Sign in to follow this  
Madam Captain

What are you favorite DS9 quotes?

DS9 was a little mistake off the creators off Startrek, but they made it up with VOY and ENT

so DS9 has no Fav Quoters!!

;)

DS9 was a little mistake off the creators off Startrek, but they made it up with VOY and ENT

:biggrin:

I used to like Voyager when it was on, but I haven't seen a single minute of the series since it ended. I just don't care enough to track it down.

I have bought the entire run of DS9 on DVD and now that I've rewatched the entire series, I can barely stomach any other Trek at all! (Except for original cast movies and a very select few episodes of TNG).

This is a real friendly forum and I'd hate to see this turn ugly like the forums at startrek.com, so if you're going to hop on the DS9 forum and start knocking the show, I would ask that you please don't.

I'm not going to return in kind by posting hateful messages about Voyager or Enterprise for your non-enjoyment.

Some Of My Favorites...

"All I ask is a tall ship, and a load of contraband to fill her with" -- Quark

"I suppose your gods are less vague?" -- Kira

"Our gods are dead. Ancient Klingon warriors slew them a millenium ago." -- Worf

"I guess I'll never understand Klingons." -- Kira

"Don't worry Major. Nobody does." ... [whispered] "They like it that way." -- O'Brien

"You know what I like about Klingon stories? Nothing. A lot of people die, and nobody makes a profit." -- Quark

"I am First Omet'iklan, and I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember, victory is life." -- Jem' Hadar First

"I am Miles O'Brien and I am very much alive. And I wish to stay that way." -- O-Brien

"That's why you came to me, isn't it, Captain? Because you knew I could do those things that you weren't capable of doing? Well, it worked. And you'll get what you want: a war between the Romulans and the Dominion. And if your conscience is bothering you, you should soothe it with the knowledge that you may have just saved the entire Alpha Quadrant. And all it cost was the life of one Romulan senator, one criminal, and the self-respect of one Starfleet officer. I don't know about you, but I'd call that a bargain." -- Garak

One Of My Personal Favorites

"Maybe, just maybe, Benny isn't the dream: we are. Maybe we're nothing more than figments of his imagination. For all we know, at this very moment, somewhere, far beyond all those distant stars... Benny Russell is dreaming of us." -- Sisko

"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?" -- Bashir

"My dear Doctor, they're all true..." -- Garak

"Even the lies?" -- Bashir

"Especially the lies." -- Garak

"Lying is a skill like any other and if you want to maintain a level of excellence you have to practice constantly." -- Garak

"Practice on someone else." -- Worf

:cool:

:dude:

My dear ikbefgraagseven you could not be farther from the truth.

Deep Space Nine was the best damned modern Trek series to be produced. If you would like to continue this rhetoric then do so somewhere else.

:cool:

Here are a couple more from a really underrated episode, Rapture

-The entire scene in Ops when Kira talks about Faith and how it means everything to her, with Worf agreeing.

-The scene where Kai Winn starts to accept Ben as the Emissary, and talks about her courage with the Cardassians, and then at the end when she feels her life as significantly changed and become more complex.

When Odo said something like, " Well at least I sleep in my bucket"

I have already started a thread about favorite DS9 quotes. If you look at the most recent threads, you will find one titled "What are your favorite DS9 quotes?" I don't see any point in starting up a thread about quotes when there is already one going. There is also a thread about favorite Odo quotes too.

Madam Captain out!!

What is this doing in the Voyager message board?? Glad to see that it has been moved to the DS9 message board.

Madam Captain out!!

my fav DS9 quote is the whole arguement between kira and odo with it ending with odo saying, "Why bother? Why not just kiss you now and get it over with..." And then he kisses kira... best scene in DS9 history ever!!!

I can't remember the Quark's exact wording, but he and Garak are talking at the bar and Quark is going on and on about how "I'm a people person.  I enjoy talking to my customers, just like you and I are talking right now."

Garak says:  "I can see the attraction .... for you."

This actually goes with a great quote I was going to post, so I'll include it with mine. It's a video clip, it's a little large though. Almost 3mb. This is from "Way Of The Warrior".

Quark & Garak

If that link doesn't work then right click on this link and click "Save Target As" to save it to your computer.

Quark & Garak

This is a great scene, I love it.