Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

If "Enterprise" were cancelled...

I am one of those people that did not like the idea of Enterprise in the first place. I just never liked the idea of a prequel. But I have watched Enterprise and even though I have thought that they have really pushed the timeline bad I do not believe they have broken it yet. It does take awhile for a Trek show to get going I thought the fist few seasons of TNG were kinda bad. The only Trek that does not fit in this rule is TOS and thats just because it was the first and very lucky to have the people it had. Yes Enterprise had not caught my full attention yet but it has been getting better with each show. Now with saying that Trek needs a break I really would not want one. I like having new shows to watch on TV or maybe not to have a new TV show but just have movies for awhile.

William Stryker, it's a shame that all you see is skin, sexuallity, and insult B&B.

Yeah, it is.

Yes, the "lots of skin and sexuallity" is a problem, one that I hope will be delt with before season 4.

I hope so too.

However, that's not what the show is about, it's just raitings-booster stuff demanded by UPN. I'm convinced that if ENT were in syndication, it would not be an issue.

I hate Paramount.

Let me ask you this: What about the characters, the stories, and the themes of the show? What are so bad about them?

Uninspiring. Let us go through the characters:

Archer: He, I think may be the best character. Best of a bad bunch.

Reed: The most boring character. It pains me that they made the most boring character British.

T'Pol: She'd look nice in FHM, but this is Star Trek. The sum of her character is basically what you see squeezed into her outfit.

Dr. Phlox: I like John Billingsley, but this character is basically the 'Neelix' of this show. Annoying and overly 'quirky'.

Hoshi: She's a COMM officer. Communication's officers do nothing on Trek except say "Hailing Frequencies Open/Closed Captain" and that's it.

Trip: The most annoying character. I hate this guy more than any other on the show.

Travis: Now this is the guy I feel sorry for. He has been given absolutely nothing to do on this show. Anthony Montgomery must be bored out of his mind. I sympathise with the guy, he went from being cancelled on 'Popular' to this. Good God!!! He must be under a gypsy curse or something.

Personally, I've enjoyed VOY & ENT just as much as I did TNG. They each have something new and different to offer.

OK. I'll will admit that Voyager was better than Enterprise. But that's not much of a compliment. Let's look at their characters:

Janeway: Her VOICE!!!!!! She sounded as though she had sucked the helium out of a balloon.

Chakotay: The most boring regular character ever seen on Trek, with possibly the exception of Ezri "Pointless" Dax. He had a tattoo, and that was it.

B'elanna: Now remember, she's "FEISTY" Tom Paris actually loved her???? and married her???? I would have flown the Delta Flyer into a star, just to get away from her moodswings.

The Doctor: Best thing about the show. Always entertaining. Robert Picardo was brilliant in this show.

Paris: My favourite character on the show.

Seven: A big improvement over the terrible 'Kes'. She did look very nice, but she did serve a purpose and had some good character development. Jeri Ryan is a very likable actress and her character had some good stories based around it.

Harry: Another annoying character. he was the 'Wesley Crusher' of VOY. he was so nervous and green, I just didn't believe that he could have graduated from the Academy.

Tuvok: Second most boring character. I didn't know Vulcans could be this boring. Spock would be spinning in his grave (if he was dead, of course).

and finally:

Neelix: This guy was the Jar Jar Binks of Star Trek Voyager. I could rant, but I won't. I HATE NEELIX.

FYI T'Pol's outfits are as tight as they always were. She was wearing a skin tight catsuit, she is wearing a skin tight catsuit. In fact they've toned down her bust mightily this season to the point where she looks like a normal, (if beautiful) woman.

The T&A that you seem determined to focus on has been, what, six less than five minute scenes out of the series? I'm not that bothered myself about the Trip/T'Pol thing but I don't focus on it to the exclusion of all else.

The characters.

