Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Favorite cancelled TV shows?

Two words...

TWIN PEAKS

I thought it should have gone for at least one more season. Although I'm a fan of the movie Fire Walk With Me....it didn't give us any info on the fate of Special Agent Dale Cooper.

My list would have to include:

The Pretender - NBC/WB/TNT

John Doe- FOX

Firefly - FOX

Dark Angel - FOX

Titus - FOX

Sliders FOX/SCI-FI CH.

The Invisible Man - SCI- FI CH.

Farscape - SCI - FI CH.

For comedy, "Taxi".

For drama/sci-fi, "Space:Above and Beyond".

Edited by edmcgon

There are three cancelled shows from CBS that I enjoyed: The Agency, Early Edition, and Touched by an Angel. Another one: Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. All were Saturday evening shows.

<_< Where did all the good shows go? Where did they go........

Wow, surprised I haven't posted in this thread to date.

To name a few:

Enterprise

Arrested Development

Futurama (coming back though)

Threshold

Pushing Daisies

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

I think there might be a few others I can't think of right now.

I'll add Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Season 2 was a little weak compared to season 1 imo but compared to T:S it was Oscar worthy. The cliffhanger ending to season 2 was awesome, had me looking forward to season 3.

I'll also add one that's already been mentioned... Taxi. That was a classic! You gotta love Jim! Especially the episode where he had to take his driving test to become a cabbie... I remember watching this with my father and brothers and all of us almost rolling on the floor laughing so hard!

I'll add Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Season 2 was a little weak compared to season 1 imo but compared to T:S it was Oscar worthy. The cliffhanger ending to season 2 was awesome, had me looking forward to season 3.

Did they renew it for another season? I heard they cancelled it.

I'll also add one that's already been mentioned... Taxi. That was a classic! You gotta love Jim! Especially the episode where he had to take his driving test to become a cabbie... I remember watching this with my father and brothers and all of us almost rolling on the floor laughing so hard!

Yeah, that was a classic. One of the better episodes too.

"Mental illness or narcotic addiction?" "Gee, that's a tough choice." LOL

You knew exactly what was going to happen when Jim asked "What does a yellow light mean?" and whats-his-name said "Slow down." but it still got laughs when it was played out.

Yeah, that was a classic. One of the better episodes too.

"Mental illness or narcotic addiction?" "Gee, that's a tough choice." LOL

You knew exactly what was going to happen when Jim asked "What does a yellow light mean?" and whats-his-name said "Slow down." but it still got laughs when it was played out.

"Whats-his-name" is Bobby Wheeler played by Jeff Conaway, he wound up leaving the show. I believe over drug issues.

Of the shows that were canceled while I was watching them, I was most upset about Enterprise. I don't know if Stargate: Atlantis was canceled or if it had just run its course, but I didn't feel very strongly about its passing. And it might have been neat to see more of The Dresden Files, but I haven't missed it.

Of shows that I watched after they were canceled, Threshold was the one I was most angry about. I caught it on the Sci Fi channel and the way they were billing it, it sounded like a new series. I should have known it wasn't when they were playing something like four episodes in a row, but I was so interested I didn't really care. But then I looked it up and found out that it had premiered a year ago and that it had been canceled. I really liked that show. It had Brent Spiner in it, too. I also liked Firefly and I'm really glad they at least got to wrap it up with a movie. I'm watching The Pretender now on DVD and I think it's a very cool show, but I hear that it was canceled after the fourth season. And Star Trek, of course.

Edited by ensign_beedrill

Did they renew it for another season? I heard they cancelled it.

Canceled TV shows is the topic. That I know of it hasn't been renewed.

I became real pissed when they pulled the plug on "Firefly" without finishing the first season. What make me the maddest is they had 3 episode already 'In the can' but did not air them, they just yanked the show. And it was every bit as good Sci-Fi as Star Trek.

OH HELL YEAH!!!! I'm a fellow Browncoat, and a Transgenic, and a T-800. My favorite list is as followes.

STAR TREK

DARK ANGEL

FIREFLY

TSCC

Okay, not a long list, but once you get on it, therse no leaving.

I enjoyed Dark Angel as well. Micheal finally got himself a steady-and popular gig, on 'NCIS'..and Jessica seems to have done all right. I remember Nana Visitor having a role there later on, as well...