Nemesis Poll

Was ST Nemesis...  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Was ST Nemesis...

• Good. We need to see more TNG on the big screen
    • Good. But that should be the last TNG film
    • Average. I hope the next TNG film is better
    • Poor. I hope I never see that cast again,time to move on
    • Poor. But I will give them another chance.

Guest Ktrek

I voted:

Good. But that should be the last TNG film

Mainly because I'm ready for a change and I think the TNG cast is getting too old. I'm all for a brand new cast and a brand new ship. Some ideas I think worthy of pursuit on the big screen.

1. DS9 movie

2. Mixed cast DS9/TNG/Voy

3. All new cast and crew

4. Starfleet Academy

5. Star Trek - Relativity - this could be really cool

6. Star Trek - Excelsior - Captain Sulu - while he can still do one

8. Star Trek - New Frontiers - Based of the characters in Peter Davids books

9.Hertzler's Left Hand Of Destiny - Only book one has come out so far but this is one of the most epic and best ST books in years!

Ktrek

I voted Good. But that should be the last TNG film! :D

I'd love to see a mixed cast movie involving TNG, DS9, & VOY characters. Not the complete cast from those 3 shows as that'd be way too many people, but rather 3 or 4 characters from each of those shows with other characters playing small roles and others making cameos. It'd also be cool to start the movie with a 10 min flashback scene to ENT! :tear:

1. DS9 movie

2. Mixed cast DS9/TNG/Voy

3. All new cast and crew

4. Starfleet Academy

5. Star Trek - Relativity - this could be really cool

6. Star Trek - Excelsior - Captain Sulu - while he can still do one

8. Star Trek - New Frontiers - Based of the characters in Peter Davids books

9.Hertzler's Left Hand Of Destiny - Only book one has come out so far but this is one of the most epic and best ST books in years!

Ktrek

1. I think DS9 is too complicated for a movie.

2. Exactly what I'd like to see!

3. To me, the whole point of a Trek movie, is to continue the adventures of the tv show. A new cast... well, that'd be like doing an X-Files movie without Mulder & Scully! :tear:

4. This won'g happen. It was suggested for ST-6, and Berman said it'll never happen.

5. Very interresting!

6. I think this would work better as a mini-series. :D

7. What happened to #7?

8. Never read those books, and I suspect most casual fans and the movie goers haven't either. This idea might bomb.

9. What's this book about?

Poor. I hope I never see that cast again,time to move on

I love TNG so much, but there was very little about that movie I liked.

Guest Ktrek
1. I think DS9 is too complicated for a movie.

Well, I disgree with this. It's not necessary to try and bring in all the story arcs into a movie. The main thing would be to write a good epic and assemble the cast. TNG, although a great show has only had decent movies. The cast is old and looking that way. They also don't seem to really have the chemistry on the "big" screen that they did on TV. A DS9 might just spark some renewed interest in old Star Trek fans especially after the DVDs have all been released and it's had a run on TNN for awhile.

2. Exactly what I'd like to see!

Glad we agree here but it would not be my first choice.

3. To me, the whole point of a Trek movie, is to continue the adventures of the tv show.  A new cast...  well, that'd be like doing an X-Files movie without Mulder & Scully! :blink:

Here again I disagree with you. Many movies are made with no background stories or characters to work from. It would depend on how it was written, directed and advertised. If it was made clear in the advertising that it is a ST film and had perhaps a big name actor/actress as a draw, Like Halle Berry, Van Diesel for instance, I think it could work. Yes it would mean coming to love and get to know a whole new crew BUT if they were young enough they could conceivably do 3 or 4 movies with the new crew. Then 10 years from now everyone would be moaning that there are no ST-? movies. We loved that cast!! :D LOL

4. This won'gthappen.  It was suggested for ST-6, and Berman said it'll never happen.

Berman can say whatever he wants but if a good enough script came along I think he would change his mind. They really should ask Peter David to submit some ideas for scripts and let him write a ST movie.

5. Very interresting!

This is one idea that I think would be fun! It could even contain a story that included members from TNG, DS9 or VOY but still concentrate mostly on the time travel scenarios involving the crew of Relativity. It would also push the ST universe farther into the future. You could think of it like the Time Tunnel meets Star Trek! :P

6. I think this would work better as a mini-series. :)

This probably won't happen but a classic trek fan can dream can't he? :D

7. What happened to #7?

Well, I messed up in my numbering system but how about a darker more sinister ST? One that had few roles for Federation officers and primarily centered on the Klingon culture? Oh! That's similiar to number 9.

