Sign in to follow this  
BorgAssimilator

Nemesis Was The Coolest Movie Ever!

I liked Nemesis. I dont think it was flawless but I have seen a lort owrse on the screen recently. I really think the tptb did not pay a lot of attenetion to detail or character developement in the movie.

I have posted about it a few times before. So rather than going into details again, I will say that I liked Nemesis...will forever dislike the ending(again, for reasons I have posted about countless times before...here and the very very brief time I was at ST.com), but liked it nonetheless.

I usually rank it as # 2 of the TNG films, but in complete honesty the other three all switch around spots #2 through #4 from time to time. It ranks not too much different when I add in TOS. Only you add TWOK & TVH into the top five(tying with one of the TNG films.)

One that will NEVER change is my #1 pick, even when I add in the TOS films...First Contact is the best Trek film.

Nemesis would've been good if it weren't for:

• The lame direction
  • The script, which may have been better if it had involved more dialogue and explanation for the Rommulan's plan
  • The weak acting by a group who seemed to be more in it for the payout this time
  • The dependence on lighting (or lack thereof) and special effects instead of plot
  • The pointless ending
  • The money I had to spend and time wasted on it
  • The ridiculous glasses they were wearing in the car (why the heck would they worry so much about their eyes and not wear helmets???)

Come to think of it, no, it couldn't have been a good movie. If it were, it wouldn't have been Nemesis, but a completely different movie.

Oh, yeah, all IMO.

Edited by Red Shirt Volunteer

Nemesis is certainly at the bottom of my list of fav Star Trek movies..It's just about killed off any future Trek movies..Though I'm still holding out hope for that..The only movie I thought was worse was 'Insurrection' IMO..Believe it or not I even like ST 1 and ST V better..That said, it is a Star Trek movie and I have seen it a couple of times..I hate the ending..That's painful..Do you mean to tell me that crew spent all those years with Data and that's the best they could say about him ? 1 lame story by Riker and he couldn't even remember the tune Data was trying to whistle..I have a problem with Geordi not saying anything..Data was supposed to be his best friend thru the series..I also didn't like how the movie seemed to be all about Picard and Data..Geordi, Crusher and Worf didn't have much to do..Seems like they cut out too many character moments out of the movie. Oh, and what about that scene where Picard and Riker say goodbye ? Don't you think there should have been a little more emotion there ??

I did have high hopes for Nemesis..But it was a real disappointment for me..I just hope it didn't kill any future Trek movie opportunities..

Nemesis is certainly at the bottom of my list of fav Star Trek movies..It's just about killed off any future Trek movies..Though I'm still holding out hope for that..The only movie I thought was worse was 'Insurrection' IMO..Believe it or not I even like ST 1 and ST V better..

ST, our tastes are so different. I loved Insurrection...especially the idea of a perfect moment in time, and being able to make such moments linger.

I also liked Nemesis.....one of the few times I felt sorry for Picard. The era of the TNG Enterprise crew being together was ending....Picard was losing his family. I thought it was a well-told tale, centering on that theme.

:huh: :picard-sith::laugh: i liked it for the most part. i agree it would have been better if frakes was in charge, but what's done is done!

I think it was a good movie not the best ST movie but it was still very good

:tank: :tomcat: :tank:

:picard-sith:

The only problem I had with the movie was the lame director who knew nothing about Star Trek and his desire to include a "mind rape" scene while Riker and Troi were preparing to do the naughty. :b-day: (They weren't actually doing the naughty yet as Troi was covered with a sheet.)

I think that a 2 1/2 hour special edition could totally save this movie. Change it from the Picard/Data show to an ensemble cast, and it'd be a great Trek movie. :blink:

nemesis was cool ,but it was kinda sad when data died..it would be cool see janeway on voyager in movie even be cooler .If in movie they have some people from enterprize on it..show how voyager got where it is..

I liked Nemesis. The second Trek movie I've watched (FC first). But I didn't like Data dying :lol: You have no idea how hateful and angry I was days after seeing that movie. Wouldn't it have been more impactful if Picard died? He wasn't one of the best captains.

I liked Star Trek: Nemesis, although I know the reasons why people disliked it...

I know that the Argo being kinda primitive, and I doubt they were being nostalgic for land-vehicles... ...Ending where Data died also seemed a bit pointless, I guess, although B-4 isn't bothering me...

It would have been nice to see Lwaxana Troi (I guess she was on Betazed), and Ambassador Spock... Although I guess Spock was attending other duties, and I would have hated it if he fell victim to Thalaron radiation....