Jonathan Archer. A man who felt his father was cheated from realising his dream by the Vulcans. We found he once nearly signed up for a boomer vessel but changed his mind and went into test flying his father's ship(Horizon). A man who has been entrusted with saving Earth and Humanity and who has become darker for the responsibility. Had a reasonable first meeting with the Klingons, bringing home Klaang and preventing a civil war in the Klingon Empire, but is now a fugitive after helping some Klingon Prisoners and escaping from Rura Penthe. He was chased into the Expanse by a dishonoured Duras, sparking a problem between the House of Duras and Humans that would last into the 24th century. (TNG, DS9). He is semi trusted and in turn semi trusts both sides in the Andorian/Vulcan conflict and has, so far, been the best chance for helping to maintain an uneasy truce, (Cease Fire. Proving Ground).

T'Pol. A Vulcan who, we learned, has always had a fascination with Earth, (she keeps her Grandmother's purse, Carbon Creek). Came aboard Enterprise and towed the Vulcan line until she began to see there was something about Humanity and it's ways. She's given up home, family, marriage and career for Enterprise. She contracted the fatal Pa'Nar syndrome and is managing the disease, but there are indications her poisoning in Impulse and telepathic attack in Rajiin may have accelerated her condition. She knows that Sim loved her, but not if Trip feels the same way.

Trip. For all his Good Ol' Southern Boy persona a brilliant scientist and engineer. He has a brother, with a nephew in school in Ireland and a sister who was killed in the Xindi attack. A private man whom the Captain had to almost force to tell him about Natalie ending her relationship with him, he is coping with the symptoms of his sister's death, the insomnia, but not the cause, the grief. Has a hatred for the Xindi who killed his sister but the wisdom not to hate all Xindi. (Proving Ground). Had to re-write warp theory to keep them going in the Expanse. Has stated he thinks it's a suicide mission. Nearly died saving the crew and had to witness his own funeral and face the fact that he is only alive through the deliberate killing of another being for spare parts. (Similitude)

Reed. Joined Starfleet in the teeth of his parents, particularly his father's, disapproval. A tactical officer who found a home, a second family, in the Enterprise crew. He has a frendship with Trip, forged initially in Shuttlepod One, which has grown and lasted. He went with Trip to visit the site of his sister's murder. In the expanse has had to take the Major and his MACO's on board as well as his own people. Came to realise, through Talla the Andorian Lieutenant, that he is doing more out there in space than he could ever have done in the Royal Navy. (Proving Ground).

Hoshi. Gifted Linguist and translator who initially did not want her assignment on Enterprise. Has matured through bitter circumstance having gone from screaming at seeing her first dead bodies, (the corpses on hooks in Fight or Flight), to the shock of seeing Travis's 'body' in Dead Stop, to her virtual indifference of the corpses she passed in Rajiin. She found some useful information on the Xindi by translating the database and through her telepathic link with the alien in Exile. We found she has a living Mother and Father in Japan in the episode, Vanishing Point.

Mayweather. From a family of 'Boomers', Space cargo frieghter carriers that house whole families and seem to operate on meritous succession, (Fortunate Son), or primogenitor (Horizon), depending on the ship. Went for years without seeing Earth as a child and was in fact born in space, (Fortunate Son). Like Reed, went in the teeth of his family's opposition to leave and Join Starfleet. This still causes friction. (Horizon). Was captured and attached to a space repair station as an extra memory board. He's a first-class pilot, both of Enterprise and the Shuttlepods. He has a sister who has also left the Horizon, and he seems closer to her then his brother, now the captain of the Horizon.

Phlox. A Denobulan physician who initially came on board as an emergency stop-gap to treat Klaang when Enterprise left for her maiden voyage. (Broken Bow). Stayed to learn more about humans and even had a brief, romantic encounter with a human (Dear Doctor). He volunteered to stay with Enterprise when she was sent to the Expanse because he knew they would need him. Has many specialties, including Psychology, Biology, and Physiotherapy. Keeps a large collection of animals for their healing properties and begged T'Pol to find room for them so that he wouldn't have to choose between them, (the Catwalk). He has three wives and five children. We have met one wife, Feezle, (who has two other husbands), an expert in Quantum Optics and heard about a son, Phlox's youngest, who despite his attempts to raise his children not to hate Antarans after the long Denobulan/Antaran war, decided defy his father and join one of the Anti-Antaran hate groups.

