Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

If "Enterprise" were cancelled...

I am pretty sure that ENT won't be cancelled because they are still making money from it. However if it would be cancelled they would probably try something set in the 25th century after 2-3 years. Star Trek makes money.

Actress Jolene Blalock, isn't getting her contract renewed

...according to a rumour spread by spammers on the STARTREK.COM boards. A rumour with no basis in fact.

I heard it was true? I like to see this fact? :laugh:

I feel if Enterprise was cancelled, they show study the show and do the madien voyage of the U.S.S Enterprise NCC-1701 under Captain April and Pike being first officer. We would see Pike take command and a young Spock coming aboard. It would connect the show with TOS, and it would have the basis of having the future senior staff being meantioned or their ships of the time. We know Kirk was Lieutenant on board the Republic, so they could say someone came from the Republic.

Sorry to say Enterprise is on its way out. Star Trek: Enterprise was a bad idea for the reason it was rushed into post production as soon as Voyager ended.

Huh? :laugh: ENT was in developement for two years before VOY ended. Infact, they began developing the series when DS9 ended.

Actress Jolene Blalock, isn't getting her contract renewed and about the others?

Where did you learn this?

I would feel sadden that this going to happen the show needs better writing and better story lines instead of writing stories that had been done and working thaings that have happened or creating characters who have the simular names of real people and real life events.

While Season 2 had some stinkers, I think the writing's been great and the story-lines rock. As for writing stories that have been done before? Heck, I could say that just about every modern TV show has rehashed a story at some point. Just look at the movies today, most are remakes or reimaginings. ENT may rehash old stories, but I don't care if it's pulled off well. Characters similar to real-life people? Who? I've yet to see these characters.

Also its the internet that has damaged it as well.

If that were true, how come Smallville, also a prequal show, is doing fantastic even with drastic changes to the main story?

Actress Jolene Blalock, isn't getting her contract renewed

...according to a rumour spread by spammers on the STARTREK.COM boards. A rumour with no basis in fact.

I heard it was true? I like to see this fact? :laugh:

I feel if Enterprise was cancelled, they show study the show and do the madien voyage of the U.S.S Enterprise NCC-1701 under Captain April and Pike being first officer. We would see Pike take command and a young Spock coming aboard. It would connect the show with TOS, and it would have the basis of having the future senior staff being meantioned or their ships of the time. We know Kirk was Lieutenant on board the Republic, so they could say someone came from the Republic.

If Entreprise is cancelled, there won't be another Star Trek show.

Jean-Luc Picard its in the simular names of groups. Siliban is actually Taliban, Timporal Cold War is the same plot as The war on terroisiom. The Xindi is actually going to war in the Middle East and WMD. The attack on Earth at the end of season two is very simular to September 11, 2001 unfortionitly. I want to know why someone would base these on characters and events in Star Trek.

I think I heard it at Trekbbs. As for the production, a friend at Paramount said it was the begining of the seventh season of Voyager that they started the project and litterelly abandoned Voyager. If Enterprise is cancelled there will be still alive in books and in the comics that being re-released. I am also sure that if it is cancelled, there will be a huge surpport like in the 70's for it brought back. :waaaa:

Edited by Kiearn

Jean-Luc Picard its in the simular names of groups. Siliban is actually Taliban, Timporal Cold War  is the same plot as The  war on terroisiom. The Xindi is actually going to war in the Middle East and WMD. The attack on Earth at the end of season two is very simular to September 11, 2001 unfortionitly. I want to know why someone would base these on characters and events in Star Trek.

Um... "Broken Bow" was filmed before 9-11, so how could the Suliban be based on the Taliban? How could the Temporal Cold War be based on the War on Terrorism if the War on Terrorism hadn't be declared yet? As for the Xindi, I think that because of the 9-11 crisis, that somehow merged with the Xindi idea in their subconsciencous mind, as it was not intentional. The attack on Earth in "The Expanse" isn nothing like 9-11. It's just an attack, like many attacks seen in STAR TREK.