8. Never read those books, and I suspect most casual fans and the movie goers haven't either.  This idea might bomb.

Here again this idea goes along with my thoughts in number 3. It would depend on the story, cast and how it was promoted. Perhaps you should read the books. You might think differently about this idea. BTW the New Frontier books have been some of the best sellers. It just shows Trek fans have a hunger for well done stories with a completely new set of characters to love and enjoy.

9. What's this book about?[/glow]

This is about General Martok from DS9 and Ambassador Worf. The day he, Martok, arrives back on Q'uonos to be offically recognized as Chancellor, now that Gowron is no more, terrorists blow up the Klingon Great Hall and many or most of the Klingon leadership are killed and a new regime takes control. The new regime wants to stir up the Klingon people back to their old ways of imperialism and expansion and kill the new era of diplomacy. It's up to Martok and Worf to save the day and the empire! It's a great story and if you have time to read any ST books put this one on your list. It is very well written. The authors have a good grasp of Klingon culture.

Ktrek

The movie was just ok.. I voted for average because when I left the theater I was excited(because I had never got to see a st movie in theaters) but I was very depressed.. I was even more depressed the second time I saw it.. they need more closure and to pass the torch.. I do think it would be cool if in a couple of years they did a tng reunion movie just to see the cast together again.. :blink: any way I could rant some more but I won't make you all suffer.. :P

all hail Bev!! :D

This is one of the few areas that i disagree with my sisters. I hated it. It depressed me for days and then when i read the novel version and read the part where it stated Data's emotion chip was ruined by the Borg Queen (which was not supported but the mention of it in Inserrection) I was depressed all over again.

If that is what TPTB what us to feel like when we leave the theater, no wonder it bombed.

Ok, i'll settle donw now.

I said, poor but would give them another chance, but if i do not leave the theater with at least a small smile, i will not be going again, no matter what the cast.

I voted for good but that should be the last TNG film. :blink:

I was torn, but without Data it just wouldn't be the same. I'm not sure how they would make another one with the original cast when they've supposedly gone their separate ways. I guess they could reunite them like they did in All Good Things...(in the scenes when they were in the future) but since it's been done there I don't know if I care to see that again. Let's face it; they screwed up. At the very least they could have ended Nemesis with the last twenty minutes showing the crew saying their goodbyes, reminiscing, adding some jokes in there to lighten the mood before we left the theater, and giving us better closure.

I like the idea of another TNG movie, but I think that is should have at least a small mix of DS9 and VOY to kind of transition into the next set of movies.

I voted "Good" but only because there wasn't an option for AWESOME! I loved Nemesis and I think that it was the best of the TNG movies and I really hope that they make another one. I do think that it would be cool to include characters from DS9 and maybe Voyager but it should definatly focus on Captian Picard.

The thing I did not like about Janeway in the film was that she was too friendly to have been a realistic superior to Picard.

Anyway, I am not a big fan of crossovers in general, the only exception being Worfs inclusion on DS9 which improved the series drastically.

I voted Good, but want to see one more TNG film. I really liked the movie, although I can tell you when I get the DVD that the end is something I don't think I could take seeing again. And I agree with Lessa about being upset about the whole emotion chip scenario. That was definately not the way of going about it at all!

I thought Nemesis was very good, but we need 2 more movies for 2 reasons.

1. TOS had 6, TNG should get 6 (nyah nyah so there. Ok, fine thats not a good reason. Here's a better one:)

2. 1 movie to bring Data back and have people be mad about how bad it was, and another to give the crew a spectacular, happy farewell, and perhaps pass the torch.

1. TOS had 6, TNG should get 6 (nyah nyah so there. Ok, fine thats not a good reason. Here's a better one:)

lol.gif

2. 1 movie to bring Data back and have people be mad about how bad it was, and another to give the crew a spectacular, happy farewell, and perhaps pass the torch

You know, I was totally against another TNG movie, but if they did that I would be so happy! I felt like Nemesis ended TNG on a very gloomy note. That really ticked me off. misbas.gif

Exactly my problem with the movie! (ok, my problem was mostly that Data dies, but its kind of the same thing). We like HAPPY endings here, people!

I voted good but this should be the last TNG film.