Enterprise. Starfleet's first warp 5 capable ship, powered by the engine Captain Archer's father developed. Most other Earth vessels are warp 2.2 (the Boomer freighter in Fortunate Son) or warp 3, (the vessels seen in the Expanse). She is a deep space explorer by design, but has been refitted with photonic torpedos, upgraded phase cannons and stronger hull plating for her dangerous mission into the Expanse, (The Expanse, The Xindi). She has been fitted with the first Human Transporter to be cleared to beam humans (Broken Bow), though the crew use this sparingly and only under duress. She carried 83 humans for her first two year mission, only losing one, Daniels, who turned out not to be dead and, in fact, a traveller back from the 29th century who is a player in the Temporal Cold war. Around a half dozen crew chose to leave the ship and not journey into the Expanse, but a compliment of Military MACOS have come aboard(The Expanse). Some of them, and of the crew have been killed, (Rajiin, Chosen Realm, etc).

But there, every episode of Enterprise is about T'Pol's bust, isn't it? :o And I personally don't compliment Voyager by saying it is better than Enterprise. In fact I think Enterprise is much, much better than the repetitive, lacklustre Voyager. But I'm not going to call the show rubbish just because it didn't capture my imagination.

Edited for spelling.

All you've done is describe the show. You've just given a summary of everything that's happened in Enterprise since the show started. For what?. I've seen every episode of Enterprise and I've been bored, hoping in vain that this series will improve. I'm still waiting. If Enterprise was as good as you seem to think it is then why are the ratings for this show so low? I don't think we're ever going to agree on how great you seem to think the characters are. I feel that the concept for this show was flawed from the start. They are limited in where they can go because they run the risk of contradicting existing canon and continuity. This 'Birth Of The Federation' concept could have been written into some kind of book and it have been more interesting. I believe this show is a dead loss. I have decided that I shall no longer watch this poor excuse for a Star Trek show anymore. If this show is a sign of where Trek is headed then I'll just say that it has been a good ride, but it is now coming to an end. Trek really was a great franchise. It's sad to see it end up like this. Well, at least it'll all be over for Enterprise after a few more seasons, then maybe after a break they can go back to brainstorming and give us a decent Trek show, which IMO, we haven't had since the days of Deep Space Nine, my favourite Trek show. Regarding the T&A, I've seen every episode of every Trek series ever made, I've seen every movie, and I've never seen T&A thrown into the viewing audiences faces like I have with Enterprise. I've just had enough of it. I'm sick and tired of it. No more of this terrible show for me.

B) :o :o

All you've done is describe the show. You've just given a summary of everything that's happened in Enterprise since the show started. For what?.

Well, I would have thought, obviously, to show you there is more to each character than such critical gems as

T'Pol: She'd look nice in FHM, but this is Star Trek. The sum of her character is basically what you see squeezed into her outfit.

If Enterprise was as good as you seem to think it is then why are the ratings for this show so low?

I guess the same could be said for why the ratings for American Idol are so high. Since when in this world did ratings = quality on any level?

I have decided that I shall no longer watch this poor excuse for a Star Trek show anymore.

Oh. :shrug:

I feel that the concept for this show was flawed from the start.

So you went into it from the start telling yourself you'd hate it and, lo and behold, you did. No surprise.

I've just had enough of it. I'm sick and tired of it. No more of this terrible show for me.

Yes, you said. :shrug: Your choice. Your loss.

Well, I still love and will continue to watch and enjoy Star Trek Enterprise. I will for all the time it continues to be shown. I think it's a wonderful show and I don't think T*A is being 'thrown in my face' at all. Nor do many others.

Well, I would have thought, obviously, to show you there is more to each character

I coud find and post a list of all the songs Ruben Studdard sang/murdered on American Idol. It doesn't mean that I agree that they were of a good quality. I could give you a history of Wesley Crusher, but he's still one of the most hated characters in Star Trek. More details about the ENT characters doesn't mean that the show is good.

I guess the same could be said for why the ratings for American Idol are so high. Since when in this world did ratings = quality on any level?

If ENT was a quality show, then I would be agreeing with you, but since I don't believe it is, then I tend to believe the idea that the low ratings suffered by the show is because it is poorer in quality and the worst of any of the Trek shows.

Oh. :shrug:

Erm....Right then.

So you went into it from the start telling yourself you'd hate it and, lo and behold, you did. No surprise.