Darkness didn't bother me, and over-all, I still like the film...

Along with Star Trek: Insurrection...

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Edited by drwho42

I dunno, Nemesis was ok, for the first time around. But for replay value, it's just not there for me. I could replay all of Insurrection but not this. I just thought it had too much action and not enough character development and plot. And was it me or did it look like Data doesn't have his emotion chip?

I disliked Nemesis but it was recently shown here in the UK on TV for the first time. I was surprised how much more I enjoyed it on the small screen. I still was unhappy with the story and that scene on the desert planet still looks awful but it really was much better on TV - I wonder why that would be? I had the same reaction to the first Superman movie.

Nemesis was alright, but I didn't really like the ending. It was kind of depressing because Data dies and most of the crew goes their separate ways. No more TNG movies. :laugh:

abysmal soundtrack.

252570[/snapback]

How can you say that?! I thought the soundtrack was amazing and fitted the film perfectly. The "Final flight" theme and the music played when the Enterprise rams the Scimitar are brilliant!

I don't think Nemesis was stellar, but it was watchable. The soundtrack was also quite bearable, if I do say so myself. Maybe it was the whol Stuart Baird direction that turned it into a very bad action film. But hey, everyone's got their own opinion. The Voyage Home and one of the other ones -- burn me for forgetting -- were my favourites =D

Nemesis was good in some ways and it was also terrible in other ways. I like the battle scenes between ships. I do notice that when we lost Data, the scenes weren't as emotionally stirring as scenes from DS9 where Dax was lost or baby changling died.

Overall, Nemesis had a darker tone. It wasn't as bright or cheerful. It cerrtainly lack good humour.

Shinzon was a very original villian. Does anyone know what else the actors done?

Every time I watch Nemesis, I like it more and more. I have a definite love of the Reman Predator, and also of Dina Meyer. She could take me prisoner any time. B)

Also Dina Meyer's ship the Valdor. I love this ship!

Click For Spoiler
st-nemesis-valdore-small.jpg
Edited by RikerChick

Yeah Shinzon was good, probably as good as Khan.

Does anyone know why young Picard and Shinzon never kept any hair? Was it their choice or genetics? I thought with improved medical science, Dr. Crusher would have made Picard's hair grow. Then I'm sure my dad would love to meet Crusher.

Yeah Shinzon was good, probably as good as Khan.

Does anyone know why young Picard and Shinzon never kept any hair? Was it their choice or genetics? I thought with improved medical science, Dr. Crusher would have made Picard's hair grow. Then I'm sure my dad would love to meet Crusher.

258480[/snapback]

Actually I don't see why Picard doesn't have hair in his cadet picture. If you watch Tapestry (TNG) you see that Picard has a full head of hair in his fight with the Nausicaans.

I think it was a good movie not the best ST movie but it was still very good

:tank:  :tomcat:  :tank:

:(

239679[/snapback]

True enough. This movie is a perfect example of what happen when an outsider is brought in to write a Star Trek script and an outsider who directed it. I blame Berman and company for turning out such a laim film. This movie had all sorts of errors and way too much familiar elements in it. The crew praised the writing but I think they are just a little more than window dressing. I am willing to bet if they had given the director's chair to experienced directors already on hand - re Jonathan Frakes, Gates MacFadden and Levar Burton, this movie would turn out differently.

I am willing to bet if they had given the director's chair to experienced directors already on hand - re Jonathan Frakes, Gates MacFadden and Levar Burton, this movie would turn out differently.

273717[/snapback]

Welcome back digifan!

Then how do we explain the failure of INS, Frakes directing didn't save it. I think good WRITING is the key to success.

I did have high hopes for Nemesis..But it was a real disappointment for me..I just hope it didn't kill any future Trek movie opportunities..

231108[/snapback]

In fact, it made it extremely difficult to convince Paramount to fund another Trek movie. For the first time a Trek movie lost a major amount of money.

Nemesis cost about $93 million ($60 million in production cost and $33 million in marketing cost) and its total gross was $67 million ($43 million domestic and $24 million overseas)

After a $26 million hit to the pocket book, would you be so quick to fund the next one. :(

I thought Nemesis rocked! It's one of my favorite movies.

My favorite lines: Data (I'm not positive it goes exactly this way, but...): I fail to understand the human predeliction for travelling at un-safe velocities."

Picard: (Laughs :) )

Clasic!