Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

"Enterprise" might be cancelled!

See... this is why I have Sky One... I don't need to worry about some bastard at UPN cancelling Star Trek: Enterprise because I can just tune in to Sky One.

I think a lot of people in Hollywood would love to see the end of Star Trek. They see it as being old and out of ideas. :)

If ENT is cancelled, it will entirely be the fault of Brannon Braga and Rick Berman who have shown inept leadership as the heads of the Trek franchise.

The show has suffered from blatant attempts to appeal to a younger male demographic with gratitous skin and T/A. It's as obvious as it is sad. The low ratings are a symptom of the decline of Trek since around 1994.

By trying to appeal to the more crass viewers, they have actually forgotten about Trek's inherant philosophy of being a character-driven intelligent show.

It's a real shame.

:picard-sith:

I do believe that if ENT gets cancelled, it may work out for the best. One of the reasons the franchise is losing money is becuase it's stale. Too much content in a small amount of time, and people are bored with it now. I'm not speaking for myself or any member of this board, im talking about the general public. Sad to say, the networks are more worried about money than fans nowadays. Thats why Trek needs a little break. A new movie anytime soon would doom the franchise to extinction. And I, personally, wouldn't mind waiting a few years then BAM something totally new and origional. Just my 2 cents..

I'm beginning to think that the threat of cancelation is mute. From what I've heard the two shows that were placed in Enterprise's time slot (Game Over and the Mullets) faired worse than Enterprise reruns. I believe Game Over will move to Friday and the Mullets is gone. I think now Enterprise is more secure now.

Has anyone else heard the rumours of the prequel trilogy? Sounds like total crap.

If it get cancelled I want to see more TOS episodes!!!!!!!

I think they should show more trek movies on fridays

You know what? If they cancel the show UPN will for sure go under. They don't get much viewership as it is. And cancel Enterprise and there will be a lot of massively pissed of Trekkies.

You're right. All the other shows on UPN are pretty bad.

Never anger a Trekkie with a Bat'leth! <_<

If it get cancelled I want to see more TOS episodes!!!!!!!

That won't happen since TOS was cancelled back in 1969, one of the actors has died, and two others have retired from acting. Also, the SCI-FI channel has the rights to airing TOS re-runs.

I think they should show more trek movies on fridays

Agreed, but UPN would rather show, how should I put this... less intelligent movies.

I do believe that if ENT gets cancelled, it may work out for the best.

How? If ENT is cancelled, Trek will be gone for a long time, and if it returns, it'll probably be as a remake or reimagining of TOS. :clap:

One of the reasons the franchise is losing money is becuase it's stale.

I don't think Trek is stale. I've talked to kids and teens about the show, and they all seem to think that it's borring with too much "button pressing" and talking and not enough adventure.

Too much content in a small amount of time, and people are bored with it now.

I disagree. The problem is that non-fans seem to think that all the shows are the same. I know one guy who saw maybe 2 episodes from one Trek show and now thinks that Star Trek is borring. Why not give one of the other shows a chance? Who knows why they don't... Another thing is that with people I know, they've lost interrest in TV watching.

I'm not speaking for myself or any member of this board, im talking about the general public.

Me too. :wub:

Sad to say, the networks are more worried about money than fans nowadays.

Agreed.

Thats why Trek needs a little break.

Agreed again! :wub:

A new movie anytime soon would doom the franchise to extinction.

I think the opposite. If we don't have a new movie soon, that will help kill the franchise. The TNG, DS9, & VOY actors aren't getting any younger... If we wait too long, we won't be able to see a TNG, DS9, nor a VOY movie.

And I, personally, wouldn't mind waiting a few years then BAM something totally new and origional. Just my 2 cents..

I think a 3-year-break would be perfect, and I hope they get to work soon on the 11th movie, whatever it may be about. Yes, a few years (3) would be A OK, I'd be off watching Stargate: Atlantis, then we get and original and new, while in the Trek continuity, TV show. Perhaps with a new production staff, but with Berman & Braga in charge?

