Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Mark Sheppard

What do you think about Mark Sheppard's (Morn) job on DS9? I don't mean his performance, I mean his actual occupation. He never said a word on screen and had to go through a lot of time in make-up but he was on television, he could live his life without harassment and I assume he made good money. So overall, what do you think? Would it be a good job to have or a bad one?

And in the Voyager premiere. I suppose he also qualifies as having been on all three twenty-fourth century series.

I guess it wouldn't be so bad to do. I'm just interested if everyone thinks that the pros outweigh the cons or vice versa.

Seems like it would be a good job to have..Once you got used to all that time in makeup..Look at it this way: He was in a very awesome show...And he got paid for just hanging around Quarks..He didn't even have to memorize any dialogue.. :clap:

Well, he got his own DS9 show named after him... Some of us would chew off our own elbows to get that!

He also gave an interview in the DS9 companion. AND he got to hang around on the sets... Some of us would chew off... you get the picture.

It sounds like a great job to me. Mark Sheppard didn't have to say a word, the make-up disguised his face so he could never be recognised in real life and all he had to do was sit at Quark's bar. How easy would that be!! Having all the make-up put on would have been annoying but I'm sure it was worth it for him. Oh and I forgot to mention that he also starred in a fantastic Star Trek series and probably got payed heaps of money just to sit down!! He did appear in most episodes of Deep Space Nine so he probably made a decent amount of money. How many episodes of DS9 did he appear in altogether??

Madam Captain out!!

I agree. He got to be part of Star Trek and get paid for it. I'd do it in a minute. It would be a thrill for me just to show up on the set everyday.

I doubt his time in make-up was very long. It was probably just loosly fit on him and only glued down around hir mouth and eyes.

Seems like a great job to me.

He had a dream job. He got to hang out on the set and never had to memorize any lines and actually got paid for this! I would kill for a job like that!

He grunted once. Maybe it was a gasp... But I imagine hanging around with all the stars and telling everyone he was a regular on Star Trek would be awesome.

The make-up was actually designed so that the mouth had a mechanism for him to speak with, it just that in the end they never gave him any lines. Too bad really. I would have liked to have seen his character expanded on a little more.

The make-up was actually designed so that the mouth had a mechanism for him to speak with, it just that in the end they never gave him any lines. Too bad really. I would have liked to have seen his character expanded on a little more.

356531[/snapback]

I found it funny when Quark told someone (I can't remember who is was off hand) but he told this person that Morn never stopped talking!! Also, in another episode, Julian and Morn were having a conversation - we never actually heard Morn speak but it seemed as if he had chewed Julian's ear all night. Then we see Jadzia come over and tell Julian it was his turn in a darts game. I loved that scene!! Another great scene from season 3 was when O'Brien set up the darts board in Quarks and he gave the darts to Quark to have a go. He threw all three darts at once and they got stuck in Morn. Morn just looked at the darts stuck in him and pulled them out without saying a word! It was only a short scene but it was great!!

Madam Captain out!!!