Would you like to see VOY return?

Which would you like to see?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you like to see?

• Theatrical Movie
    • TV Movie
    • Mini-series
    • "Endgame" was an excellent ending.

Star Trek returned after 10 years with 6 movies. Star Trek: The Next Generation ended, then moved straight to the movie theater with a total of 4 films.

So, do you think VOY should return with some form of continuation? Theatrical or TV movie or a mini-series? Do you feel that "Endgame" was an excellent way to conclude the VOY story? Vote and tell us what you think and would like to see.

I myself think VOY has great potential as a theatrical movie. It doesn't have to be some uber-expensive film like NEMESIS. Just as long as it's a theater-worthy movie, I'd be thrilled! :wow:

Voyager returning to Earth was not the only plot. :hug: There's still plenty left to tell for VOY. If there's no further continuation, I'm fine with that as "Endgame" was spectacular. TOS had to wait 10 years before getting a movie, so there's still hope for a VOY movie. :wow:

Voyager returning to Earth was not the only plot. :hug: There's still plenty left to tell for VOY.  If there's no further continuation, I'm fine with that as "Endgame" was spectacular.  TOS had to wait 10 years before getting a movie, so there's still hope for a VOY movie. :wow:

You can't compare TOS and Voyager though. TOS was never completed. Voyager was completed. While Voyager had many small sub-plots the main thrust of the show was the fact that the ship was lost in the Delta Quadrant and trying to get home. Without that major series plot there was no reason to have the series, they would just be another ship doing the same things that have already been done.

TPTB knew that they were killing any possible future for Voyager when they got the ship back to Earth.

You also have to take into consideration that Voyager's ratings weren't that much better then Enterprises ratings.

Voyager returning to Earth was not the only plot. :assimilated: There's still plenty left to tell for VOY.  If there's no further continuation, I'm fine with that as "Endgame" was spectacular.  TOS had to wait 10 years before getting a movie, so there's still hope for a VOY movie. :wow:

You can't compare TOS and Voyager though. TOS was never completed. Voyager was completed. While Voyager had many small sub-plots the main thrust of the show was the fact that the ship was lost in the Delta Quadrant and trying to get home. Without that major series plot there was no reason to have the series, they would just be another ship doing the same things that have already been done.

TPTB knew that they were killing any possible future for Voyager when they got the ship back to Earth.

You also have to take into consideration that Voyager's ratings weren't that much better then Enterprises ratings.

Actually, way back in in the 4th season, they had planned on having Voyager return to Earth in "Hope and Fear" and have season 5 be about their adventures in the Alpha Quadran and so forth. I'm not sure how they would have made it work, but they just kept pushing Voyager's return to Earth further and further back till it was in the last 5 mins of the finale. My point is, if you have a good imagination, you can have a VOY story in the Alpha Quadrant without it "being another ship". All it needs is imagination. :hug:

Here's a list of plots they could use in a future story:

1. Beta Quadrant Hirogen didn't get the Holo-deck technology, so they'd make for good villians, but wouldn't give reason for the crew to re-unite.

2. The Borg Collective has survived the "virus" infection from Admiral Janeway and are back with a vengence. It's been discovered that Earth is a year into a viral-assimilation that the Queen told Seven about in "Dark Frontier".

3. Species 8472 is launching an attack on the Federation, the peace talks between the 8472's in "In the Flesh" and their supperiors failed.

That's just three ideas that I feel would make an excellent VOY movie. Any time I bring up this topic, all you say is "Voyager got home, there's nothing left to tell", so how about telling me why some of these ideas can't work? I'd like to read your thoughts. :blink:

i vant to suck your thoughts

i did say that a Borg come back special would be good.

I mean, look at First Contact, that was such a hit because of the Borg......well do it again! this time the rebel Borg have for peace talks, when 8472's show up and demand the surrender of all rebel Borg. Turns out the remaining few borg and 8472 made a deal...

I don't think the Borg is what made First Contact a hit, I think it was a combination of the Borg, the TNG crew, Picard's personal struggle, Humanity's first contact with aliens, and much more.

If a VOY movie were to involve the Borg and Species 8472, something tells me it'd either be "Scorpion" all over again, or we'd have an action movie where only two or three characters are focused on with everyone else being wallpaper. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it's not likely.

Species 8472 don't seem like the type to make a deal with their enemy. :wow:

ah - dont you know anything about good storytelling? They have an alterior motive....their enemy is weak, and we all know a corned, weak prey can be deadly....so they tame it, and then control it....once they are sure they've got all the Borg (or 8472 ships are in every Borg system)....they attack, annihilating the Borg...

hey, thats not a bad idea for my fan fic.

That's just three ideas that I feel would make an excellent VOY movie.  Any time I bring up this topic, all you say is "Voyager got home, there's nothing left to tell", so how about telling me why some of these ideas can't work?  I'd like to read your thoughts. :wow:

That's because you've brought it up so many times and my view hasn't changed.

I say "Voyager got home" because Voyager got home. You say "Make a Voyager Movie" because you are a big Voyager fan. While I thought the show was adequate, I never went out of my way to watch it. There are many episodes I really liked, but there isn't enough there to support a new series or a movie IMO. THe show's ratings weren't that good back when it was on to begin with. I can remember that there was talk back when Voyager came out that TPTB were "out of ideas" and that the show was "just the same old thing".

Tell me this, what was Voyager's main plotline? Then answer this, did they complete that plotline?

