Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "Stratagem"?

What rating would you give "Stratagem" out of 10?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Stratagem" out of 10?

Hey it's your favorite Captain here to ask you what you thought of your favorite show (or at least close to favorite)

I voted 7 out of 10; a good vote from me. Read the spoiler to find out more!

Click for Spoiler:

“Stratagem” offered a very creative way for Archer to locate the weapon. Archer’s strategy was absolutely genius that I suppose is the relation to the root word in the title: strategy. The simulations presented to Degra were along the lines of deceptions used before in the other Star Treks. The big difference is that these deceptions did not involve the use of holodecks. The crew had to go to extreme lengths to fool Degra. I was impressed with the ingenuity. The only flaw to this episode was the fact that I was always one step ahead of the plot. I had a strong suspicion that it was all a rouse. It was confirmed for me when Degra mentioned the “Council”. At that point Archer said inquisitively: “The council?”. That proved to me that Archer was just fishing for information because if he had truly known Degra for three years Degra would have mentioned the Council before. This should have tipped Degra off as well. Unfortunately, I also had a suspicion about the final rouse using the entire ship as the simulator. Luckily, I was never offered anything substantial, to prove that to me, until Archer revealed it to Degra himself. I will give this episode a 7, but it really could be worth much more. I simply don’t think it was the best episode of the season. My main reason it didn’t get a cast for one of the best of the season was that it didn’t have a strong theme as some of the others have such as “Chosen Realm” and “Similitude”. But on the flip side of the token, not all episodes should have a strong theme. Great episode! Computer: end review. Bolivar out!

Edited by Captain Bolivar

I missed most of the intro before the intro-credits, but aside from that, I loved it! OMG, what a brilliant episode with an ending I totally didn't expect! :frusty: The preview for next week... OMG, this is how UPN should have allways promoted the show! It looked better than the Smallville previews! :clap:

I give it a 10!

I'll give it a generous 10 mark. Excellent episode. Great acting by Degra.

Click for Spoiler:

Interesting idea...the entire illusion of the ship, circumstances, etc. I like how they faked Degra out at the end. The ending dialogue was a bit abrupt. "And now we are off to the location of the Xindi weapon" (incorrect quoting but you get the point]. I had to keep remembering that all of this was not happening on a holodeck. Took a little bit more work to make a real ship a fake set.

So next week is the complete ship interior episode. Reed is gonna open up a can of whoop--- hopefully, instead of getting a severe MACO beatdown. Last but not least, T'Pol drops it all... :frusty: Can't wait for this next episode.

I thought it was an awesome episode. I don't like giving 10s so I think I'll rate this one at 9.5..

Click for Spoiler:

Talk about a lot of deception. Inventive story idea I thought. Both Archer and Degra were very good in this show..I loved how they fooled Degra at the end..

I just watched it again..Great episode...this whole 3rd yr is great.

Click for Spoiler:

I loved the look on Archers face when Phlox put the blood worm on Degra's face...priceless

I voted a nine out of ten. Tonight's episode was a good one. It deserved a top rating. :eek::frusty::clap:

Did anyone see the trailer for the next episode? What do you think of it?

In my opinion, I think they have gone a bit overboard with certain content. What are they doing trying to boost rating. I know sex sells but come on. Must they have a few provocative scenes every other episode! But, I will hold my tongue until I watch next week's new episode. :lol:

Please reply and tell me what you thought of the trailer for next week's episode.

Guest Mike_Hines01

An excellent episode, I give it 9.5. Can't wait for the next episode. Now I have to find something to do for the next week ;)

i cant watch enterpise :)

comcast cable must die

I have comcast cable...I also have UPN....therefore I get to see Enterprise.

Sounds like you need to make a few phone calls.... ;)

I'd give Stratagem a 7 as well...not the best and not the worse ep ever.

Regarding the preview for next week, I liked how the MACO babe smacks Trip on the butt...nice to see that people can still be playful that way... ;)

Well another 10 from me. Stratagem was brilliant episode that did exactly what it was intended to do, bring us one step closer the the weapon.

I've had more time to think about this. For a long time the ENT crew has been sort of like cadets - rookie space explorers. They are the first Star Fleet officers in space and when they started Star Fleet was just the organization that got them their dream job. But in this ep they really showed the ingenuity and determination that is the mark of a true Star Fleet officer IMO.

Click for Spoiler:

I knew something was up at first but the second con job conned me as well.

Did anyone notice, Archer, Trip and T'Pol were all actually in a scene together - no one said much but there's not enough of that.

Travis did something besides sit there and say aye captain - not much but something. I liked Archer's last remark...a little too much disturbance.

A good ep. I gave it a 6. It was not as good as last weeks so I guess thats why I gave it the lower rating. But did you notice.

Click for Spoiler:

that the blood worm was what the klingon called kirk in the trouble with tribbles Edited by fredbroca

I finally got to watch it last night.

I'll agree w/ kirk - the plot was at least somewhat original, and made me guess at least once or twice. It was so full of plot, when it was over, I felt like it should've kept going for another 10 minutes. :waaaa:

I give it an 8.6, but I'll vote 9. :laugh:

Okay, one more technical question, but maybe I watch too much CSI - anyway they tried to erase their presence from the Xindi ship but what about dna they would have left just by touching a console etc. Surely the Xindi would have scanned their bridge under the circumstances.

Okay, one more technical question, but maybe I watch too much CSI - anyway they tried to erase their presence from the Xindi ship but what about dna they would have left just by touching a console etc.  Surely the Xindi would have scanned their bridge under the circumstances.

That's true TUH but I think they were just counting on them believing there was a malfunction with the ship and wouldn't even suspect that they were boarded. They probably would do just technical type scans and not biological. Thank goodness the Xindi aren't crime scene investigators!! :clap:

I gave this episode a 9. It had me fooled a lot of the time and I live for that. Great Episode!

Well another 10 from me. Stratagem was brilliant episode that did exactly what it was intended to do, bring us one step closer the the weapon.

I agree Alterego. It was a great episode from start to finish!

I gave it a 7. It was a pretty good premise but...

Click for Spoiler:

in the beginning, i couldn't help but think of Twilight. It seemed very recycled and redundant. Once we saw it was just a simulation, it become less redundant to me after that. And I figured that the 'Vortex' bit was just Travis rocking the boat, but I loved Degra as he realized that he had given away the location of the Xindi weapon.

Again not great, but quite good on it's own.

Okay, this time it's me who's the spoiler. No, I didn't like it, I rated it 4. And that only because of the shown acting skills by Degra and Archer.

I'm not sure if it makes sense to describe my reasons, since I'm obviously the only one here who don't like it because I'm having problems with "ends justify means".

This one was a rather dull 22nd century holodeck type episode, so I voted it 0 out of ten.

Edited by Stewey

Sign in to follow this