I think I heard it at Trekbbs.  As for the production, a friend at Paramount said it was the begining of the seventh season of Voyager that they started the project and litterelly abandoned Voyager. If Enterprise is cancelled there will be still alive in books and in the comics that being re-released. I am also sure that if it is cancelled, there will be a huge surpport like in the 70's for it brought back. :laugh:

Your friend lied, becuase there was talk of doing a prequal durring VOY's 6th season. I don't read the books nor comics, for me, Trek is a TV show and movie series. If ENT is cancelled, there won't be new episodes norn movies. As for a "huge 70's style support"? :waaaa: The fan base is too fractured, the DS9 fans hate VOY, VOY fans hate DS9, TOS fans hate ENT, and so forth. In fact, I believe that's why the ratings are low and the last 2 movies did badly. The fans, instead of just enjoying the story, are furrious that Trek is not what they want it to be, just like some spoiled kid. That's just an observation though.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

The fans, instead of just enjoying the story, are furrious that Trek is not what they want it to be, just like some spoiled kid.

That's not how I see things. I don't feel like a spoiled kid. That's like me saying that "people who like ENT and Nemesis are simply going on blind loyalty to anything that has the name Star Trek applied to it despite what I believe is an oversaturisation and a decline in quality"

It's a very large generalisation.

This is how I 'generally' feel about Trek:

TOS movies

The Motion Picture: I liked it. very slow, but good.

The Warth of Khan: Excellent.

The Search For Spock: I thought this was good. Not brilliant, but still solid.

The Voyage Home: A little dated, but still very funny and enjoyable.

The Final Frontier: Terrible FX, but the story is essentially thoughtful.

The Undiscovered Country: Dark, Moody, Gritty, topical at the time, Meyer directing it. My favourite of TOS movies.

TNG Movies:

Generations: Average.

First Contact: Brilliant. The best TNG movie.

Insurrection: I found the story tedious. But by no means a disaster.

Nemesis: Hated it. One movie to many. Soundtrack was awful. Very disappointing.

The Series:

TOS: Still excellent, after all these years. Issues. great storytelling. Wonderful characters.

TNG: Magnificent. My second favourite series. Equal in stature to TOS.

DS9: Started slowly, but steadily improved. After the third season it got better and better. Minor problems aside (like Ezri Dax), this is still my favourite Trek series.

VOY: A good idea in theory. Many of the stories were quite good (Equinox, Species 8472, Prometheus, Dauntless, Q, Borg, Viidians) But my opinion of this show was brought down by a group of boring characters. I did like Paris, the Doctor, Seven and even Janeway to a certain extent, but the others...I hated).

ENT: This is where my problems start. I believe that the original concept was flawed. they thought by having a retro-Trek, people would follow. They thought wrong. Setting a show before TOS was a mistake. It limited the series so the whole point of the show is to fill in the blank spaces in Trek Lore. A book would have been preferable. "Birth of The Federation"??? Too much emphasis on T&A (I won't bore everyone again with this, I've already complained about it.) I said a while ago that I won't watch this show, but I've changed my mind. I will watch it and hope that things improve, but this better happen very quickly.

Paramount should let the show run its seven seasons. I don't want it to be cancelled. I would accept improvements.

Then after a few years of a break. Trek could move to where it needs to be IMO, and there are many ways it can progress. But this time, they could do it right, and make Trek what it should be.

Edited by William Stryker

ENT: This is where my problems start. I believe that the original concept was flawed. they thought by having a retro-Trek, people would follow. They thought wrong. Setting a show before TOS was a mistake. It limited the series so the whole point of the show is to fill in the blank spaces in Trek Lore. A book would have been preferable. "Birth of The Federation"??? Too much emphasis on T&A (I won't bore everyone again with this, I've already complained about it.) I said a while ago that I won't watch this show, but I've changed my mind. I will watch it and hope that things improve, but this better happen very quickly.