I do believe that if ENT gets cancelled, it may work out for the best. One of the reasons the franchise is losing money is becuase it's stale. Too much content in a small amount of time, and people are bored with it now. I'm not speaking for myself or any member of this board, im talking about the general public. Sad to say, the networks are more worried about money than fans nowadays. Thats why Trek needs a little break. A new movie anytime soon would doom the franchise to extinction. And I, personally, wouldn't mind waiting a few years then BAM something totally new and origional. Just my 2 cents..

I agree with what you say, its time to give Trek a rest. It took them THREE SEASON'S before they called it STAR TREK enterprise and that was becouse fans arent watching it. Sorry but I'm not one of the sheep that just follow becouse it has STAR TREK in the ttile.Just look how they have changed the time lines :wub: thats just bad story telling if you ask me......but hey thats just MO :clap:

Edited by Alterego

That sucks. How about creating picket lines at their corporate headquarters.

I agree with what you say, its time to give Trek a rest. It took them THREE SEASON'S before they called it STAR TREK enterprise and that was becouse fans arent watching it. Sorry but I'm not one of the sheep that just follow becouse it has STAR TREK in the ttile.

Agreed I wouldn't watch it just because it has "Star Trek" in the name. I watch Enterprise because it is the best installment in the franchise since The Next Generation.

I agree with what you say, its time to give Trek a rest. It took them THREE SEASON'S before they called it STAR TREK enterprise and that was becouse fans arent watching it. Sorry but I'm not one of the sheep that just follow becouse it has STAR TREK in the ttile.

Agreed I wouldn't watch it just because it has "Star Trek" in the name. I watch Enterprise because it is the best installment in the franchise since The Next Generation.

I'm sorry,I just dont see how Enterprise is better then DS9 or to come to that Voyager,I really have tried to give it a chance,my whole family has tried to give it a chance,but its sooooo bad,most of the storys have been done much better before...ok the only one that I found to be any good was the Borg episode and that's becouse it was more like an x-file episode..........sorry but I for one hope it gets canned before they mess up all of the time lines :picard-sith:

I'm sorry,I just dont see how Enterprise is better then DS9 or to come to that Voyager,I really have tried to give it a chance,my whole family has tried to give it a chance,but its sooooo bad,most of the storys have been done much better before...ok the only one that I found to be any good was the Borg episode and that's becouse it was more like an x-file episode..........sorry but I for one hope it gets canned before they mess up all of the time lines :picard-sith:

I love Enterprise because I feel it is getting back to the days of TOS and TNG where stories did not largely focus on characterisation but concentrate on separate science fiction adventure plotlines. I have also found the level of scripts, direction and acting improved greatly as I actually feel like I care about these characters. But at the end of the day I guess it simply comes down to one's personal views.

If ENT is cancelled, it will entirely be the fault of Brannon Braga and Rick Berman who have shown inept leadership as the heads of the Trek franchise.

The show has suffered from blatant attempts to appeal to a younger male demographic with gratitous skin and T/A. It's as obvious as it is sad. The low ratings are a symptom of the decline of Trek since around 1994.

By trying to appeal to the more crass viewers, they have actually forgotten about Trek's inherant philosophy of being a character-driven intelligent show.

It's a real shame.

:laugh:

What a load of crap!

Enterprise is every bit as good as TNG or DS9 or Voyager for that matter.

The show has suffered from blatant attempts to appeal to a younger male demographic with gratitous skin and T/A.

I think you will find that the demographics have always been aimed towards a young a young male audience, even during the days of TOS where many of the female cast wore mini skirts and green slave girls danced.

I hope ent gets cancelled.

Why? :dude:

Anti-Ent people never give reasons. All I have ever seen of them is quick little "Enterprise Sucks!" and "Throw the show in the can.". Never any reason why.

Back on topic. I think Star Trek could use a break, but not until after Enterprise has finished its way through at the very least five seasons. Seven would be great put, with the hog-nosed penny pinchers at CBS and UPN getting fed up with giving the fans what they want (God forbid, a television company do that!), we might just have to settle. I think that if Enterprise is canceled, there could be a good chance of Enterprise stepping up to make a killing in Cinema. If Braga and Berman cna get a few years to develop some original sci-fi ideas and fine tune them, then we will get some extremely good Star Trek once more.

