Sign in to follow this  
xenexian

Animated series

This is just really a general question. Does anyone have any information concerning the animated series from the early 70's? Rankin and Bass were the producers I believe. Are there any plans to release the serieis on DVD in the near future? Just trying to increase my collection here.

I wish I knew because I would like to collect all the animated shows.It would be great if the Cartoon Network showed then a night,then I would record them!

Guest Ktrek

There has not been any announcement so far about TAS. I too would love to see a box set of all the episodes but I'm not sure it would happen. I think even the VHS tapes are now out of print. I have a set of them. I'm thinking about archiving them to VCD because VHS tapes degrade so badly. I'd hate it if I couldn't watch them again.

By the way, it was Norm Prescott and Lou Scheimer from Filmation who produced the episodes.

BTW here is the best website about TAS on the internet.Click here

Ktrek

I love TAS! About a year ago I downloaded the whole series off of Kazza and burned them to VCD. The quality isn't that great but it doesn't make them any less fun!

I wish I did

However I never saw TAS. I have seen clips of it, but nothing else

Hopefully in the future they will put them on DVD or at least play them as re-runs on TV

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Guest Ktrek

If I get my episodes captured to mpgs I will let you know and you can download them from me. The only thing I will ask is that you buy the DVDs when and if they become available.

Ktrek