Actually, a "retro-Trek" idea has been in the works since the 70's. The thought of having a retro-Trek to get new fans actually worked. It's the troll-like continuity freaks who are chasing off the new fans, screaming about how they're breaking the precious continuity. I have a friend who doesn't like Trek, but loves ENT and wants to watch more. Seting the show before TOS was not a mistake. Since TNG, I've wonderred what the 22nd century would be like. At first I didn't welcome the idea, it took me 11 episodes to get into the show, becoming a fan after seeing "Cold Front". It's not limited since we know virtually nothing about the 22nd century beyond the Romulan War and founding of the UFP. It's not about "filling in the blanks", but explorring an era we know nothing about. Sorry, but a book won't cover a chunk of a century. What is T&A? :waaaa:

Paramount should let the show run its seven seasons. I don't want it to be cancelled. I would accept improvements.

Agreed, and I don't want it cancelled either. Improvements are allways welcome.

Then after a few years of a break. Trek could move to where it needs to be IMO, and there are many ways it can progress. But this time, they could do it right, and make Trek what it should be.

I agree, a few years is enough. I don't understand why the fans at TrekBBS think we need a 10-20 year break. :laugh: After ENT, I'd like a series set immediatly after, set later in the 22nd century, or possibly a show about the class that immediatly pre-dates the Constitution-class. The first officer would be Commander April who would take over the U.S.S Enterprise NCC-1701 in the series finale. Perhaps the U.S.S Constitution NX-1700 could show up now and then?

The thought of having a retro-Trek to get new fans actually worked.

They couldn't have got that many new fans otherwise the ratings wouldn't be so low. Many actual Trek fans have been staying away from this show. They are definately not satisfied. I know, that everyone has there own favourite show, but I believe that this is more than that. This is more worrying.

It's the troll-like continuity freaks who are chasing off the new fans, screaming about how they're breaking the precious continuity.

Agreed. Fan-boys are definately too extreme. I just find the new show dull. Some of the extreme fans complain about the Klingon make up not being right, or the consoles and the ship not being right. Hey!!! This isn't the 1960's. Special effects and make up effects have moved on. If the NX-01 looked too basic, it would look like a cheesy plastic model on strings. I will never criticise the show for simply being practical in that sense.

It's not limited since we know virtually nothing about the 22nd century beyond the Romulan War and founding of the UFP. It's not about "filling in the blanks", but explorring an era we know nothing about.

I believe it is limited because I hate those kind of prequel concepts, where "we find out how things turned out a certain way". A book or a series of books would have been more interesting. ST: First Contact gave me (personally) enough of an idea of where the 'Genesis of the Federation' occured. You may like this period of Trek history, personally I don't and again, I come back to the viewing figures and the level of division between fans. The viewing figures are poor. I believe this show is dull and woeful compared to the others. Even Voyager was better than this. I hope it can improve. This Xindi Arc is boring, if we're going to get to the Romulan War and the beginnings of the Fed. then they should get on with it and stop dragging around with this boring arc and this awful 'Temporal Cold War' tedium. The Dominion Arc in DS9 had me hooked. This arc has me almost comatose.

What is T&A?

:P This refers to t*ts and @$$. A reference to the constant scenes of crew members, particulaly T'Pol, oiling each other down and showing skin which is very cynically and crassly shoved into the show by Paramount in a desperate attempt to attract the 'sexed-up MTV watching morons'. It also refers to the fact that T'Pol's costumes will most likely get tighter and more revealing with each passing season. Her breasts are sold as the show's main attraction. Not everyone sees this happening on the show, but to me it is obvious.

I don't understand why the fans at TrekBBS think we need a 10-20 year break.

20 years???? Good God. No, five years will be sufficient. I just want an audience anticipation to build. The audience is all Trekked out. They've had years of overkill. Let it sleep for a while. Build a new show. A new concept, get the characters and actors right, then come back.