Don't try to put words in my posts that I didn't write. I thought the concept was flawed, but I did give it a chance. I thought it would struggle to cover any substantial new ground, and would suffer as a result. I was surprised at how poor the characters and stories were and as a result, the show was severely lacking for me. I wanted to like it, but I don't.

Your choice. Your loss.

It's no big loss.

Well, I still love and will continue to watch and enjoy Star Trek Enterprise. I will for all the time it continues to be shown.

I hope you do enjoy it.

Edited by William Stryker

If ENT was a quality show, then I would be agreeing with you, but since I don't believe it is, then I tend to believe the idea that the low ratings suffered by the show is because it is poorer in quality and the worst of any of the Trek shows.

I think this is just a issue of personal taste and while I disagree with your statements I also accept them as your opinion. Personally I like Enterprise a lot more than DS9 or Voyager and believe that the quality of acting, scripts, and direction are of a high quality. I also like the fact that there are less episodes solely focused to character inter-relationships as in the other shows that I mentioned.

Alright, then. I dislike ENT, some people don't. Everyone has their opinion. I respect them, even if I disagree.

But I'll let this one go.

But I have noticed this in recent years, that their is a definate division of Trek fans. Many of them are against each other. I've never seen this before with Star Trek. This is worrying, to a certain extent.

:o

Alright, then. I dislike ENT, some people don't. Everyone has their opinion. I respect them, even if I disagree.

But I'll let this one go.

But I have noticed this in recent years, that their is a definate division of Trek fans. Many of them are against each other. I've never seen this before with Star Trek. This is worrying, to a certain extent.

I agree, I think there are different types of Star Trek fans who like some Trek but dislike others. I think that's what comes with the greater amount of choice that we get with all the series and the different directions that they are taken by the producers.

I think that's what comes with the greater amount of choice that we get with all the series and the different directions that they are taken by the producers.

I guess so.

Well I used to watch ENT before we moved but then when we did I couldnt pick it up on antenna anymore then we got satelight but cant watch it on there either!!! :o

Ultimately, I think there's 6 fan bases. We have those that like TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, and then those who like all 5 shows. Fans aren't required to like every Trek show, they may like one, two, three, all, doesn't matter.

I think the problem is not that the fan base is fractured, as this will happen every time they do a new show, but that the fan base is extremely critical and negative to the point where they scare off new people who just want to watch the show.

I think the problem is not that the fan base is fractured, as this will happen every time they do a new show, but that the fan base is extremely critical and negative to the point where they scare off new people who just want to watch the show.

I agree, CJLP

That may not only be the case in the Trek fandom but a symptom of nowadays Western societies. Doesn't the press (and we too) tend to citisize in the first place. As an example: Last week the German handball team won and played very well. The reporter asked the coach afterwards: Is there something you have to citisize about your team though?

I personally would be glad if there could be more tolerance - especially among ST fans. And the will to see the positive side about things too.

Absolutely, but I disagree somewhat with all the complaints about "disloyalty to Trek" that I've been hearing lately. The fact is, it's still a television show, and if someone doesn't think it's good, they shouldn't have to watch it and have the right to point out its flaws. I only do it once in a while with ENT, because it's sad when I see a franchise I've grown to love make some bad decisions. That coach in the example has to monitor his thoughts because that's his paying job; this is how we spend our precious free time with little consequences to us personally either way. Now I don't condone the bashing, but it sometimes sounds like some Trek fans think every other ST fan should just watch the show and be happy about it, keeping the ratings up no matter what TPTB throw out at us -- and that's probably exactly what TPTB rely on. If they were to suddenly replace T'Pol with TinkyWinky, I wouldn't keep my mouth closed and keep watching just because it's named Star Trek. I know no one here is really saying that, but I felt like getting that out there. :frusty:

I agree, CJLP

That may not only be the case in the Trek fandom but a symptom of nowadays Western societies. Doesn't the press (and we too) tend to citisize in the first place. As an example: Last week the German handball team won and played very well. The reporter asked the coach afterwards: Is there something you have to citisize about your team though?

I personally would be glad if there could be more tolerance - especially among ST fans. And the will to see the positive side about things too.

