Sign in to follow this  
Mike

DVD Season Sets

A couple more weeks to go before Voyager's 1st season DVD set is released..I gotta say, I'm getting anxious for this event. Like DS9 I haven't seen much of Voyager during it's original airing..So I am sure that I will go right out and buy it..I expect it to be good but I don't see how it can top DS9..That show is fantastic..And I still need to buy TNG's seasons 5-7 on DVD..There is something that I am confused about..I am able to buy DS9 and VOY season sets for under $100 each...But why are the TNG season sets selling for $125 each ??..I just don't get what the difference is..

Edited by spacetigger

From where I buy my season box sets the price of both TNG & DS9 were $99 each season with reservation but the VOY sets with reservation will be $119 each.

I gave away our entire VOY series on VHS so at the moment I haven't a single episode of VOY in the house. This is the first time in like 15 years I could not, if I wanted to, watch any (produced) episode of Trek that I wished to. :clap:

Edited by Alterego

From where I buy my season box sets the price of both TNG & DS9 were $99 each season with reservation but the VOY sets with reservation will be $119 each.

Amazing..Seems to me that they should all be the same price..Oh well..What's an extra $20...They're worth it..Can't wait for Voyager.. :clap:

Guest Ktrek

Spacetigger,

If you have a local Sam Goody or Suncoast the reserve price is $99.00. I'm sure BestBuy will have them for $99. There are online sites where you can get them cheaper. Amazon preorder price was around $92. I would change distributors if I were you. Also, to complete your TNG sets if you have a credit card and can purchase through PayPal you should check out the DVD section on Ebay every day. I have recently seen sets with no bids as low as $29. You just have to be patient.

Ktrek

Edited by Ktrek

I have a local Wal-Mart which sells them for about $100. Sadly, they only cary the first season of TNG, which I have, while having most of the DS9 seasons. Currently, I only have TNG Season 1, but I hope to get two more next month for my birthday. Hopefully, DS9 season 1 and VOY season 1. :huh:

Good idea Ktrek. I do check EBAY often. I haven't hit it quite right yet..I usually buy my season sets at Best Buy and I'm still baffled why TNG season sets are more expensive..Even at Amazon.com they are more expensive than the others. And then add the shipping costs on top of that..Oh well. It's not cheap being a trekkie. :huh: .