Sign in to follow this  
BaronessTrisha

A Star for "Scottie"

Hi!

I'm just letting everyone know about a chance to help Jimmy Doohan get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. We are hoping to reach our goal before June 2004. For more information on how you can contribute please refer to our web site at:

http://www.isff.org/paypalscotty.htm .

As Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott of the Star Ship Enterprise, he always came through for his captain and crew. Now let's come through for him!

Many thanks for your support!

Trisha

CO, USS Richthofen

http://www.ussredbaron.org

Edited by Alterego

A great idea..! I was really surprised that he is the only original series cast member not to have a star. There's something wrong with that..He needs a star too..We can make this happen if we all just donate a small amount..It's for Scotty's Star after all..!!!

Scotty with out a star? not possible. He saved the ship more times then i can count.

I read about this and was very annoyed with James Doohan. The star doesnt cost the earth and he can easily afford it. Instead he is milking some poor fan for the money. The person to donate the money can 'go to the ceremony'. Big whoop. I think that he is being really tight and exploitative: pay it yourself Doohan!!!

I read here about a convention which includes a fundraiser for this purpose. This convention is also being billed as Jimmy Doohan's final appearance. :)

I think its sad that he does not have a star on the Holleywood walk of fame..I also think it is sad that Promethueus thinks that James is still rich.I don't think he has worked in awile.i also think (by his last televsion apearence at the TV land award) that he is very sick and Doctors bill could be high and wht not..

He is a great character actor and War hero.And should be remebered as such

well i dont no whether he has money or not, nor do i know how sick he is if he is at all... and i can see both sides to the arguement.. i dont know what to say.. the computer im on right now is terrible and doesnt work very well. C'est la vie ill post back later telling all of you what i think of getting scotty a star