Why? :P

Anti-Ent people never give reasons. All I have ever seen of them is quick little "Enterprise Sucks!" and "Throw the show in the can.". Never any reason why.

here is 3.reasons why Enterprise Sucks........

1. It took Paramount THREE seasons to put the words STAR TREK before Enterprise, where they ashamed of it?

2. They have messed up the time line so bad,I dont think it will ever recover.Well we now know that it wasnt Picard that first seen the Ferengi it was Archer and his bunch of losers.Are we going to see the Romulan-Federation war or has that been conveniently forgotten.

3. Archer is so lame,he isnt a Captain at all Janeway has more ball's than he dose.Ever time he has a problem he gets someone else to sort it out or goes running to pet his dog.They need a stronger Captain, sorry but Archer sucks big time.......

........just becouse it has Star Trek in the name doesnt mean they can put out crap TV........but hey this is just MO

:o

Edited by Spudgun

Yup i agree they sould cancel it..My reasons are most of what Spud said as well as on my own post

1. It took Paramount THREE seasons to put the words STAR TREK before Enterprise, where they ashamed of it?

2. They have messed up the time line so bad,I dont think it will ever recover.Well we now know that it wasnt Picard that first seen the Ferengi it was Archer and his bunch of losers.Are we going to see the Romulan-Federation war or has that been conveniently forgotten.

3. Archer is so lame,he isnt a Captain at all Janeway has more ball's than he dose.Ever time he has a problem he gets someone else to sort it out or goes running to pet his dog.They need a stronger Captain, sorry but Archer sucks big time.......

........just becouse it has Star Trek in the name doesnt mean they can put out crap TV........but hey this is just MO

:o

Although I disagree with your views (and I'm sure many here do) I respect your right to dislike the show, however if Enterprise was cancelled then it would very likely mean the end of the entire franchise, networks would be even less likely to want to take on any further Star Trek television shows and it would make future movie production less likely as well. So whether you like or dislike the show any Star Trek fan shouldn't want to see the premature end of this incarnation for fear that it would send the bricks crashing down from the whole frachise.

Rick Berman wanted to drop "Star Trek" from the 5th series title, figuring people should know if it's Trek or not by now. He wanted a name that says STAR TREK without saying it, thus we have ENTERPRISE. Personally, I liked the idea of tropping Trek from the title. It was the lame UPN suits who wanted the show changed to Star Trek: Enterprise to help the show... promoting it would be a better asset though. :o

The timeline has not been messed up. It was slightly alterred by ST:FC which lead to the NX-01 being called "Enterprise" and the episode "Regeneration", but not much else beyond that. As for the Ferengi, who said Picard was the first to see thm? No one did. Picard made official "first contact", but it was not said that he was the first to see them. :lol: Berman has talked about doing the "formation of the Federation" arc on the show, beginning it next season. So, seeing the Earth-Romulan war is likely. Also, you complain about continuity, yet you say the Romulan-Federation war, which never happened. :o

Archer being lame is an opinion. Look at his rank pips. He is a Captain. I'm going to ignore your sexual remark. I've never seen him run to Porthos when in a bad situation. Which episodes are you referring to? As for running to others when in a situation, again, provide episode examples. Archer is not the best captain, I'll agree with you there, but he is the first. He doens't have previous captains nor experrience to fall back on.

It's not crap TV. That's your opinion. I enjoy Enterprise a lot and it's one of my 2 favorite TV shows. :(

Yup i agree they sould cancel it..My reasons are most of what Spud said as well as on my own post

If they cancel ENT, you cay say goodbye to Trek. :)

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Yup i agree they should cancel it..My reasons are most of what Spud said as well as on my own post

If they cancel ENT, you cay say goodbye to Trek. 

Then Goodbye TREK..see you in a few years when you get a revamp

Yup i agree they should cancel it..My reasons are most of what Spud said as well as on my own post

What makes you assume Star Trek would come back if one of it's shows was cancelled?

It is very likely that if Enterprise was cancelled before a natural end then it would be doubtful any network would take on another new Trek show.