For Series Six, I have a few ideas of my own. Basically the show would be set after the TNG era. Not too far ahead, let's say 2425. A new Starship Enterprise, first ship of its new class (NCC X-1701)??? A new captain, new first officer, doctor, tactical chief, science officer, OPS, and CONN officers. We could explore a new time period of Trek. The galaxy would have changed. New alliances, changing political climates etc. For the last few months, I've been writing a few ideas and thoughts down about this new show concept. Still very basic but coming along well.

Another route that I've been thinking about, is this 'Star Trek: The Federation Chronicles' idea. A series of extended TV movies that would explore a different story every episode. For example: Riker on the USS Titan, then Geordi on the USS Challenger, April on the Enterprise, a 'Starfleet Special Forces' tale, then a Section 31 story, an Academy story, 'Origin of the Borg' etc. This would give us a tremendous amount of versitility and flexibility on which areas and time periods of Trek that haven't been covered. we could move from the post-TNG period that I like one week, to the era of Trek that you prefer. Paramount could do maybe a dozen of these chronicles a year, using money that would be wasted on more doomed Trek movies. I believe it is a good idea.

I don't know if you can see what I'm trying to tell you, I may not have explained it in the best or clearest way possible, but I am confident that I'm thinking along the right lines.

That's what I think anyway. Just a few of my opinions. I thought it might be worth something to share them with everyone here.

:laugh: :) :waaaa:

The thought of having a retro-Trek to get new fans actually worked.

They couldn't have got that many new fans otherwise the ratings wouldn't be so low. Many actual Trek fans have been staying away from this show. They are definately not satisfied. I know, that everyone has there own favourite show, but I believe that this is more than that. This is more worrying.

Hmm... most fans I meet love ENT. :laugh: Also, ratings these days don't mean squat. I think if a show is in danger of cancellation, a letter-writing campaign to show them how many do indeed watch the show would be effective.

It's the troll-like continuity freaks who are chasing off the new fans, screaming about how they're breaking the precious continuity.

Agreed. Fan-boys are definately too extreme. I just find the new show dull. Some of the extreme fans complain about the Klingon make up not being right, or the consoles and the ship not being right. Hey!!! This isn't the 1960's. Special effects and make up effects have moved on. If the NX-01 looked too basic, it would look like a cheesy plastic model on strings. I will never criticise the show for simply being practical in that sense.

With the exception of ENT being dull, I totally agree.

It's not limited since we know virtually nothing about the 22nd century beyond the Romulan War and founding of the UFP. It's not about "filling in the blanks", but explorring an era we know nothing about.

I believe it is limited because I hate those kind of prequel concepts, where "we find out how things turned out a certain way". A book or a series of books would have been more interesting. ST: First Contact gave me (personally) enough of an idea of where the 'Genesis of the Federation' occured. You may like this period of Trek history, personally I don't and again, I come back to the viewing figures and the level of division between fans. The viewing figures are poor. I believe this show is dull and woeful compared to the others. Even Voyager was better than this. I hope it can improve. This Xindi Arc is boring, if we're going to get to the Romulan War and the beginnings of the Fed. then they should get on with it and stop dragging around with this boring arc and this awful 'Temporal Cold War' tedium.  The Dominion Arc in DS9 had me hooked. This arc has me almost comatose.

With here, it comes down to what people enjoy. Do people enjoy prequals? "Time Travel" arcs? Maybe the Xindi-arc? There's no real right or wrong, but a matter of what people enjoy. As for the "Birth of the Federation" idea. The problem is that after 3 shows set on a Federation Starship, they needed something more than "another crew on another ship", which lead to them setting the show in the 22nd century. The premise of the show is "Starfleet's first mission", but I feel that will switch over to the Romulan War for the last two seasons, then if the show is successful, saving the end of the war and the founding of the UFP for the movies.

What is T&A?

:P This refers to t*ts and @$$. A reference to the constant scenes of crew members, particulaly T'Pol, oiling each other down and showing skin which is very cynically and crassly shoved into the show by Paramount in a desperate attempt to attract the 'sexed-up MTV watching morons'. It also refers to the fact that T'Pol's costumes will most likely get tighter and more revealing with each passing season. Her breasts are sold as the show's main attraction. Not everyone sees this happening on the show, but to me it is obvious.