I agree, Stardreamer and Jean-Luc Picard. The tabloid led, thuggish mentality that if anyone does well, kick them till they bleed has permeated through all society.

I'm an Enterprise fan and I'm just sick of having to fight my corner against a too vocal group who can't simply say that this particular incarnation of Enterprise hasn't grabbed them like - insert show of choice - and leave it. These people have never heard of constructive criticism, nor of the idea that someone else's viewpoint is as valid as their own.

No, they are, right out the block, condescending and patronising. We are obviously 'new' to Trek and simply 'can't understand' what we are talking about. Well, I started watching TOS as a kid and I've seen all five series, got a bookcase full of novels, tech manuals and videos and have caught every movie except Nemesis, (*MTTTM).

Then we are villiage idiots who are prepared to accept a 'lower quality' of Trek. But that's lower quality only in their minds, in my opinion. Yeah, the whole of ANIS was embarrassing to watch. So was Spock's Brain. An ep so bad you have to think the writer/s had their own brain's removed for research! So was Worf turning into a poison spitting armadillo and Troi getting a porpoise in life in TNG's Genesis. So was the dreadful DS9 episode The Fantastic Ferengi. So was that Voyager ep where they hollowed out a huge area of the ship to play WWII. (sorry, the name escapes me). There are howlers and joys in every Trek incarnation.

Then there's the tired, old T&A stuff. Honestly anyone would think there were naked orgies every week. :clap: In fact three member's of the crew have had sex, one time each. Off screen. Trip in Precious Cargo, Hoshi in Two Days and Two Nights and Reed in Similitude. Big deal? Not to me. Hoshi's top came off in Shockwave pt2, but you saw nothing, T'Pol took her top of in The Xindi but you saw nothing. There have been less than a half doaen decon scenes where crew members have been wearing very conservative underwear. Big deal? Not to me. The massage scenes have been about two people who are very different learning to be slowly comfortable in each other's company. They have encompassed a few moments of the Xindi arc and, though I don't go a bundle on Trip/T'Pol as a pairing, have been well and tastefully played, IMHO. So, again, big deal? Not for me. The insight into the characters has been more interesting than the so-called T&A, but then I'm not a puritan who sees any glimpse of flesh and gasps in horror.

I watch and love Enterprise for many reasons. Firstly it has captured me like no other incarnation of Trek. I have watched and enjoyed the other series, but this one captivated and fascinated me. I love the premise, not needing to see the Rommie War nor the Founding of the Federation in order to see a real landmark in Humanity on my screen. Yes, we know it will end up in the Federation. But if you discount Ent because you know how it will turn out, why bother to live your life? You know you'll end up dead, whatever. Damn it, it's the journey we make 'from there to here' that makes up humanity. And it's the fledgling steps of Enterprise the tentative feelers, (no pun intended!) to the Andorians and others that echo the future we know. I find the growth and fallability of the characters to be much more interesting than the stilted perfections that live in the 24th century.

I find the cast to be wonderful. Connor Trinneer has shone in this show as Trip, John Billingley has managed to make Phlox so 'Denobulan' that his alien-ness is still apparent. Scott Bakula has taken Archer on a journey from open, boyish explorer, to closed-off, embittered cynic whilst still retaining the character's centre throughout. The only actor I can remember with such a sure grip of the character that it can do a 180 and remain the same person is Charisma Carptenter's portrayal of Cordelia in Buffy/Angel. Archer's 'long dark journey of the soul' has been so gradual that I think it's passed some folk by. I still hear 'the characters are exactly the same as in Broken Bow'. It's so completely untrue I cannot imagine that anything other than willful blindness sees it that way. I have been surprised by Jolene Blalock's abilites as T'Pol. She too has taken her character on a journey of discovery and done it surprisingly well. Yet when she was more Vulcan than Vulcan, her performance to the bashers was, 'stoned', and when she loosened and adapted to her character's exile and permanent stay with humand, she's, 'just a human with pointy ears'. I too wish Hoshi and Travis could have more to do, but just how many episodes of TNG did Beverley Crusher and Deanna Troi not appear or get one line?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the fashion of the age seems to be to bash and hate something if you don't immediately like it. To denigrate and sneer at those who like what you don't. To wish dead and buried anything that isn't perfect for you.

