• Diamond
    • Emerald
    • Ruby
    • Sapphire
    • Pearl
    • Opal
    • Onyx
    • other

So what is your favorite? I love sapphire's - I can't believe I'm the only kid of four not born in September - they all got sapphires as their birthstone. I liked diamonds too and pearls and opals. I'm voting pearl.

I love the Saphire. Elronds ring had a saphire in it. Saphires are said to control water and I love water swiming, showering, drinking it. Its blue color is so beautful and it amazes me for some reason.

My favourite are Rubys.

Seconed are Sapphires.

Third are Pearl.

Fourth are Diamond.

Edited by thedoctor

As a little kid, I collected gem stones. How bad is that. :huh:

I have to go with Delta. I'm not a big fan of purple, but Amethyst is pretty nice. I dunno, Tiger's Eye might be my favorite, but I can't remember many others right now.

Emerald, for two really good reasons.

A) It is my birthstone

B ) my favorite color is green :huh:

Other birthstones I really like: garnet (January's birthstone), Amethyst (especially in its geode form!!), Fire Opal, sapphire, pearl, blue topaz is pretty(better than yellow topaz anyhow).

Non birthstone ones I like: quartz(pretty much all colors), agate, jade, turquoise, tourmaline(even though it is pink, is kind of interesting), tiger's eye, star sapphire, star ruby.

I know quite a list there, but I like collecting rocks and stones(geology is one of the many sciences I like). Actually, that is something that runs in my mom's side of the family. Most of my current collection I actually inherited from my grandmother.

Oh, I though of another neat one...Sunstones.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

DIAMONDS !

Two reasons:

1. It's my birthstone

2. Diamonds are a girl's best friend :huh:

My second favorite stones are rubies and garnets. I love the deep rich red. Garnets in a gold setting - very pretty. Garnet and Gold is also my alma mater's colors. :dude:

I had to vote other... because my fave is amethyst... purple is my favorite color! But there's something special about diamonds.... :eek:

Opal. Just a preference.

Me too but with reason, imo no other gem stone comes close to exhibiting the depth of character that an Opal does, sure all others have pretty colors but with an opal you get features to look at as well as a variety of colors.

If I had to pick a monochromatic stone as a second favorite it would be Tanzanite.

Side note but gem related; if you want to get the best deals (up to 85% or more off retail!) on Gems of Investment Quality (loose and mounted) stones & jewlery then imo you cant beat http://ACNtv.com (the link is working now!) Want more info NOW? Call 1-865-470-2900 and ask for customer service or call 1-865-693-8471 ext 2500 Call you local cable co to find out if they carry ACNtv and when it airs in your area.

Edited by Alterego