This problem began when VOY was going to replace Harry or Kes with a Borg character, and UPN wanted it to be a "sexy babe". This resulted in Seven wearring a catsuit and high-heels :waaaa: and T'Pol's not-logical atire. If the show were syndicated, the "sexual themes" wouldn't be an issue, at least in my opinion anyway.

I don't understand why the fans at TrekBBS think we need a 10-20 year break.

20 years???? Good God. No, five years will be sufficient. I just want an audience anticipation to build. The audience is all Trekked out. They've had years of overkill. Let it sleep for a while. Build a new show. A new concept, get the characters and actors right, then come back.

"20 years???? Good ***." :) Sorry, that made me laugh. As for your statements, I agree. A 2-5 year break is plenty of time for fans to "want new adventures" and spend time working on a new show.

For Series Six, I have a few ideas of my own. Basically the show would be set after the TNG era. Not too far ahead, let's say 2425. A new Starship Enterprise, first ship of its new class (NCC X-1701)??? A new captain, new first officer, doctor, tactical chief, science officer, OPS, and CONN officers. We could explore a new time period of Trek. The galaxy would have changed. New alliances, changing political climates etc. For the last few months, I've been writing a few ideas and thoughts down about this new show concept. Still very basic but coming along well.

Another route that I've been thinking about, is this 'Star Trek: The Federation Chronicles' idea. A series of extended TV movies that would explore a different story every episode. For example: Riker on the USS Titan, then Geordi on the USS Challenger, April on the Enterprise, a 'Starfleet Special Forces' tale, then a Section 31 story, an Academy story, 'Origin of the Borg' etc. This would give us a tremendous amount of versitility and flexibility on which areas and time periods of Trek that haven't been covered. we could move from the post-TNG period that I like one week, to the era of Trek that you prefer.  Paramount could do maybe a dozen of these chronicles a year, using money that would be wasted on more doomed Trek movies. I believe it is a good idea.

I don't know if you can see what I'm trying to tell you, I may not have explained it in the best or clearest way possible, but I am confident that I'm thinking along the right lines.

That's what I think anyway. Just a few of my opinions. I thought it might be worth something to share them with everyone here.

I love your 25th-century idea but not the anthology idea. I never have liked anthologies.

Jean-Luc Picard its in the simular names of groups. Siliban is actually Taliban, Timporal Cold War  is the same plot as The  war on terroisiom. The Xindi is actually going to war in the Middle East and WMD. The attack on Earth at the end of season two is very simular to September 11, 2001 unfortionitly. I want to know why someone would base these on characters and events in Star Trek.

Um... "Broken Bow" was filmed before 9-11, so how could the Suliban be based on the Taliban? How could the Temporal Cold War be based on the War on Terrorism if the War on Terrorism hadn't be declared yet? As for the Xindi, I think that because of the 9-11 crisis, that somehow merged with the Xindi idea in their subconsciencous mind, as it was not intentional. The attack on Earth in "The Expanse" isn nothing like 9-11. It's just an attack, like many attacks seen in STAR TREK.

I think I heard it at Trekbbs.  As for the production, a friend at Paramount said it was the begining of the seventh season of Voyager that they started the project and litterelly abandoned Voyager. If Enterprise is cancelled there will be still alive in books and in the comics that being re-released. I am also sure that if it is cancelled, there will be a huge surpport like in the 70's for it brought back. :clap:

Your friend lied, becuase there was talk of doing a prequal durring VOY's 6th season. I don't read the books nor comics, for me, Trek is a TV show and movie series. If ENT is cancelled, there won't be new episodes norn movies. As for a "huge 70's style support"? :wub: The fan base is too fractured, the DS9 fans hate VOY, VOY fans hate DS9, TOS fans hate ENT, and so forth. In fact, I believe that's why the ratings are low and the last 2 movies did badly. The fans, instead of just enjoying the story, are furrious that Trek is not what they want it to be, just like some spoiled kid. That's just an observation though.

