Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Are there any female Xindi?

Biology tells us there must be who knows maybe not, they are an alien species.

I'd bet they exist but they just haven't yet gotten involved in the affairs of the males or {{{HORRORS}}} they are not allowed to. Honestly, if they do exist, I hope they don't turn out to be timid little creatures only allowed to stay home and keep nest.

Perhaps they will someday appear (yielding rolling pins) and turn out to be the voice of reason causing the males to back down on their war with humans. Wouldn't that be nice?

Great idea, Alterego. I can see it now: the Xindi version of "Lysistrata." Remember the Greek play we all read in high school? The women refuse to bed down with their husbands until they stop warmongering. Hey, it works, too. Well, in the play, anyway. B)

As for biology telling us there MUST be male and female, how about earthworms? Applied to the Xindi...now there's a charming thought... B)

very nice karenjo! i think that they don't have access to the "one" place on Xindioid that we have seen

As for biology telling us there MUST be male and female, how about earthworms?  Applied to the Xindi...now there's a charming thought...  B)

There are many organisms that reproduce asexually however "male" ness is part of the male/female method of reproduction. The presence of a male implies the presence of a female. Granted that just because something appears male doesn't mean it is by human standards. So all these male looking Xindi could actually be asexual rather than male. However, the writers incorporated Earth based biology for their different species, insects, arboreal, human etc. all of which are sexually reproducing organisms.

Could be possible the explanation Gimli offered in LOTR applies - the women looked so much like the men people thought they didn't exist. B)

Who's to say the Insectoid Xindi we've seen are male? Sometimes I think it's just a matter of perception. Like in paintings of the Last Supper, Jesus is portrayed as if he were an anglo man with fair skin and light eyes but the reality of the region would make the reality much different from the perception.

I don't think (but I could be wrong) that any of the Xindi have been identified as "male" or "female", have they?