Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Did the TNG movies do TNG justice?

I was disappointed with Nemesis, it felt too much like Star Wars to me. I like Star Wars, but I don't want the 2 merged into one.

The other TNG movies were very good and could easily have been fit into the series as 2 part episodes.

I had never thought about it like that VBG, but you're right. IT was like Star wars!!!

When Brent Spiner was on staage at the Con i just went to, he was asked why Data did not have emotions in Nem. He said that Data without emotions was what us fans had been begging for for years now.

I was shocked by this since i felt we did not really get to see much of the "emotional" Data except for right after the chip's installation when he was almost out of he mind being overcome by all of what he was feeling. Some may have insulted how Data in GEN, but we have to remember, this was a being who for 35 years had been emotionless and now was taking a crash (and i do mean crash!) course on what it was like to FEEL. He went haywire! but he would not ahve stayed that way. He was much calmer in FC and i thing that is how he would have been most of the time if given that chance.

Pushing him back a step was a crime. One i now understand was perpitrated (sp) but his fans.

Yes, the TOS movies translated better to movies than TNG, but at the time it was movies or NOTHING, so there was a greater need to be better. IF it had not been for the TOS movies keeping the dream alive, we would not even be having this converstion. BUt FC still rocked, lol