Also answer this, why make a new movie with a new cast (new to the masses) when the same movie could be made with a familiar crew on a familiar ship. One that has been proven for almost 20 years?

As for my thoughts for what would make a good Voyager movie, I don't see any plotline that would likely succeed with Voyager. I honestly don't see one for DS9 that would likely succeed either and you know that I believe DS9 has better possibilities in terms of continuing it's story. I don't believe either of the shows had a big enough following among "non-Trekkies" though to bring in enough money to make TPTB get all hot and bothered about making a movie.

I don't want to see them make movies just for the sake of making movies, I want quality.

Hmm... I dunno, the plot just sounds too complicated. Keep in mind we're talking about a 2-hour movie. How would you fit the Borg, Species 8472, Voyager's crew and their reason to "re-unite", bring Voyager (the ship) back into the mix, have the Borg/Species 8472 alliance, the rebel Borg, and so forth? It just sounds too complicated for a movie, and has the Borg completely out of character.

EDIT: Responding to Trekzone.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I'm one of the few who strongly feel VOY has a little life left in it. Even so, I'm not sure any kind of return tptb could come up with at this time would do the show justice. :)

Voyager was cool, and needed to continue. However, they sorta ended it. The whole series was to get back to Earth. They eventually made it. Their objective was obtained. There's really nothing else to script.

I don't think a theatrical film with the Voyager cast would do well. The general public has demonstrated good Trek movies = poor box office performances. A tv movie would be much more logical, were anything to happen. Just a couple of hours showing you the welcoming and so-forth...much more suitable, imo.

I voted for a Theatrical Movie but it would be good to see a mini series, as Voyager was one of my fav along with TNG and Enterprise :roflmao:

I don't think a theatrical film with the Voyager cast would do well. The general public has demonstrated good Trek movies = poor box office performances. A tv movie would be much more logical, were anything to happen. Just a couple of hours showing you the welcoming and so-forth...much more suitable, imo.

If we ever do see a VOY movie, I most certainly hope it's not a pointless "homecoming" story. :roflmao: I'd rather see a TNG-style stand-alone movie.

I voted "Endgame" was an excellent ending.

If we ever do see a VOY movie, I most certainly hope it's not a pointless "homecoming" story. 

For it to be a homecoming story they would have to go backwards in time and they never do that from one film to the next…

Between any onscreen adventures, the characters always have the same passage of real-time as has passed for us. Meaning, if 4 (or however many) years since we last saw them has passed for us then 4 (or however many) years has also passed for them. Any new VOY created for the either the big or small screens would also include this passage of time for the characters imo.

This is why I consider some novels to be personal canon, any VOY stories written since ENDGAME (with 99% probability) will NEVER be contradicted on screen because the characters in any new onscreen adventure would exist in the "now" not in the "then". See? This formula has worked for all of the series for decades.

Edited by Alterego

I voted "Endgame" was an excellent ending.

If we ever do see a VOY movie, I most certainly hope it's not a pointless "homecoming" story. 

For it to be a homecoming story they would have to go backwards in time and they never do that from one film to the next…

Between any onscreen adventures, the characters always have the same passage of real-time as has passed for us. Meaning, if 4 (or however many) years since we last saw them has passed for us then 4 (or however many) years has also passed for them. Any new VOY created for the either the big or small screens would also include this passage of time for the characters imo.

This is why I consider some novels to be personal canon, any VOY stories written since ENDGAME (with 99% probability) will NEVER be contradicted on screen because the characters in any new onscreen adventure would exist in the "now" not in the "then". See? This formula has worked for all of the series for decades.

I'm not saying use those books persay. I agree that most novels wouldn't work as movies. I'm just saying it would be nice to see what happened, however it is chosen to be portrayed.

Assuming we get a VOY movie, I just don't see how a "homecoming" story would work. I have no interrest in a "where are they now" kind of story. I'd much rather see a crew reuninion on Voyager, like in the first movie, where they unite to deal with a mystery that Starfleet feels has connections to the Delta Quadrant, so why not assemble the perfect crew to solve this new mystery? :vbg:

i have 2 comments:

1: if you have read the story "home coming" a 2 part voyager book. you wo8uld know that there is a story for a movie in there... once backon earth people start gaining borg assimilation like symptoms just super slowwly (this is the queens "virus-stye" nanoprobe assimilation) the oyager crew falls under suspicion... 7 of 9 and Echieb are taken into custody and its up to tom paris, janeway, and tuvok to rescue them! (in the book there is an almost side plot where the doctor accidentally starts a holographic revolution and gets taking into custody but they could leave that out) The whole thing ends with the crew discovering that section 31's head was secretly using a mark I EMH (ethical subroutines not withstanding) to make her the new borg queen

wheew that was long now:

2:

Here's a list of plots they could use in a future story:

1. Beta Quadrant Hirogen didn't get the Holo-deck technology, so they'd make for good villians, but wouldn't give reason for the crew to re-unite.

2. The Borg Collective has survived the "virus" infection from Admiral Janeway and are back with a vengence. It's been discovered that Earth is a year into a viral-assimilation that the Queen told Seven about in "Dark Frontier".

3. Species 8472 is launching an attack on the Federation, the peace talks between the 8472's in "In the Flesh" and their supperiors failed.

problems:

1: the hirogens wouldn't be able to get here remember there still 70 years away

2:hey YOU stole this idea!

3:again the travel distance.. but assuming that fluidic space allows for faster travel janeway still knows that borg nanoprbes would wipe them out and that would be to much CG work for one movie...