Oh it was was done proupsely, so I was wrong abot the Taliban. I didn't reailse. I predicted it will end very soon, the guy works on the sets of Enterprise I should have another check. Tell me Jean-Luc when was the last time you saw anyone basing an event on real life in TNG?

Fans who love Continunity are fan boys? So does knowing every character and knowing every episode is a fan boy? I enjoy continunity but I am no fan boy. Well if you think for a mement TOS and TNG are the only real canon.

I think I heard it at Trekbbs.  As for the production, a friend at Paramount said it was the begining of the seventh season of Voyager that they started the project and litterelly abandoned Voyager. If Enterprise is cancelled there will be still alive in books and in the comics that being re-released. I am also sure that if it is cancelled, there will be a huge surpport like in the 70's for it brought back. :clap:

Your friend lied, becuase there was talk of doing a prequal durring VOY's 6th season. I don't read the books nor comics, for me, Trek is a TV show and movie series. If ENT is cancelled, there won't be new episodes norn movies. As for a "huge 70's style support"? :wub: The fan base is too fractured, the DS9 fans hate VOY, VOY fans hate DS9, TOS fans hate ENT, and so forth. In fact, I believe that's why the ratings are low and the last 2 movies did badly. The fans, instead of just enjoying the story, are furrious that Trek is not what they want it to be, just like some spoiled kid. That's just an observation though.

Oh it was was done proupsely, so I was wrong abot the Taliban. I didn't reailse. I predicted it will end very soon, the guy works on the sets of Enterprise I should have another check. Tell me Jean-Luc when was the last time you saw anyone basing an event on real life in TNG?

Fans who love Continunity are fan boys? So does knowing every character and knowing every episode is a fan boy? I enjoy continunity but I am no fan boy. Well if you think for a mement TOS and TNG are the only real canon.

As I said, the whole Sulliban / TCW arc was developed before 9-11 and the War on Terrorism, so there's no way this was to "base" stories on real-life events, especially if they hadn't happened yet. :laugh:

Some episodes have been intended to mirror real-life events like "Detained", but they've done this since TOS. Remember the 6th Trek movie THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY? That was to mirror the cold war between America and Russia.

I didn't say fans who love continuity are fan-boys.

Well if you think for a mement TOS and TNG are the only real canon.

Um... What the... :blink: All 5 series and all 10 movies are canon. :blink:

This is my theory Jean-Luc, Gene Roddenberry created the Original Series correct? He also created The Next Generation correct? He didn't create Deep Space Nine, Voyager or the current Enterprise. Rick Berman created the last three, so those are only based upon those two first ones. I got to thinking of the Siliban/Taliban thing. I am thinking now its only coininidince that the War on Terrism happened. But Siliban could still be Taliban because they were around before 9/11.

Guest Guest

I'm a bit behind on this topic but had to give my opinion.

I insist on watching just one hour of television in the 168 hours of broadcasting available each week. I sit down for a whole 60 minutes (a miracle in itself), commandeer the remote, try to ignore everything around me and just enjoy the show. I love Enterprise and hope it has the opportunity to develop to it's full potential.

sky

I'd be one ticked off fan but I guess I would have to adapt.

1. How long do you think it'd be before a 6th series?

2. Would there be a 6th series?

3. Would Trek get a reboot, as in new continuity?

4. Would it be the end of Trek as we know it?

5. Would you get the DVD season sets?

1. I'm guessing it would take 4 years for all the hub-bub to settle and get a new series back on the air.

2. Yes, see above.

3. I don't think so, Isn't "new continuty" what's been freaking the "masses" out?

4. No. Again, the problem has been the "masses" don't feel we have been getting Trek as we know it so, returning to Trek as we know would make the masses happy right?

5. NO*. I won't spend money on an incomplete series, I'll use my videos.

*UNLESS (as the article for ENT's possible cancellation seems to hint at) the series as a TV show could end with clear "ending" then I may reconsider buying them.

