edited by SpaceHippie

Oh? TNG & VOY didn't. :lol:

I guess there was no Klingon Civil war in TNG? No other conflicts that caused battles?

How about the Kazon, was Voyager studying their genealogy? The Year of Hell was a study of religion as well I would suppose.

Go back to what I said, I said that a series based only on exploration will fail. TNG and Voyager were not based only on exploration. There was a great deal of conflict and battle in both.

Well, when you say only explorration, I was thinking of story arcs, not individual episodes. ;)

The idea for the Xindi attack came from 9/11. the writers wanted to have the show have something in common with curerent events. next season we may see Earth launch an attack on someone, and it might not be a popular idea. like alot of shows, the Enterprise writers will use current events as a baseline for a story. how many people remember the pizza guy who was forced to rob a bank with a bomb around his neck? if you watched Law and Order: Criminal Intent last night, you probably got reminded of it. the writers WILL draw from these events for inspiration. and I personnally can relate to the crew of the Enterprise fighting the Xindi. Maybe the rest of you who watch the current events on the news don't neccissarily get the same connection that I do.

I read that the Xindi & 9-11 similarities were purely coincidental, possibly subconsciously done without realising. As for the Xindi being comparred to the 9-11 terrorists, I ask, why? They're trying to defend themselves. Also, I've a feeling that the Xindi may join forces with Enterprise against the Sphere Builders.

I read that the Xindi & 9-11 similarities were purely coincidental, possibly subconsciously done without realising. As for the Xindi being comparred to the 9-11 terrorists, I ask, why? They're trying to defend themselves. Also, I've a feeling that the Xindi may join forces with Enterprise against the Sphere Builders.

In the minds of the terrorist they think they are fighting to protect themselves from the evil satan empire (U.S.)

There is definatly a direct corralation between 9/11 and the Xindi attack. As its been mentioned before, Star Trek has always taken issues of the day and turned it into a storyline for the shows. Now a days the Xindi represent the terrorist as the Klingons use to represent the Russians and the Romulins represented the Chinese back in the TOS days.

Guest Guest

LOL...the first two seasons were a good starting point, but every once in a while I like to see some cohesion with episodes instead of just stand-alones. As someone stated earlier....the Expanse is where no man has gone before.

You can make a 45-50 minutes episode only so complex....whereas with an entire season to work with...you can piece beautiful sub-plots together with a giant arc plot.

The Xindi are told, by some guy from the future, that Earth will destroy them in 400 years. What are they suppose to do, sit on their butts? Personally, I'm routing for Enterprise, but I'd love to have a twist where the Xindi turn out to victims of the TCW.

But they're no holding their own series continuity.... Their episodes don't flow with each other..... It's too broken... There's no sense of connection tot he future Starfleet.... It's not what origanlly what they said it was going to be.... I know things change but the themes of a show shouldn't.... I mean we're selling out to sex.... I mean T'pol shouldn't be kissing... She should be using her fingertips....

I definitely agree that I have not seen many continuity issues. We need to understand that ENT takes place long before any of the other series and some of the things that people are pointing out may be different in the time of ENT and may have changed by the time of TOS or the other series.

Have you noticed that whenever Vulcans mate they use their fingers? T'Pol always gets in between Trip's Legs so what do you think?