~Crims~

Favorite Cardassian

Who is Your Favorite Cardassian from DS9  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Your Favorite Cardassian from DS9

• Gul Dukat
    • Garak
    • Damar

I went with Garak, he was one of the reasons i kept watching to start with because of his amazing wit and interesting background... such a complex and interesting guy, i just love him!

Gul Dukat was a fantastic villain though, one of the best i would say.

Seska. She was such a tough b1tch and like Kathy Bates at the end of Misery....just kept coming back and back! Even when dead. A real legend.

I always liked Garak. Especially in Afterimage when he is dealing with the mental repercussions of helping the Federation decode Cardassian transmissions. That was a great Garak episode.

I voted for Garak.  He was a multifaceted character.  He could be extremely dangerous and sly but in other situations he could be trustworthy.

I think that he could be trusted, but only if it served his own best interests.

Definately Garak for me as well. He was a very interesting, entertaining character. Never quite knew what to believe..A good guy or bad?..What was he up to now? Very interesting character..

I VOTED FOR GARAK HES A SHADY TYPE

OF GUY,AND HAS A LOT OF FUNNY ONE LINERS :(

I started to vote for Damar, but I'm just coming off of watching the end of the series. Garak was great from the beginning and it's his interaction with Damar at the end that makes Damar so entertaining.

Of course, Damar and Weyoun were priceless ... I loved when Worf killed Weyoun Clone #8 (?) and Damar just howled with laughter. Then Weyoun 9 showed up and Damar says: "Why don't you go pay Worf a visit?" something like that. It was really funny.

But alas, all in all, it's Garak that's the winner here. He's just so charming and funny and scary and everything in between.

Oh, it's got to be Garak. He was so, so cool. You always knew he was more than what he seemed to be, but you never really knew if you had him pegged correctly. (Although I really liked Ziyal too. I almost cried when she died. :waaaa: )

Dukat is evil incarnate.

Damar was a dedicated and brave soldier, but he unnecssarily killed Zyial (sp/).

I chose Garak-- hard to pin down, but having moments of being a scoundral and being an angel, and at times, someone who needed to be cared about ( I think about his relationship with Zyial and his father.).

I voted for Damar...Went from being an alcoholic pee-on to being the respected leader of a rebel against the Dominion...

He was so hot...Why did he have to die?

My favorite used to be Gul Dukat but after reading "A Stitch in Time" by Andrew J Robinson (Garak) I changed my mind. There is just so much to Garak, played by a good Actor.

:hammer:

For i think that Gul Dukat was the type of guy that you like to hate. And also i think that is a very sexy man who likes to have power.

I didn't vote....

All three Cardassians listed have positives and negatives (and too many negatives for me to select one as a favorite).

Garak seems nice and he helped our heroes a number of times,but at his heart Garak was a cold,calculating murderer who usually only helped out when it benefitted himself.

Damar started out pretty lame,but really developed into a bold,courageous leader near the end of DS9.

Gul Dukat was scary.For all the evil that man stood for,he had a magnetism about his character.I have to say,if I were a Cardassian I could see myself fighting for that man.That's very troubling.

:)

I voted for Damar. He was my fave character from DS9 . Damar started out as 1) a navigator aboard the Cardassian freighter Gruemoll 2)became a rebel fighting alongside Dukat against the Klingons 3)He then became adjutant to Dukat after Cardassia joined the Dominion 4)he was a Legate and Political leader of Cardassia 5) He rebuked Dominon control of Cardassia 6) Became the leader of the Cardassian Liberation Front 7) died a martyr on Cardassia fighting the Dominion occupation of his homeworld. There are so many more things to list about this fascinating character,but i just wanted to mention the main points.

Legate Corat Damar went full circle as a character. How many other characters can honestly be mentioned in that category? I think his best moment came during the twilight of the Dominon War when he pleaded before a Cardassian crowd the following diatribe: "Citizens of Cardassia, hear me! The Dominion told you that the rebellion has been crushed,what you have seen here today proves that that is yet another lie. Our fight for freedom continues,but it will take place here in the streets. I call on Cardassians everywhere to rise up,rise up and join me! I need you to be my army.If we stand together,nothing can oppose us. Freedom is ours for the taking!" :laugh::tribble: