Sign in to follow this  
Mofo Jones

"Harbinger" Preview

I was watching the preview for this after "Strategem" and saw the alien in sickbay

Click for Spoiler:

and am I the only person who thinks that was a Suliban?

Click for Spoiler:

i heard that the alien is actually someone else....but he is deterioating throughout the episode.....i wound assume that at that stage he is on his last legs...

Well positives and negatives about the preview.

Positives:

Reed character development

BOOYAH! It's about time Reed got something serious to do.

More MACOs

They've been on the ship since the beginning of the season, yet they've appeared only semi-sporadically.

Negatives:

Click for Spoiler:

Hooboy. To quote the everlasting words "here we go again."

<rant>

1: Trip & T'pol (and sex in general on Enterprise)

Hokay, I can take relationships. I highly encourage them. Wonderful thing to have a relationship with someone, does your heart good, etc. Only thing is, Trip and T'pol don't have one. The only thing they've been doing together is the occasional massage session, and I would point out that both have said that these sessions are rather sporadic (both Trip & T'pol have mentioned missing multiple sessions.). My main point is, you want romance? ESTABLISH IT! Show some neat moments between the characters. The whole concept that T'pol will lure Trip into her apartment, or enter his, strip herself, and demand that they "go at it" is ludicrous and un-Vulcanish (except possibly in Pon Farr). Tisn't love, it's animal lust, plain and simple. A thing which Vulcans are supposed to repress, if I'm not mistaken.

And what is up with that buttshot? This is TV-PG, people!

</rant>

2. This is only a slight negative. It looks like this story is "on the way" to Azati Prime. AARRRGH! The suspense is killing me!

EDIT: Sorry I forgot about the spoiler tags.

Click for Spoiler:

And yeah, that could be a Suliban, and it would be really neat if it is.

Edited by CaptQuick

<rant>

Trip & T'pol (and sex in general on Enterprise)

Hokay, I can take relationships. I highly encourage them.  Wonderful thing to have a relationship with someone, does your heart good, etc.  Only thing is, Trip and T'pol don't have one.  The only thing they've been doing together is the occasional massage session, and I would point out that both have said that these sessions are rather sporadic (both Trip & T'pol have mentioned missing multiple sessions.).  My main point is, you want romance? ESTABLISH IT!  Show some neat moments between the characters.  The whole concept that T'pol will lure Trip into her apartment, or enter his, strip herself, and demand that they "go at it" is ludicrous and un-Vulcanish (except possibly in Pon Farr).  Tisn't love, it's animal lust, plain and simple.  A thing which Vulcans are supposed to repress, if I'm not mistaken. ...

I'm guessing her Vulcan physiology is being affected by the expanse or maybe she's being affected by her Panar syndrome. They definitely don't have a relationship. Of course I did note the Maco has short dark hair and the way those images shot past it was hard to tell who was in what scene. I think I'll be staying up late Wed. rather than taping

PICTURE OF ALIEN

Click for Spoiler:

I see the resemblance.

The alien does look like it could be Suliban. It also resembles the aliens in "Unexpected."

Looks to be an exciting ep all around. What can I say? The sex doesn't bother me. It's about time somebody on the ship hooked up and TPTB stopped teasing with decon like that was the be all end all of sexuality. I have a feeling that poor Trip's going to get his heart broken though. Maybe, though, that's the point of the first human/Vulcan alliance. Misunderstandings and such. It could be a decent story if it's not just a one off, get your rocks off experience. I'll be interested to see how it plays out.

It dosen't bother me either. :clap: We know Humans and Vulcans must have been doing it so somebody has to get the ball rolling and it may as well be them two.

----------------------------

We watched Birthright last night and guess what? Buttshot! Why is it people forget those things and only pick on ENT???

As for anyones nitpicks about not seeing the relationship grow on screen I don't mind, I consider (some) Trek novels to be canon ( :wub: ) so I'll catch up on those details once my very respected Trek Authors decide the time has come to start writing them.

IT CANT BE A SULIBAN....i think they will be phasing them out (didnt Jerry Flick die? wasnt he Silik?)

No Jerry Fleck was the first assistant director.

"John Fleck" plays Silik.

Anyone wanna see the "female sell" version of the Harbinger promo? :huh: It's a shorter clip. You can right click and save, or let it load up on your PC. Your computer may not recognize the .m1s tag--just tell it that you'd like to use Windows Media Player to open it. I've got to admit it. It's romantic. It's hot. I have complete faith that the killer bees will find a way to screw it up, but this preview puts anything that ENT has tried to pretend is sexy to date to shame. I am serious. I know a few ladies who were devoted Archer/T'Pol "shippers" and even they admitted it was hot. The look on Connor's face is priceless. It's not lascivious. He is in awe of this woman. TPTB will find a way to mess it up in the long run, I'm sure, but this is gooooood. :dude:

http://mirror.vidiot.com/Enterprise/movie/...2003-21-30F.m1s

Edited by MoulinRouge