Sign in to follow this  
removed

Voyager on DVD

Title: Star Trek: Voyager

Starring: Kate Mulgrew

Released: 24th February 2004

SRP: Under $100

Further Details

Paramount have just confirmed with us the schedule for the first few Star Trek: Voyager releases. As we have already reported, season one of the show will be available to own from the 24th February. However, we can now confirm that Paramount plan to release season two at the much later date of May 18th, season three two months later on the 6th July and season four on the 3rd August. I'm afraid that Paramount don't have solid release dates for the remaining three seasons yet, but we'll bring you those as soon as we have them. More details on season one can be found in the related articles below. We also hope to bring you menu shots and a review of season one within the next few weeks.

voyagerhighr12artworkpic.jpg

From dvdanswers.com.

I find the cover alot more attractive than the TNG and DS9 ones, which I thought were pretty ugly. This one seems to be transparent.

That looks really cool i can't wait to see it in the shops shame i will have to wait until May :rolleyes:

More pics:

Click for Spoiler:

voyager3.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

voyager4.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

voyager5.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

voyager6.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

voyager8.jpg

Yes, VBG, the case is transparent plastic, with a gray pull out in the middle which I assume covers the small coloured DVD cases. I like it. However, I don't like some of the colours they picked for the rest of them. It makes too much of a rainbow. Blech.

Well I've already sent our son back to college with the entire set of VOY home recordings so like em or not I'm committed to buying the DVDs now.

I am interested in how easily the disks are accessed (or not) though; this design looks user friendly enough but bystys right about the colors. Too pastel for me but my ladies might like that. Jem got home just now, she likes them. EDIT: Martha has now seen em and she likes the look as well as Jem did.

Edited by Alterego

If I get them I definetly wont have them out in my little display area in my entertainment centre. That would make it look foolish. Lol.

And I think the DVDs should be fairly easy to get too. Slip of the clear cover and then just open the case. Not too hard if I that really is how to get to them.

I'm still not up-to-date on all of the DVD sets out there as of now. I'm trying to save more money so I'm spacing out on buying the Star Trek sets. For the VOY DVD Sets - agreed, they could be more attractive.

[Thanks for posting this Bysty :) ]

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Is no one interrested? :wow:

Oh um, my first impressions of them are they appear rather bland looking.

However I like the way each different episode/feature selection grids are easy to distinguish, unlike the DS9's grid which I've found are sometimes aggravating to navigate.

I didn't follow the link yet, are the menu sounds there?

Oh um, my first impressions of them are they appear rather bland looking.

That was my first impression too. I think it's more the colors of the words that don't excite me.

I'll likely not get any of these DVD's until after the 3rd season is available anyway and they usually make changes to the menus for different seasons so maybe some of the later season's will look a little better.

Guest Ktrek

Well, we bought our copy today and watched "Caretaker" this evening. The menu is pretty good as well as the intro sequence. I'm VERY disappointed in the cheap packaging. However, the picture quality seems better than DS9 and the 5.1 sourround soundtrack is definitely better! Very nice and fun to see this great show again! Especially on my 51 inch TV! :andorian::waaaa::tear:

Ktrek

Edited by Ktrek

Guest Ktrek

Yea the packaging is really cheap and worse than DS9's. The cover sleeve is two parts that meet in the center of the package from top to bottom. I don't think the discs are very well protected. In TNG set the bonus features disc you got came in a cardboard sleeve. DS9 came with a nice plastic case and the Voyager comes with a "paper" sleeve. I could understand the cheaper packaging if they lowered the price to say around &80.00 but nope! It was $99.00 still. In fact Sam Goody where I usually buy my sets from raised their new sale price to $119.00. I demanded my deposit back and went to BestBuy where I knew it would be $99.00. I told the guy working that if you take $20 Xs 7 they would make an extra $140.00 off the series and even their triple points discounts couldn't make up the difference! I'm just glad BesBuy sells the one with the bonus disc. I think I'm gonna buy my own multi-disc holders and make my own covers from now on. It would look better on the shelf anyway!

Ktrek