1. How long do you think it'd be before a 6th series?

2. Would there be a 6th series?

3. Would Trek get a reboot, as in new continuity?

4. Would it be the end of Trek as we know it?

5. Would you get the DVD season sets?

1. I'm guessing it would take 4 years for all the hub-bub to settle and get a new series back on the air.

2. Yes, see above.

3. I don't think so, Isn't "new continuty" what's been freaking the "masses" out?

4. No. Again, the problem has been the "masses" don't feel we have been getting Trek as we know it so, returning to Trek as we know would make the masses happy right?

5. NO*. I won't spend money on an incomplete series, I'll use my videos.

*UNLESS (as the article for ENT's possible cancellation seems to hint at) the series as a TV show could end with clear "ending" then I may reconsider buying them.

Well, the masses want more of the same, and frankly, I think that's borring. ENT is all about change, and they don't like it. :rofl:

As for the DVD's, agreed, I don't want an incomplete series unless it's episodic or has a final episode of some sort.

Well, the masses want more of the same, and frankly, I think that's borring. ENT is all about change, and they don't like it.  :rofl:

100% agreed. This is why I have posted my feelings about the need for the TNG, DS9, VOY era to be brought to a close. A sense of being fresh again (though I feel ENT IS/WAS fresh) lays in the distant future far removed from that time. With that said I now see the inherent dangers of doing that as well, what will we find there, the other end of the TCW? :P I jest but that would imo be cool to. It just going to be a shame though if ENT doesen't get the chance to properly lay the groundwork for that to happen. The crybabies are spoiling everything! (:rofl:)

Yes, I can't stand crybabies. Someone put them to bed for cry'n out loud! :rofl: I think the TNG-era should be left alone for a long time as far as TV goes, I'd love to see a 5th TNG, DS9, VOY, or mixed-crew movie, but if they don't want to do a movie for any of those options, then I'm all for a new-cast movie (within Trek continuity) or an ENT movie. :P

Well, the main problem with Enterprise is that it is not different enough. Under the veneer of "retro-ness" there is little to distinguish Enterprise fron Voyager and TNG before it. The only true show which was different and pushed boundaries was DS9.

Edited by Stewey

Well, the main problem with Enterprise is that it is not different enough. Under the veneer of "retro-ness" there is little to distinguish Enterprise fron Voyager and TNG before it. The only true show which was different and pushed boundaries was DS9.

Are you forgetting TOS?

Well if it was up to me I would make Enterprise go even more retro. Personally I found DS9 boring because it seemed over obsessed with character development at the expense of good sci fi stories.

Are you forgetting TOS?

Yes TOS was pushing the boundaries just like DS9 did. DS9 was more like TOS in style and mood than any other show, unlike the black and white ethics of TNG, VOY and now Ent, DS9 and TOS saw things as shades of grey. I miss that right now, because Ent seems to be hitting people over the head about what's "right" and "wrong".

It leaves little to the viewer to actually decide for themselves.

Do TPTB really care if people complain as long as they're watching it? I don't even know for certain what the "continuity" issues are - although I agree that I didn't like how it portrays Vulcan's but that doesn't keep me from watching it.

There were some rough spots at first but I stuck with it and ENT is one of my favorite of the series and I will be sad if it is cancelled. But in truth this Xindi arc is already making me sad. Action is great but there has been practically no character development this season, that dinner conversation with Trip and Malcolm was one of the best scenes of the season.

And this whole let's see T'Pol naked emphasis does not hold my interest and it is just a ploy to attract viewers through sex (male viewers).

And this whole let's see T'Pol naked emphasis does not hold my interest and it is just a ploy to attract viewers through sex (male viewers).

That's what I feel. B)

Star Trek once upon a time used to hold the interests of fans, including me from the stories alone. That's why even in the modern world with all the CGI, and modern production techniques, there are still millions of younger kids watching TOS and TNG.

Edited by Stewey