Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Quotes From Things,

Here's one my mother-in-law just sent me, I love it! :lol:

God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece

Here's one my mother-in-law just sent me, I love it! :hand:

God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece

OUCH, but the original is always the best, and most valuable. :lol:

I have some more quotes to add:

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former - Albert Einstien.

Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics, I can assure you mine are still greater - Albert Eistein.

Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and atonish the rest - Mark Twain.

A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its pants - Mark Twain.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much - Oscar Wilde.

A discovery is said to be an accident meeting a prepared mind - Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi.

He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare,

And he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere - Ali ibn-Abi-Talib.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth - Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away - Antoine de Saint Exupery.

The secret of success is to know something nobody else does - Aristotle Onassis.

Use what talents what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except for those that sang best - Henry Van Dyke.

What really matters is what you do with what you have - Shirley Lord

A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do - Walter Gagehot.

A professional is a person who can do his/her best at a time when he doesn't particularly feel like it - Alistair Cooke

I have heaps of others to add, maybe at another time.

Madam Captain out!!

Well, since some of the quotes above were repeated by different posters, I see that I am no the only one to not read long postings of quote after quote after quote.

I will give a few from my mother, who probably got them from someone else.

1) There is never a good reason to hate.

( We were not allowed to say we hate anybody when we were children. As adults we pretty much don't hate.)

2) If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

( That one did not stick. We were spanked as kids when what we said was negative..now our mother tries to just get us to stop talking.... ;) )

3) Take your brother with you.

( We had to play with each other...we could not only play with friends. Now the siblings are friends.)

4) Remember this. Wherever you go, whatever you do, you represent your father.

( Made us consider that it is never just about us...what we do always affects those who care about us!)

Well, mom is coming to visit with me for a month! I am glad. I appreiciate the way she and dad raised us. February 20 was the first annivesary of my dad's passing, and this will be her first trip away from home since then.

well heres one, thats not mine, but not sure whose

"no man has loved, that loved not at first sight."

to this i think is true

and heres one thats mine

"you've gotta be a little insane, to stay sane, in this insane world"

i forgot one

"The pieces will eventually fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason..."

this ones from a friend

A quote from my sister about me.

my sister, the evil butt-kicker who scares everyone

LMAO! :o *hugs Gabri*

*is hugged* But it's so true! It's dangerous to get on your bad side. :o

Oooh, and to stay on topic: Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. -Mark Twain

*is hugged* But it's so true! It's dangerous to get on your bad side.  :o

Oooh, and to stay on topic: Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. -Mark Twain

Are you insinuating I have a temper? devil.gif Love the quote BTW.

*is hugged* But it's so true! It's dangerous to get on your bad side.  :o

Are you insinuating I have a temper? devil.gif Love the quote BTW.

Insinuate, nothing. That's the cold, hard truth of the matter. Good thing I'm the older sister. :o

How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese? -Charles de Gaulle

Another great quote Gabri, now I'm quoting you again. :o

I just made Lieutenant J.G.!!!!!! I have at last shed the shame of ensignhood - my sister

Another great quote Gabri, now I'm quoting you again. :o

I just made Lieutenant J.G.!!!!!! I have at last shed the shame of ensignhood - my sister

And to think, it only took me the better part of a year. :o

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -Douglas Adams

If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,

try orderin' somebody else's dog around.

-Unknown

How Many People Know Any Good Quotes? i know a few....

Note: Things In Italic Are Quotes, Things Not, The Person(s) That Said Them.

Click for Spoiler:

I'm Not As Stupid As You Look Wyatt Earp And The Pale Man Shall Come On Horseback, And Hell Shall Follow Him Revelations (not sure if thats correct, but pretty close) Death. Thy Name Is Whiskey Unknown. Another Version Is Death, Thy Name Is Women Not Sure Which one. To Sleep The Sleep Of Enternity, Is To Be Wed To The Darkness Unknown(shakespeare, i think). Make A Deal With The Devil, And You Might As Well Kill Yourself Uknown A Sucker/Fool is Born Every Minute Me Live, And Let Live Unknown (Again, shakespeare, i think) Don't Involve Yourself In Other Affairs Unknown Silence Becomes All Things Unknown And From The Sands Came A Plague Of Locusts, And Fire Rained Down The Bible

ok, i could go on for ..... a little more, but anyways. These are most of the quotes i know! some of them, i cant remember where i heard em, so i put Unknown, but i tried to remember where i heard them all.  Do you have any quotes? tell me about em!

Note: All Quotes here Can Be used on anything, i don't own them.

One of my favourite quotes is from the Muppets:

"For you....

I'd wash my hair in stinky glue

I'd fry my legs and eat them too

I'd put a spider in my shoe..!

For you!!!"

--Gonzo the Great

i got a hole in me now, yeah i got a scar i can talk about.........some things in this world man, they dont make sense, somethings you dont need tiill they leave you, then their the things that you miss.

best part from BRIGHT LIGHTS, MATCHBOX TWENTY

"A real friend is someone who knows everything about you but loves you anyway".........dont know who said it i saw it a few days ago and since then i have been putting it in spoliers from time to time.

Edited by hangon

"The man may be the head of the house, but the woman is the neck. And she can turn the head any way she wants. - Maria Portokalos"

Remember that one when you get married ladies, it's so true. :blink:

"The man may be the head of the house, but the woman is the neck. And she can turn the head any way she wants. - Maria Portokalos"

Remember that one when you get married ladies, it's so true.  :blink:

I think i better write that one down you never know when it might come in handy :blink:

Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. - Margaret Thatcher

I have a few quotes.....

This is my favorite....

" I don't bite......Well, thats wrong; i do bite."

K'Ehleyr to Worf.

"Sometimes, number one, you just have to bow to the absurd."

Picard to Riker ( obviously )

"Dont be afraid of your darker side. H ave fun with it."

Troi to Riker.

"Sir, i protest. i am not a merry man."

Worf to Picard.

Here's a few more......

"The butt you kick today, maybe the butt you need to kiss tomorow."