Ktrek, I really like the idea of doing a film based on the New Frontier books! It would be cool to see Ashley Judd in a Starfleet uniform again.(For those that have not read the books the character Robin Lefler from TNG is amoung the crew.) Also Elizabeth Dennehy could reprise her role as Commander Shelby (She is a captain now in the books),you will remember her as the woman that wanted Rikers job in the TNG episodes "Best of Both Worlds parts I & II"

Peter David who wrote the New frontier series has done a great job creating interesting characters for these books.

“I’ll give it another chance”, but overall I don’t think that it was that great and the more I think about it critically the more I dislike it.

It did have a good concept, but that concept was not executed good or correctly.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I voted for "Poor", but I'd give them another chance. However, that chance is not likely to come about since that was probably the last movie. I left the theatre really disappointed. They rushed the ending and it just came off really bad. I didn't mind Data's death because it was about time someone bit the bullet (i mean phaser explosion).

// looks for flying projectiles from angry Data fans! :wow:

Moreover, I was not really impressed with Tom Hardy... Ahhhhhhhggg....

I think I'll stop right here. :D

I voted for "Poor", but I'd give them another chance. However, that chance is not likely to come about since that was probably the last movie.  I left the theatre really disappointed.  They rushed the ending and it just came off really bad.  I didn't mind Data's death because it was about time someone bit the bullet (i mean phaser explosion).

// looks for flying projectiles from angry Data fans!  :wow:

I think I'll stop right here.  :D

Fine, but why DATA??? (well, you knew someone was gonna come after you....)

I mean, Picard's like 80, Worf WANTS to die and they choose to kill Data, who is about 40, the best character (IMO!), and who is still discovering humanity and himself. Honestly, you people are so morbid - you WANT people to die??? Im sorry, you really shouldn't have gotten me started on this :D its one of my danger topics (the other majour one being Data and a minor one being dogs. Maybe I should post a warning somewhere :D Just kidding) - so in short, nothing personal, I just cant help myself....

I voted for "Poor", but I'd give them another chance. However, that chance is not likely to come about since that was probably the last movie.  I left the theatre really disappointed.  They rushed the ending and it just came off really bad.  I didn't mind Data's death because it was about time someone bit the bullet (i mean phaser explosion).

// looks for flying projectiles from angry Data fans!  :D

I think I'll stop right here.  :D

Fine, but why DATA??? (well, you knew someone was gonna come after you....)

I mean, Picard's like 80, Worf WANTS to die and they choose to kill Data, who is about 40, the best character (IMO!), and who is still discovering humanity and himself. Honestly, you people are so morbid - you WANT people to die??? Im sorry, you really shouldn't have gotten me started on this :wow: its one of my danger topics (the other majour one being Data and a minor one being dogs. Maybe I should post a warning somewhere :D Just kidding) - so in short, nothing personal, I just cant help myself....

Calm down sister, it will be alright somehow...

Now I have to ask, why does everyone feel that there should be a death, and please I know about the "it was the next logical step" and "it brought him full circle".To write the final pages of the story of life is a eventuality for us all(irregardless of species). What I mean, is I have heard people (not just around here, but elsewhere-mainly elsewhere) say that his death was necessary, that he NEEDED to die.That is what I will never understand. People seemed (in some places) to really have it in for him(as if they hated him, or he did something cruel to them. Some people got so vicious that I left that site in tears!).

This confuses me and well, mainly angers me. (Don't worry, I am not going around telling people that THEY need to die). So, dsbs you are definately not alone in this.

Now I have to ask, why does everyone feel that there should be a death, and please I know about the "it was the next logical step" and "it brought him full circle".To write the final pages of the story of life is a eventuality for us all(irregardless of species). What I mean, is I have heard people (not just around here, but elsewhere-mainly elsewhere) say that his death was necessary, that he NEEDED to die.That is what I will never understand. People seemed (in some places) to really have it in for him(as if they hated him, or he did something cruel to them. Some people got so vicious that I left that site in tears!).

This confuses me and well, mainly angers me. (Don't worry, I am not going around telling people that THEY need to die). So, dsbs you are definately not alone in this.

For some reason, the writers chose Data instead of anyone else. What was their reasoning behind this? Who knows. For androids, deactivation is the closest thing to a real death. And how many times had Data been deactivated or put back together!? Maybe the writers chose to kill him off because you can't reactivate or reassemble a human. :wow:

I don't believe that there are large factions of people that wanted Data to kick the bucket,

since he is one of the most popular characters. :D