Sign in to follow this  
MMottster

Techical question

Hello,

I have a techical question. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've found websites with various sound bits. I would like to change the generic sounds offered by windows to one of the ones from the net. Can someone help?

Thank you very much,

MMottster

First you have to save/download the files from the web to a folder on your computer.

To set the sounds:

1. Go to the "Start" Menu

2. Click on "Settings"

3. Click on "Control Panel"

4. A window should open with numerous icons like "System, Keyboard, Mail..."

5. Double-Click on "Sounds"

6. A small window will appear with all the currently set sounds and commands accociated with them.

7. Change the sounds as you see fit. You probably will need to use "Browse..." to find your downloaded sounds.

Congratulations! Your sounds are set!!!

You can also once you have everything set up as Xeroc said is by saving all of the sound set ups, the wallpaper, the screensaver, . . . . as a theme. In XP just go to the display properties in the control panel (or right click your desktop . . . ) and go to the tab called themes. This way you can save all of your sounds/wallpaper/ and so on and have the ability to go back to that "theme" after you want to change them to something new. So lets say in a few days you wanted a new sounds and a new wallpaper . . . . and then later on you wanted to go back to what you had last time . . . all you have to do is go to the theme section and click the theme you saved it under

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com