I write letters and campaign for Ent to stay on the air because it's my favourite show. Some people actually write to ask for it's cancellation. Never mind how hurt and disappointed the fans will be, it's not perfect for you so hate, bash and get rid of it. How petty minded is that? How low? I don't like a lot of what's on TV but I don't go out of my way to watch it, p*ss on it and boast to it's fans that I'm trying to get it cancelled.

So I'll keep watching and loving my 'lower standard' of Trek, if it's all the same to you. And I won't spend my life lashing out and hurting people, sneering down at them for what they like or trying to take away the few things they have to comfort and inspire them so I can trumpet and gloat. To paraphrase Tina Turner: My standards may be low, but at least I have some.

*MTTTM = Money too tight to mention :frusty:

Now I don't condone the bashing, but it sometimes sounds like some Trek fans think every other ST fan should just watch the show and be happy about it, keeping the ratings up no matter what TPTB throw out at us -- and that's probably exactly what TPTB rely on. If they were to suddenly replace T'Pol with TinkyWinky, I wouldn't keep my mouth closed and keep watching just because it's named Star Trek. I know no one here is really saying that, but I felt like getting that out there.

This is what I am worried about. Blind loyalty to the show, just because it has the name Star Trek on it. The "Discontent Faction Of Trek Fans" (which I consider myself a part of) SHOULD be critical of the show and the franchsie, to let Paramount and the producers know that we will not watch Star trek fall and then die. You have to understand. When I criticise Enterprise, I'm not doing it because it's fun, far from it, it hurts me to be so critical of Star Trek but it's something I feel must be done. What I say and what I believe, is for what I consider to be the good of Star Trek. I believe the standards are slipping. I expect more from Star Trek and I worry that it is being hurt beyond any salvation. I'm not trying to put down the faction of Trek fans who like things like "Enterprise, Voyager, Nemesis, Insurrection" etc, but I simply do not like what Trek has become. It's very sad to see Trek in such a state.

(IMO)

:frusty::clap::eek:

You have to understand. When I criticise Enterprise, I'm not doing it because it's fun, far from it, it hurts me to be so critical of Star Trek but it's something I feel must be done. What I say and what I believe, is for what I consider to be the good of Star Trek. I believe the standards are slipping. I expect more from Star Trek and I worry that it is being hurt beyond any salvation. It's very sad to see Trek in such a state.

:frusty:  :clap:  :eek:

Well IMO trying to sway the opinions of ENT fans will accomplish nothing. :P

The SAVE STAR TREK CAMPAIGN. are looking for people like you. If you really want to do something constructive for Trek then you should check it out and join them. :lol:

I just joined a similar campaign group.

If you don't mind me asking I'm curious about what the primary method your group uses to attain its goals for Trek?

If you don't mind me asking I'm curious about what the primary method your group uses to attain its goals for Trek?

It's the 'SAVEOURSTARTREK' campaign. It's limited to petitions gathering signatures from discontented fans. They send these petitions to Paramount Chief Sherry Lansing.

The ratings for Enterprise are abysmal. Nemesis flopped at the box office. The licensees are allowing their rights to the Star Trek brand name expire, because they believe that Paramount/Viacom are neglecting Star Trek at worst and steering it in the wrong direction at best.

I would hope that Paramount deal with the problems currently faced

Now I don't condone the bashing, but it sometimes sounds like some Trek fans think every other ST fan should just watch the show and be happy about it, keeping the ratings up no matter what TPTB throw out at us -- and that's probably exactly what TPTB rely on. If they were to suddenly replace T'Pol with TinkyWinky, I wouldn't keep my mouth closed and keep watching just because it's named Star Trek. I know no one here is really saying that, but I felt like getting that out there.

This is what I am worried about. Blind loyalty to the show, just because it has the name Star Trek on it.

