Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Favorite cancelled TV shows?

I'd like to do a poll to see what cancelled TV show is most popular here.

Some view a show that is no longer in production as being cancelled, but what I mean by cancelled is a show that had the plug pulled like TOS, not a show that ended like TNG.

Here's a few shows I can think of in alphabetical order, my favorites are in bold:

Jake 2.0

Legend

The Lone Gunmen

Millennium

Roswell

The Sentinel

Seven Days

Star Trek

What can you add for me to choose from for the poll?

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

TNG was cancelled. It may have been a decision by the producer's rather than the studio but it was cancelled. Many of the actors at the time would have liked to have kept their jobs.

There is no guaranteed number of seasons for any series. If it's a success they renew the actor's original contracts.

But the best show ever cancelled was IMO Due South - the stupidest thing CBS ever did.

I became real pissed when they pulled the plug on "Firefly" without finishing the first season. What make me the maddest is they had 3 episode already 'In the can' but did not air them, they just yanked the show. And it was every bit as good Sci-Fi as Star Trek.

When i was younger they cancelled"ChIpS" :clap:

I was about 10 years old and i think i was upset

for about 1 month...hehe

Futurama

The Family Guy

The Tick (both the animated and live action versions)

Americas Funniest Home Videos (or did AFV get moved to a different time? :clap: )

Jem adds to the list: Invader Zim

I cant belive they got rid of the two funniest shows on TV: Invader Zim and Greg the Bunny. Zim and Greg only lasted about a season, Greg with only a couple episodes under its belt. I wish they would bring them back, cause that would be totally cool :) :) :) :bow:

I was so sad when they got rid of them in the first place.

"ohh, i love this show....*click*.....ohh, i love this show.....*click*......."

:clap:

Stardate:21487.8

Quantum Leap. The show may have had an "ending" but that was just because it was going to get cancelled anyways.I actually cried when they ended Quantum Leap the way they did :clap:

all the episodes of firefly including the three episodes that did not air are on DVD....

hmm... my favorite cancelled show has to be either

the new twilight Zone ..

and

Jake 2.0...

i cant think of any others at the moment..(notice both from UPN)

I really miss Firefly and Jake 2.0

There was one years ago I loved I think it was called Earth Two

Clancy Brown stared in it. :clap:

I started almost this exact topic on another board mid-last yr, but forgot the shows I talked about. I'll hafta go back and check.

One for me: Early Edition. I loved this show - the concept, the actors, the acting, the storylines. It was just an all around great show imo.

Stark Raving Mad -NBC

Time Trax

Viper

Firefly

John Doe

...many more...

To those interested, rumors have been going around for several months that Family Guy could return. No such luck for Futurama. :clap:

Stardate:21487.8

Quantum Leap. The show may have had an "ending" but that was just because it was going to get cancelled anyways.I actually cried when they ended Quantum Leap the way they did :clap:

I hated the way they ended Quantum Leap too. I lost the last bit of respect that I had for the SF channel when they ended Farscape so badly. I also miss Birds of Prey.

Guest Ktrek

In my opinion the TV show "Agency" was one of the very best prime time dramas to ever reach television. It only lasted two seasons but I think that had they moved it from Saturday to Tuesday it would still be on the air today.

Ktrek

This might still be out there....somewhere.....but I haven't seen it. Giligan's Island was the best! I have most of the episodes on tape (thx to my dad who was smart enough to subscribe to this one company) and I watch them alot. Funny as heck!

The first thing that popped into my head when i saw this topic was "Farscape". Axed long before it's time (in my opinion).

Futurama

The Family Guy

The Tick (both the animated and live action versions)

Americas Funniest Home Videos (or did AFV get moved to a different time?  :clap: )

Jem adds to the list: Invader Zim

America's Funniest Home Videos is still on the air. It come on Sunday night at 7:00pm here in Florida, they just kicked off their new season a couple of months ago.

Americas Funniest Home Videos (or did AFV get moved to a different time?  :clap: )

America's Funniest Home Videos is still on the air. It come on Sunday night at 7:00pm here in Florida, they just kicked off their new season a couple of months ago.

*checks listings* Ah, you're right KM thanks! :(

I will have to agree. Earth 2 as well as the Tick went way before their time. I would also like to add Dark Angel. Yes it was getting really dumb the second season but they could have started to make it better.

My favourite cancelled shows of all time...

Click for Spoiler:

Family%20Guy%201.jpg

futurama.jpg

Invader%20Zim%20title.jpg

Edited by thedoctor

How about a few flash-backs from the 80's (the golden age of t.v. :rofl: )

1) Voyagers (I think thats the title,the guy and the kid traveling through time)

2) Alf:The cartoon ( we get to see his home planet of melmak!! :bow: )

3) ...and yes that milestone in science fiction entertainment,The Misfits of Science!! ;) :) :laugh: