Sign in to follow this  
master_q

"Top 25 worst films of all time...."

According to TrekToday the Australian Empire Magazine has placed Star Trek: Nemesis in the top 25 worst films of all time.

splash_top_center.jpg

Australian Empire Magazine ~ Click Here

TrekToday ~ Click Here

Agree/Disagree? (Why?/Why not?)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

According to TrekToday the Australian Empire Magazine has placed Star Trek: Nemesis in the top 25 worst films of all time.

splash_top_center.jpg

Australian Empire Magazine ~ Click Here

TrekToday ~ Click Here

Agree/Disagree? (Why?/Why not?)

Master Q

I partly agree with that. NEMISIS is by far the worst Star trek movie for me, but I don't believe it should belong on a "Top 25 worst films of all time...." list. Even though it wasn't the best Trek movie doesn't mean I don't like it.

What are the films?  The first link won't work.  Would someone be kind enough to post a list of the 25 films?

The link didn't work for me either. The link at TrekToday is also broken.

Disagree. There have been many films made that are far worse than Nemesis. It can't even be called the worst Star Trek movie because Star Trek V takes that title IMO.

On the Internet Movie Database, no Star Trek film falls within their worse 100 list. (Of course, no Star Trek film falls within the top 250 but that's not too bad).

Here are the imdb ratings each Star Trek film:

ST II TWOK: 7.5/10

STFC: 7.3/10

ST IV TVH: 7.1/10

ST VI TUH: 6.9/10

STN: 6.5/10

STI: 6.3/10

ST III SFS: 6.2/10

STG: 6.1/10

ST TMP: 5.7/10

ST V TFF: 4.7/10

i agree.. nemisis wasnt well made plus it was a rip off of john logans excalbur. he used stuff from one of his other movies and put it in nem! like come on how cheap is that! i fels kinda ripped off after i saw it plus they killed off data my favorite character. some of the movie was fine.. but i think the majority was pretty bad.

Nemesis was a warmed over STII clone...they should have dropped the "Shinzon and Remans" bit and had a straight up Romulan problem...that would have made a much better movie.

There have been so many bad movies made that I doubt even Battlefield Earth would have made it into the worst 25 and it was a stinker. I couldn't get the article but they're obviously of limited exposure.

I would agree with the fact that there are a lot worse movies out there.

Nemesis (IMO) is not a great movie but it is a long way from the worst films of all time. Even if we only looked at science-fiction films as a specific restriction I still would not put Nemesis in there

Master Q

I think if you look at it from a Sociological point of view, Nemesis has one hit against it already: it's a Star Trek Movie. weather good or not, the average population will say Star Trek sucks, therefor this movie sucks. the storyline itself wasn't great, and some of the diologue was....blah at best. but, Star Trek Nemesis does't come close to being in the top 25 of worst films of all time. Gigli on the other hand...

Nemesis definately doesn't belong on any worst film list. It may have been the worst Star Trek film but it was still enjoyable.

Shouldn't the list be made up of B-movies? :b-day:

I definitely wouldn't consider "Star Trek: Nemesis" a B-movie...

Click For Spoiler
bmovlogo.jpg
post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif Edited by drwho42

Anything with "Star Trek" in it's title should never be on any "worst films ever" list. The closest that should be toward wfe is The Motion Picture. Vaguely interresting story-line and it was rather long and drawn-out. Not to mention that it was basically used to show off the latest special-effects of the time.

I had no plans at all to see Nemesis. My favorite character, Deanna Troi I read went through a sex scene. That turned me wayy off and from this film.

They should and I hoped they included F/9-11. That film by that Liberal, Michael Moore is a liar by a mile and a half. :naughty:

I find it extremely hard to believe that Nemisis is in the top 25. Movies have been made for the last 70 years at least and it is extremely unlikely that this one could make it on the list. Sure, it wasn't great. But it wasn't that bad.

I can think of 25 movies worse then Nemesis, so no, not one of the 25 worst movies of all time, but definitely the worst Star Trek movie ever made. I don't even like to think of it as Star Trek it was that bad IMO.

I liked Nemesis. I can think of 4 other Star Trek movies I liked less.

I think whoever voted it one of the top 25 worse obviously haven't seen a lot of bad movies. I can think of hundreds and no Star Trek movies would be on my list.

Disagree, I can think of other films that could have taken its place.

Though it is by far not my favorite TNG movie, I did not think it was particularly bad. And especially not bad enough to make an "all times worst" movie list.

Disagree.

Yeah it was a bad trek movie IMO but calling it one of the 25 worst movies is kinda harsh. :frusty:

I also disagree. Its not the best Star Trek movie. It doesn't belong in top 25 worst films of all time.

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes was worse. I actually liked Battlefield Earth.

I really liked Nemesis, although it is down on the list amon Star Trek movies.

No, I do not believe Nemesis is one of the 25 worst movies made.

According to user ratings on the Internet Movie Database. These are the 25 worst films ever made in order:

Daniel - Der Zauberer (2004)

SuperBabies: Baby Geniuses 2 (2004)

Stjerner uden hjerner (1997)

'Manos' the Hands of Fate (1966)

Wild World of Batwoman, The (1966)

Nuevos extraterrestres, Los (1983)

Future War (1997)

From Justin to Kelly (2003)

Space Mutiny (1988)

Girl in Gold Boots (1969)

Night Train to Mundo Fine (1966)

Eegah (1962)

You Got Served (2004)

Troll 2 (1990)

Hobgoblins (1987)

Backyard Dogs (2000)

Santa with Muscles (1996)

Werewolf (1996)

Glitter (2001)

Going Overboard (1989)

Police Academy: Mission to Moscow (1994)

Gigli (2003)

Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie (1997)

Uomo puma, L' (1980)

Kazaam (1996)

Ooh, there are some real stinkers in there and nary a Trek film to be seen.

Future War (1997) 

Space Mutiny (1988)

Girl in Gold Boots (1969)

Eegah (1962)

283082[/snapback]

:assimilated: I think I remember seeing those four being on Mystery Science Theater 3000...

But I remember “Space Mutiny” and “Future War” better. :unsure:

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

Edited by DrWho42