Most people who watch ENT don't watch out of blind loyalty, they watch becuase they feel it's a good sc-fi show. For me, Trek is about the explorration of the galaxy in the form of space-adventure. So far, they've done a great job. When they come out with a Trek show I dislike, I'll just wait for the next show and find something else to do. :eek:

I sincerely hope the Save Star Trek Campaign and the Save Our Star Trek Campagin fail. I enjoy Trek just as it is with the exception of the sexual themes that pop up on ENT for ratings. :frusty: I'm truelly scared that some lame campaign, like the ones I mentioned, will work and turn STAR TREK into fan-boy ****-ola. :clap:

Edited by TransporterMalfunction

'fan-boy ****-ola' is what I'm worried about too. The campaign that I joined doesn't appear to want that. I think that 'fan-boyism' is as equally dangerous to Trek as anything else.

I'll wait for the next Trek show and hope that things can improve.

I do respect your opinion and your right to dislike ENT, William Stryker and your hope of a better next show. I personally cannot see it that way. I do like ENT very much, although there are eps which will never belong to my favs and there are decisions made by the main characters which I cannot follow. But in gerneral for me it's a good show, with mostly thrilling stories and the (for me) obvious will to hold up the Star Trek philosophy. As long as it stays that way I'll watch it.

And one thing should be considered in every show you'll find good and poor things - you can't find perfection anywhere.

It's the 'SAVEOURSTARTREK' campaign. It's limited to petitions gathering signatures from discontented fans. They send these petitions to Paramount Chief Sherry Lansing.

The ratings for Enterprise are abysmal. Nemesis flopped at the box office. The licensees are allowing their rights to the Star Trek brand name expire, because they believe that Paramount/Viacom are neglecting Star Trek at worst and steering it in the wrong direction at best.

I would hope that Paramount deal with the problems currently faced

Is actively seeking out and signing up new discontented fans each members responsibility and if so, does that include convincing them of errors of their way as a means for recruitment?

I do not believe ratings matter that much when it comes to Trek, if it did VOY would have been cancelled but it survived. The real money over the long haul comes from CONS and PRODUCTS and besides aren't ratings for ENT on par with VOY and showing improvement?

Getting back to licensing, the New Direction has opened the doors for future video games based on the Expanse, the Xindi and every thing associated so more improvement there.

Does there ever come a time when the members of SOST admit your efforts are starting to bear fruits and back off a bit or does your group keep the pressure on to reach your goal despite improvements or attempts at improvment?

Is actively seeking out and signing up new discontented fans each members responsibility and if so, does that include convincing them of errors of their way as a means for recruitment?

No, it doesn't. Not to my knowledge of the group. I don't need anyone to convince me. I have my own mind and form my own opinions about the state of the franchise.

I do not believe ratings matter that much when it comes to Trek, if it did VOY would have been cancelled but it survived. The real money over the long haul comes from CONS and PRODUCTS and besides aren't ratings for ENT on par with VOY and showing improvement?

The ratings are still poor. It's the quality (or lack) of ENT that worries me. Together with Nemesis, Insurrection and the poor ratings on VOY, Star Trek is in decline and is in trouble.

Getting back to licensing, the New Direction has opened the doors for future video games based on the Expanse, the Xindi and every thing associated so more improvement there.

This Xindi Arc is tiresome IMO, and I wouldn't buy any video game based upon it.

Does there ever come a time when the members of SOST admit your efforts are starting to bear fruits and back off a bit or does your group keep the pressure on to reach your goal despite improvements or attempts at improvement?

I'm not the leader, so I can't speak for all Trek fans in this 'Faction'. But I am a reasonable person. I would accept some concessions such as improvement. I would want a great deal of improvement for any Sixth Series. If not, then the pressure will continue. The next move is Viacom/Paramount's. if they don't deliver some changes and improvements, then our discontent and anger will grow, the divisions between fans will continue and will worsen, and Star Trek will continue to decline and then die.

Sorry to say Enterprise is on its way out. Star Trek: Enterprise was a bad idea for the reason it was rushed into post production as soon as Voyager ended. Also they didn't think it through before they started and didn't study what was and has been said in the other shows to be creative. I still watch it but its going to end very soon. Actress Jolene Blalock, isn't getting her contract renewed and about the others? I would feel sadden that this going to happen the show needs better writing and better story lines instead of writing stories that had been done and working thaings that have happened or creating characters who have the simular names of real people and real life events. This includes making a point by revealing the message before the show. Star Trek had a message and the message is hiden and it was up to the fans to discover those messages. Also its the internet that has damaged it as well.