There won't be a revamp. You'll either see a remake of TOS or a complete "reboot" to the franchise. I would not consider either to be Trek, so for me, Trek would be gone for good, thanks to the ENT bashers. :o

I dont see how canceling Enterprise is going to end Star Trek,you mean to say that taking Enterprise of the air is going to stop people from buy Star Trek stuff ie: Books,DVD's,Toys be real that ent going to happen,so the end of a not up to much show will bring down every thing...oh my there goes the Star Trek Experience, the new Borg invasion 4D, the fan magazine and the franchise all becouse they canned the show.......I dont think so

the more you watch it the more you are telling TPTB that you want more of the crap..sorry not for me

I have loved Star Trek from TOS to VOY,but I cant get into that show,I have tried,but it isnt Star Trek......even the Vulcans arent Vulcan........ :o

I dont see how canceling Enterprise is going to end Star Trek,you mean to say that taking Enterprise of the air is going to stop people from buy Star Trek stuff ie: Books,DVD's,Toys be real that ent going to happen,so the end of a not up to much show will bring down every thing...oh my there goes the Star Trek Experience, the new Borg invasion 4D, the fan magazine and the franchise all becouse they canned the show.......I dont think so

the more you watch it the more you are telling TPTB that you want more of the crap..sorry not for me

I have loved Star Trek from TOS to VOY,but I cant get into that show,I have tried,but it isnt Star Trek......even the Vulcans arent Vulcan........ :o

If Enterprise gets cancelled do you really believe that it won't have an effect on the whole franchise?

If a modern Star Trek show were to be cancelled then networks are very likely to look at that factor when deciding if they want to take on any future Star Trek series, and it would be unlikely that the said network would be willing to take a risk on a franchise that had it's last series cancelled prematurely.

I'm not suggesting that anyone has to watch the show if they don't want to, however there does seem to be a minority who call for Enterprise's cancelation but don't understand the degree of overall longterm damage that it would cause to the franchise's credability.

If Enterprise gets cancelled do you really believe that it won't have an effect on the whole franchise?

If a modern Star Trek show were to be cancelled then networks are very likely to look at that factor when deciding if they want to take on any future Star Trek series, and it would be unlikely that the said network would be willing to take a risk on a franchise that had it's last series cancelled prematurely.

I'm not suggesting that anyone has to watch the show if they don't want to, however there does seem to be a minority who call for Enterprise's cancelation but don't understand the degree of overall longterm damage that it would cause to the franchise's credability.

you wrote "If a modern Star Trek show were to be cancelled then networks are very likely to look at that factor when deciding if they want to take on any future Star Trek series" well the BBC hasnt brought Enterprise and they have the rights for TOS,TNG,DS9 and VOY isnt that saying anything,even Channel 4 only show it at 2am in the morning.....its doing Trek more harm then good keeping it going.......but I think they will make it for the full 7 years,then that will kill whats left of Star Trek........

I dont see how canceling Enterprise is going to end Star Trek

No ENT = no new episodes - thus Trek has ended.

you mean to say that taking Enterprise of the air is going to stop people from buy Star Trek stuff ie: Books,DVD's,Toys

If Trek goes off the air, books and DVD's will continue to sale, but items like Trek toys will likely go out of production.

be real that ent going to happen,so the end of a not up to much show will bring down every thing...oh my there goes the Star Trek Experience, the new Borg invasion 4D, the fan magazine and the franchise all becouse they canned the show.......I dont think so

Actually, a lot of Trek products, with the exceptions of books and DVD's will likely go out of production. The "experrience" and Borg Invasion 4D might stay. What about the fan magazine? It's likely that with no new Trek to write about that it may go out of print after a year or two. It won't happen right after cancellation, but within 5 years, Trek will be gone.

I find that insulting. I do not want more crap. I want quallity TV in the form of ENT.

I have loved Star Trek from TOS to VOY,but I cant get into that show,I have tried,but it isnt Star Trek......even the Vulcans arent Vulcan........ :P

The show is called Star Trek: Enterprise and is based upon Star Trek, created by Gene Roddenberry. That makes it Trek. The Vulcans are Vulcans, other wise they wouldn't be called Vulcans. :o