Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

What arcs would you like to see for seasons 4-6?

Assuming ENT will last 7 years, what arcs would you like to see for seasons 4-6?

Here's what I'd like to see:

Season 4 - Return to "Starfleet's first mission" premise.

Season 5 - Continue the original premise half-way into the season, then begin the Romulan War.

Season 6 - Romulan War

Season 7 - Romulan War

ENT's 1st Movie - End of Romulan war.

ENT's 2nd Movie - Founding of the Federation.

What about you guys?

I'd like to see the Romulan War since it's already been established that there was a war, and I'd like to see the beginnings of the Federation.

Also, once the Xindi-arc is completed, more exploration and first contact situations would be nice.

Any season-A two -part time-travel and or flash back episode about the Eugenics Wars or WW3.

Maybe an episode dealing with xenophobia on Earth because of the Xindi and/ or Romulans. Will Earth become isolationist?

Edited by Alterego

Any season-A two -part time-travel and or flash back episode about the Eugenics Wars or WW3.

Maybe an episode dealing with xenophobia on Earth because of the Xindi and/ or Romulans. Will Earth become isolationist?

I would like to see the deployment of the NX-02, some more conflicts with the Suliban and in the Temporal Cold War, I like the idea of something in the Eugenics Wars, more conflict with the Andorians and Shran, T'Pol and her conflicts with her obligation of duty to the Vulcans and to Enterprise, a few more episodes with the Klingons and Romulans, and ofcoarse the foundation of the Federation.

And I had an idea, would it be too much to have a young Sarek on board the Enterprise learn several things from T'Pol and Archer? It could be good, but it could also be extremely dumb.

And I had an idea, would it be too much to have a young Sarek on board the Enterprise learn several things from T'Pol and Archer? It could be good, but it could also be extremely dumb.

Sarek wasn't born till after the founding of the UFP. :biggrin:

Stardate:214167.9

I pretty much agree with CJLP except season 4 and 5 I would like to deal with the TCW.

On most part I agree with CJLP, however I would also like to see some episodes dealing with vulcan/andorian/human relations, I guess you could call that the beginning of the federation.

Well, I'd like to see.... :biggrin: :force:

Archer and Trip get more time on screen together. Whether T'Pol stays or goes I don't really care, but Trip is still the second officer and we should see him discussing things with Archer more. Sim told Archer in Similitude

Click for Spoiler:

that ever since he met the Captain that's what he wanted to be, a Starship Captain.

It would be nice to follow up on that esp as Trip doesn't know Sim said it.

I'd like to see them exit the Expanse in the last show of this series to find the Vulcan's and Andorians at war. Series three should be about determined efforts to find peace along with some other species who founded the federation. But I like the premise that Enterprise is alone and really don't want them to make the federation too early. This is about exploring humanity, not becoming a part of an armada. Let that occur right at the end, if it has to. Otherwise what would Enterprise do, considering that Andorian and Vulcan ships can get a dozen ships wherever, faster?

Oh and no more :laugh: They are so tapped out now. Please!

War, War, War. Isn't Enterprise a ship for exploration and Peace? How about making peace where ever it goes. Certainly there must be advantages to that. I enjoy first contacts. Exchange of cultures knowledge is interesting. I don't feel enriched by all this fighting.

War, War, War.  Isn't Enterprise a ship for exploration and Peace?  How about making peace where ever it goes. Certainly there must be advantages to that.  I enjoy first contacts. Exchange of cultures knowledge is interesting.  I don't feel enriched by all this fighting.

Well my view is that DS9 had a lot more war than any of the shows so far, so any criticism has to be laid at that shows door as well.

As for the exchange of cultures and inter-relationships, IMO Enterprise is a sci-fi show first and foremost, so while Star Trek has always focused on issues I feel that the primary objective is to create an exciting show involving key codes from the science fiction genre.

As another member (sorry I can't remember who) pointed out a while ago on the TOS board, TOS gave little touches of characterisation and development of the relationship between the 'big three' via a few nice moments in the script while keeping the main plot grounded in what makes a sci-fi show, rather than the sledgehammer character development that we saw in later series'.

^

^ I agree with that point also, tm, it's just that there are enough real wars in our real lives, that's all i'm saying. I love the inter-personal relationships aspect of all the shows. I think in Ent. they are focusing on that aspect a bit more than in earlier series. The addition of on-board romance, with discretion, makes for more believable characters. Of course Tom and B'lanna was pretty hot. This is just my opinion, not trying to start another war, tee hee :biggrin:

War, War, War.

Battles.

Isn't Enterprise a ship for exploration and Peace?

Yes.

How about making peace where ever it goes.

They try, but lots of the aliens they run into would rather take over the ship or blow them up. :P

Certainly there must be advantages to that.

There are.

I enjoy first contacts.

Me too.

Exchange of cultures knowledge is interesting.

Indeed.

I don't feel enriched by all this fighting.

The "Xindi" conflict, I feel, is a deception via Sphere Builders involved in the TCW to take out Earth. As for the Romulan war, ENT should be seeing the beginning of this in season 5 as that's the time period. The only way to avoid it would be to end the show with 4 seasons. I would like the Romulan war to be more about strategic battles that all out violent battles. More of a thinking man's war. ;)

Archer and Trip get more time on screen together.  Whether T'Pol stays or goes I don't really care, but Trip is still the second officer and we should see him discussing things with Archer more.  Sim told Archer in Similitude

Click for Spoiler:

that ever since he met the Captain that's what he wanted to be, a Starship Captain.

Yes, more Archer and Trip together and especially more Archer listening to Trip.

I'd still like to see the addition of a scientist (anthropologist or social scientist) that could assist in the exploration of new cultures.

I'd like to see a little more optimism - not so consistently oppressive

I think the logical next step for Earth would be "relationship building" and beefing up security. This could lead to more ships for patrol - perhaps embassies (which ENT could visit) on foreign worlds and diplomatic missions in addition to exploration.

Sarek wasn't born till after the founding of the UFP. :P

Well, like I said, I wasn't sure it would work anyway. And I new that his birth was pretty close to the Foundation of the Federation.